Sign in to follow this  
ErikNL

Why did the price drop all of a sudden?

6 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Just to be clear, we're talking about a deflation back to pre-qe levels, similar to something we experienced in 2008, and 2001. And this applies to all asset prices, crypto is included. We're past the peak, its downhill from here. 

Good grief. Is the the depressening forum. Have you not carried out any research? You do realise which institutions and systems Ripple are integrating their software into do you?

9 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Just to be clear, we're talking about a deflation back to pre-qe levels, similar to something we experienced in 2008, and 2001. And this applies to all asset prices, crypto is included. We're past the peak, its downhill from here. 

I'm sorry but I beg to differ.  That type of assessment does not hold true if the asset is something newly useful and emerging as a paradigm shift in a market rife for disruption.

For you to be correct then all the coming usage (in volumes to swamp current efforts) would have to ignored completely in pricing.  That's just unreasonable and unlikely.

Just now, cuber said:

Good grief. Is the the depressening forum. Have you not carried out any research? You do realise which institutions and systems Ripple are integrating their software into do you?

I do, yes. Banks will again be highly exposed during this downturn as asset prices fall and their balance sheets contract. Santander is a good example here potentially, given the bank was near insolvency during tge Euro-crisis, which is about to begin again. 

2 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

I do, yes. Banks will again be highly exposed during this downturn as asset prices fall and their balance sheets contract. Santander is a good example here potentially, given the bank was near insolvency during tge Euro-crisis, which is about to begin again. 

If you're so convinced of this then why do you still hold XRP now? Wouldn't it be better to sell now and cut your losses? If you are in a loss.

Edited by cuber

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm sorry but I beg to differ.  That type of assessment does not hold true if the asset is something newly useful and emerging as a paradigm shift in a market rife for disruption.

For you to be correct then all the coming usage (in volumes to swamp current efforts) would have to ignored completely in pricing.  That's just unreasonable and unlikely.

Using a fixed quantity settlement layer makes the contraction worse, not better. Using xrp would accelerate the downturn, any sudden increase in xrp price eould be shortly followed by multiple national insolvencies, bank bankruptcies, etc. It would be a catastrophic event similar to the UK's reimplementation of the gold standard after WW1.

4 minutes ago, cuber said:

If you're so convinced of this then why do you still hold XRP now? Wouldn't it be better to sell now and cut your losses? If you are in a loss.

I no longer hold a material quantity of xrp.  

My thesis will be 'tested' during the Dec rate hike. If rates hike and crypto falls further, I would argue this can be seen as support--we'll see shortly!

Edited by Wandering_Dog

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

You have to admit it is pretty cool to see two talking dogs discussing market prices....  both wearing eye protection.   :) 

Whodathunkit?

Looks like @cuber has alot more money than me, though. Maybe we should be listening to him rather than some random alcoholic dog that can't remember where his dog house is!

Just now, Wandering_Dog said:

Looks like @cuber has alot more money than me, though. Maybe we should be listening to him rather than some random alcoholic dog that can't remember where his dog house is!

I bought at $0.035. I'm still very much green.

21 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

On the contrary, there would be even more incentive to improve margins on services during a down-turn, and nothing beats xRapid in reducing cross-border payment overheads (thus minimizing costs and providing more buffer for profits).

@cuber @Wandering_Dog

are you guys trading at all, or just bought at some level and then just HODL until some decided level and sell?

It really does not matter how cheap anyone here has bought, it matters zero.

what matters is where you bought, sold, re-bought, sold, bought again and sold and so on. 

Is your stack up or down since you started?

Have you made profit in real money?

That is what matters, and that is not about price but where it goes next.

If you don’t have any XRP at the moment, when are buying yourselves back in? Why at that level?

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

On the contrary, there would be even more incentive to improve margins on services during a down-turn, and nothing beats xRapid in reducing cross-border payment overheads (thus minimizing costs and providing more buffer for profits).

A bank can't use xRapid once its insolvent and collapses, such as Lehman, or is taken over by the gov, such as RBS--the CB will likely open the CB ledger before agreeing to take over a bank which settles on a 3rd party non-national layer.

1 minute ago, P3T3RIS said:

what matters is where you bought, sold, re-bought, sold, bought again and sold and so on.

For those of us who bought once and stayed put, it matters a great deal.

3 minutes ago, P3T3RIS said:

@cuber @Wandering_Dog

are you guys trading at all, or just bought at some level and then just HODL until some decided level and sell?

Is your stack up or down since you started?

Have you made profit in real money?

That is what matters, and that is not about price but where it goes next.

If you don’t have any XRP at the moment, when are buying yourselves back in? Why at that level?

Bought 99% of my stack once and have held ever since. Safely tucked away on my Nano.

Sign in to follow this