xrp_india

Is it possible to re-enable the master-key

I have a XRP multi-sign wallet and the master-key is disabled.I tried to explore but do not see any way to re-enable the master-key again.Does XRPL support it ?Would be a great help if someone can share specific details on this.I am able to access my wallet trough multi-sign but wish to re-enable the master key as well.

Regards

19 minutes ago, xrp_india said:

I have a XRP multi-sign wallet and the master-key is disabled.I tried to explore but do not see any way to re-enable the master-key again.Does XRPL support it ?Would be a great help if someone can share specific details on this.I am able to access my wallet trough multi-sign but wish to re-enable the master key as well.

Regards

Nope, because to change the flag you need to use the master key only. And since the master key is disabled there is no way to change back that.

You can re-enable the masterkey if you can gather the required number of signers for multisigning. 

Assuming you are able to submit a multisign transaction with the required signing weight, you would then submit a accountset transaction with the clearflag field set to 4.

16 hours ago, Kakoyla said:

You can re-enable the masterkey if you can gather the required number of signers for multisigning. 

Assuming you are able to submit a multisign transaction with the required signing weight, you would then submit a accountset transaction with the clearflag field set to 4.

Did you test it, because the documentation says you can modify "asfDisableMaster" only with a transaction signed with the master key which is not the case here.

9 hours ago, tulo said:

Did you test it, because the documentation says you can modify "asfDisableMaster" only with a transaction signed with the master key which is not the case here.

Yep, by using either the regular key or multisig, both worked for me.  This was on testnet but i can't see why this wouldn't work on live XRPL as well.

Edited by Kakoyla

5 hours ago, xrp_india said:

Thank you very much Kakoyla !

In case you can share the example AccountSet JSON for the same it will be of great help.

Regards

{

"TransactionType": "AccountSet",

"Account" : "rABCDEF... ",

"Fee": "12",

"Sequence": 5,

"ClearFlag": 4, 

}

@mDuo13 I think there is some confusion in the documentation here: https://developers.ripple.com/accountset.html#accountset-flags where it says: "To enable the asfDisableMaster or asfNoFreeze flags, you must authorize the transaction by signing it with the master key. You cannot use a regular key or a multi-signature". Maybe you can add that disabling the flag is allowed with regular-key or multi-sig, unless there is a bug, or @Kakoyla did it before rippled 0.2.8.