Jump to content
EthanHunt

What is the longest you are willing to HODL?

Recommended Posts

Hodling at least 25% of my stack for 5-10 years is a no-brainer for me. The other 75% will be sold at pre-defined exit-points:

10% at $5,- (my Fiat investment in XRP)

10% at $20,-

10% at $50,-

10% at 95,-

10% at $150, and so on.

It all depends on what timeframe the above will happen of course. IMHO It's pretty stupid to wait for astronomic figures before selling some of your stack. In my above scheme, I will make nice moderate 6 figures gains, and still have left 25% of my stack for insane prices. Greed kills peoples positions. Remember: Your final coat won't have pockets:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WaltDangerfield said:

Selling is easier said than done. A friend of mine bought BTC a couple of years ago. At the peak, he could have sold out with a comfortable retirement in place. Instead, he cashed out about $1m and spent it. He put a big chunk of cash down as a deposit off plan on a penthouse in Bangkok amongst other things thinking he would be able to cash in the rest of his BTC later. 

Well, the developer now wants another $800k and he doesn't have it. He stands to lose his deposit and is considering going back to work!

Moral of the story is this - set your target for getting out and don't get too greedy. Don't be my mate. 

Moral of the story is this - don't trust a developer in BKK, dont buy off plan. Don't be your mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

Moral of the story is this - don't trust a developer in BKK, dont buy off plan. Don't be your mate. 

The first thing to do if you find a wad of money landing in your lap is to put it in ziplock and run to the nearest trusted financial

advisor.  So many lottery winners have come to grief when they find themselves suddenly 'rich'

Edited by Defcon_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sentiment is way high, no negative comments yet. Good to see!

Im not going anywhere till $50 xrp. no matter how long it takes. then I will borrow my own xrp from nexo or something and never really sell my xrp. so what xrp space Jesus said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WaltDangerfield said:

Selling is easier said than done. A friend of mine bought BTC a couple of years ago. At the peak, he could have sold out with a comfortable retirement in place. Instead, he cashed out about $1m and spent it. He put a big chunk of cash down as a deposit off plan on a penthouse in Bangkok amongst other things thinking he would be able to cash in the rest of his BTC later. 

Well, the developer now wants another $800k and he doesn't have it. He stands to lose his deposit and is considering going back to work!

Moral of the story is this - set your target for getting out and don't get too greedy. Don't be my mate. 

Buying off-plan and in Thailand - good luck (I live in Thailand).  Add to that - buying in Bangkok which means you're overpaying, but in these bubble real estate times, you're REALLY over-paying.  Now the developers wants another $800K.  Easy come, easy go.

Yes, greed made most people hold this year.  Fear shook my pockets out and I got relatively lucky.  When it comes to selling, have a rock solid plan and don't be too fearful or too greedy. Hopefully XRP will be kind to us so we can setup a nice cash out plan over multiple months as it hits higher and higher lows. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WaltDangerfield said:

Selling is easier said than done. A friend of mine bought BTC a couple of years ago. At the peak, he could have sold out with a comfortable retirement in place. Instead, he cashed out about $1m and spent it. He put a big chunk of cash down as a deposit off plan on a penthouse in Bangkok amongst other things thinking he would be able to cash in the rest of his BTC later. 

Well, the developer now wants another $800k and he doesn't have it. He stands to lose his deposit and is considering going back to work!

Moral of the story is this - set your target for getting out and don't get too greedy. Don't be my mate. 

Not being an idiot is always good advice. An idiot would not invest the majority of his/her profits into something that delivers a decent return, but spend it on expensive **** they don't need. But that's my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×