fiik

Ripple’s xRapid Client, FLEETCOR, About Buying Western Union Business Payments

https://todaysgazette.com/ripples-xrapid-client-fleetcor-about-buying-western-union-business-payments/

Ripple’s xRapid –Information reaching us states that Western Union and FLEETCOR are nearing an agreement to completely sell the WU’s business payments operations, PE Hub stated on Wednesday, November 15, 2018.

This is kind of interesting. I don't see how or why a big company like WU would sell off their payments operations. I guess we'll have to see if anything develops from this

Well You can also look at it this way.  If WU doesn't get with the program they would potentially loose a lot of money on this business segment, so they may be cutting their losses early so they don't take the hit in the bottom line later. I am sure the cost has been weighed in on what it would cost to bring that segment up to speed on what's coming vs if we just sell and shift focus elsewhere. Maybe this is a segment of their business they feel they can afford to part ways with.

It looks as if WU is only getting rid of their B2B division and not their huge network of consumer payment outlets. This makes sense to me as WU has developed so many of these consumer portals, which if I understand this correctly, do little to help them with their B2B operations. The B2B would be a big win for xrapid as I'd imagine that many of these payments are cross-border.

1 hour ago, Kpuff said:

I don't see how or why a big company like WU would sell off their payments operations

My guess is WU having seen Ripple's xRapid product potential, though unable to integrate into WU's existing infrastructure, probably decided to sell it while they are on top. WU figuring as time goes by their B2B cross border will not be able to compete. Hence sell for top dollars?

45 minutes ago, benstr said:

My guess is WU having seen Ripple's xRapid product potential, though unable to integrate into WU's existing infrastructure, probably decided to sell it while they are on top. WU figuring as time goes by their B2B cross border will not be able to compete. Hence sell for top dollars?

That could be a possibility I just feel like WU is too greedy to get rid of their current system. But hey I hope I'm wrong

20 hours ago, Kpuff said:

That could be a possibility I just feel like WU is too greedy to get rid of their current system. But hey I hope I'm wrong

If you're running a business and someone makes you an attractive offer for an asset of yours, and you says yes to the deal, that makes you greedy? No, that makes it a smart move that prevents your investors giving you a vote of no convenience and replacing you with someone else that can give them an ROI. 

19 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

If you're running a business and someone makes you an attractive offer for an asset of yours, and you says yes to the deal, that makes you greedy? No, that makes it a smart move that prevents your investors giving you a vote of no convenience and replacing you with someone else that can give them an ROI. 

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I'm saying that WU to me feels like the type of company to not give away their business model. Because the way they run their system it is extremely profitable to them. Unless they were given a damn good deal.

1 hour ago, Kpuff said:
2 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I'm saying that WU to me feels like the type of company to not give away their business model. Because the way they run their system it is extremely profitable to them. Unless they were given a damn good deal.

As WU appears unwilling or unable to implement xRapid and their competitors are implementing, it seems very wise for them to sell out to the competition while their business is still worth something IMO...

Edited by GiddyUp
clarity