Sign in to follow this  
buckor

XRP and ETH fight for second place a preview for a bigger battle

1 hour ago, buckor said:

In my latest article in@ModernConsensus I address the current battle between XRP and ETH for #2 on the market listings...but is that the real battle taking place?

Thank you for reading and sharing! I look forward to your comments!

https://modernconsensus.com/cryptocurrencies/ethereum/battle-ripple-xrp-ethereum-eth/

Another great read my friend!

While the Hatfields and McCoys are at each others throats the zerpers are off in their field tilling it fresh for the new year's planting.

Edited by Sorrovv

While the Hatfields and McCoys are at each others throats the zerpers are off in their field tilling it fresh for the new year's planting.

No kidding! The fight the last few days over the BCH fork has been quite a sight to see...I'm glad we can just keep on working!

Thank you!

Good discussion of fundamentals, but while it's fun to root for xrp, I highly doubt people are actively trading xrp or eth in an attempt to take the number 2 spot, so I think it might be a bit much to call it a battle.

Excellent analysis!  I truly believe the soft underbelly of the beast (Pow) has been exposed with the BCH spat.  Only a matter of time now.  Thanks for a great article.
Thank you! And yes, I agree!

Good discussion of fundamentals, but while it's fun to root for xrp, I highly doubt people are actively trading xrp or eth in an attempt to take the number 2 spot, so I think it might be a bit much to call it a battle.
I agree that I doubt people are trading XRP and ETH based on keeping or getting one or the other in that #2 spot. However, the markets are defining who they want to be in that spot, whether the trades are actively happening that way or not.

Thanks @buckor :D Top-notch analysis as always! I'm going to drop a synopsis here for posterity...

"This year has been defined by announcement after announcement for Ripple and the software products they are offering to institutions, payment providers, governments, and corporates. The announcement the markets were waiting for finally came at the SWELL Conference Ripple hosted in October: xRapid is now live and ready for enterprise use with features such as multi-hop built in that allow xRapid to converge with Ripple’s other software products, xVia and xCurrent."

"Additionally, others have been building use cases for XRP such as Omni, Coil, and a team of developers led by XRP Community member Wietse Wind who are opening the envelope of what can be accomplished using XRP. More exchanges offer XRP/fiat pairs or use XRP as their base trading asset against other digital assets than ever before. Codius, the tool used to write and execute smart contracts on the XRP Ledger (XRPL), has been placed into use with Codius hosts popping up around the globe. Ripple has decreased its influence over the recommended Unique Node List (UNL) to well below 50 percent, proving the XRPL is more decentralized than either of the BTC or ETH networks. Finally, Cobalt, a much anticipated update to the stability and reliability of the XRPL is on the horizon, potentially allowing transactions to settle on the XRPL in about one second versus the current three seconds."

"The real battle for the No. 2 spot is not between ETH and XRP. The real battle is actually the realization that real-use, utility, and strong fundamentals are what is necessary to bring validity to digital assets. Once the markets realize that fundamentals matter more than speculation, the real battle will be for No. 1."

(the quotes are from Buckor, bold emphasis is mine)

Edited by GiddyUp
bold

Thanks [mention=10253]buckor[/mention]  Top-notch analysis as always! I'm going to drop a synopsis here for posterity...
"This year has been defined by announcement after announcement for Ripple and the software products they are offering to institutions, payment providers, governments, and corporates. The announcement the markets were waiting for finally came at the SWELL Conference Ripple hosted in October: xRapid is now live and ready for enterprise use with features such as multi-hop built in that allow xRapid to converge with Ripple’s other software products, xVia and xCurrent."
"Additionally, others have been building use cases for XRP such as Omni, Coil, and a team of developers led by XRP Community member Wietse Wind who are opening the envelope of what can be accomplished using XRP. More exchanges offer XRP/fiat pairs or use XRP as their base trading asset against other digital assets than ever before. Codius, the tool used to write and execute smart contracts on the XRP Ledger (XRPL), has been placed into use with Codius hosts popping up around the globe. Ripple has decreased its influence over the recommended Unique Node List (UNL) to well below 50 percent, proving the XRPL is more decentralized than either of the BTC or ETH networks. Finally, Cobalt, a much anticipated update to the stability and reliability of the XRPL is on the horizon, potentially allowing transactions to settle on the XRPL in about one second versus the current three seconds."
"The real battle for the No. 2 spot is not between ETH and XRP. The real battle is actually the realization that real-use, utility, and strong fundamentals are what is necessary to bring validity to digital assets. Once the markets realize that fundamentals matter more than speculation, the real battle will be for No. 1."
(the quotes are from Buckor, bold emphasis is mine)
Thank you very much GiddyUp! I appreciate your encouragement!

And, you definitely hit the short version of the article! I am looking forward to the day when everyone else in the crypto universe sees exactly what we see with XRP...one day...and one day soon, I believe.

The gap between XRP and ETH is widening.  Now 1.3 billion.  Becoming No 2 and widening the lead will be a strong bullish signal for investors to trade in ETH and buy XRP, it could be the stimulus that starts a bull run.

I have noticed on Etoro forum there has been a rash of post from small time investors announcing they are selling there diversified portfolios and putting all the money into one crypto - XRP

Edited by Julian_Williams

Sign in to follow this