Sign in to follow this  
Jtadaly

CB's of Canada, Singapore, UK on digital SDR

At no point do they mention any cryptocurrency, but the conclusion is conspicuous by it's absence:  XRP. 

You can read through the whole thing as I did or skip ahead to Section 7: Conclusions and Next Steps where you will find this gem: "Finally, while this report has focused on change driven through revolution in the central payment infrastructures, further thinking could be done on how policy-makers and industry could work together on private sector innovation to address, in the shorter term, the challenges faced by users of cross-border payments identified in this report."

The previous section which sketches out the problems and how each proposal solves them is also interesting, but is really instructive in demonstrating how the best solution is a Universal Wholesale Central Bank Digital Currency or U-W-CBDC. 

When taken in context with Ms. Lagarde's comments to start the FinTech event in Singapore, the writing is on the wall that this will happen and happen sooner than I would have predictec before yesterday. 

http://www.mas.gov.sg/~/media/ProjectUbin/Cross Border Interbank Payments and Settlements.pdf

Edited by Jtadaly
link

A lot was clarified to me here as well as far as what role XRP could play with CBDC movement: 

I agree with this guy --->>

I think the world no longer likes the idea of any international currency coming from one country. [...]

Also if every central bank release their own CBDC, we are going back to the walled gardens again, the only difference is that we recreated the same problem digitally.

The world needs a reserve currency that is not affiliated to any country and has no jurisdiction so even if an economy collapses then other economies may still continue with little to no impact.

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/91f7qb/what_is_the_implication_of_cbdc_on_xrp/

Yes, we recreate the problem digitally; however, it's a much easier problem to deal with because of the security, speed and finality provided by blockchain tech.

Edited by enrique11

20 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

I agree with this guy --->>

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/91f7qb/what_is_the_implication_of_cbdc_on_xrp/

Yes, we recreate the problem digitally; however, it's a much easier problem to deal with because of the security, speed and finality provided by blockchain tech.

Likewise.  

There are valid concerns about the IMF and NWO, but this is a solution that has not existed before now in a way that it does today.