panmores

SWIFT adios? Or does the financial industry think Brad is overhyping?

9 minutes ago, Duke67 said:

SWIFT is NOT a powerful enemy.

I'm sorry but this is just naive. Swift is a cooperative run by THE BANKS. Yeah, you know... those guys that Ripple are trying to sell their products to? If that doesn't give them 'power' as an 'enemy' to Ripple, then I'm not sure what would.

1 minute ago, Naimless said:

I'm sorry but this is just naive. Swift is a cooperative run by THE BANKS. Yeah, you know... those guys that Ripple are trying to sell their products to? If that doesn't give them 'power' as an 'enemy' to Ripple, then I'm not sure what would.

I agree.....Swift is not going to take this lying down

28 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Sure its not. Thats why they introduce the swift gpi. And its going to be enough for majority of banks. Atleast the huge ones

57 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

If true this would be akin to the pump n dump scam of the 90s with OTC penny stocks where "pumpers" and "brokers" would flood any media feasible to increase the price while the company or insiders sold for a profit. Or message board pumpers in the early 2000's with those same penny and OTC stocks Pink sheet stocks again..... I'm not sure we want to make those assertions, right?

Agreed

6 minutes ago, Nohut said:

Sure its not. Thats why they introduce the swift gpi. And its going to be enough for majority of banks. Atleast the huge ones

SWIFT gpi competes with xCurrent... so what about the settlement side of things? This is the key for Ripple. If they can maintain their monopoly? on instant cross-border settlement then they should be able to make significant inroads to SWIFT's business. The longer things trundle along without much traction the more likely that some other competition enters the market with a similar, or better, product. Should that happen, Ripple are either going to have to improve their product to compete or fade away into obscurity.

31 minutes ago, Naimless said:

SWIFT gpi competes with xCurrent... so what about the settlement side of things? This is the key for Ripple. If they can maintain their monopoly? on instant cross-border settlement then they should be able to make significant inroads to SWIFT's business. The longer things trundle along without much traction the more likely that some other competition enters the market with a similar, or better, product. Should that happen, Ripple are either going to have to improve their product to compete or fade away into obscurity.

This is exactly why IBM is partnered with XLM/Stellar.  This is direct competition but fortunately for XRP Hodl'er they are at least 18 Months behind the curve.

Ripple (in my opinion) has the opportunity to take its place in the market by striking while the iron is HOT.  Then in 2 years Ripple will be the Amazon of this financial space and everyone else will not even be a close second. 

14 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

This is exactly why IBM is partnered with XLM/Stellar.  This is direct competition but fortunately for XRP Hodl'er they are at least 18 Months behind the curve.

Ripple (in my opinion) has the opportunity to take its place in the market by striking while the iron is HOT.  Then in 2 years Ripple will be the Amazon of this financial space and everyone else will not even be a close second. 

Iron is hot is a good analogy! 

1 hour ago, itcdominic said:

Like Brad said, Ripple is there to help the banks. It’s either that or die. Bitcoin Cash may look messy, it’s in the process to actually become scalable digital cash, accepted all over the globe, your phone is your wallet. Gigabyte blocks in two years. Banks won’t be needed anymore.

1 hour ago, itcdominic said:

I think Stellar IBM are a lot more than 18 months behind the curve - have they got anything up and running that is comparable with any of the following:

• Partners testing across banking, remittance and innovative FIs
  • Strategically placed Liquidity Providers in all five continents
  • Exchanges with Fiat-XRP pairings across all five continents
  • Ready to go networks in Asia, The Middle East, EU and US?
  • Longstanding development partnerships and API  integration with Bank software providers like Temenos
  • XCurrent and now Ripplenet
  • Cobalt scalability
  • Codius plug in Smart Contract tech
  • Coil innovative development factory
  • XPring private initiatives and a huge XRP community
  • Mojoloop netwoork parterted with Ms
  • XRapid
  • XVia
  • Regulatory Partnerships including 40 Central Banks

This list of things they have to do to catch up is exhaustive.  On top of this list are a shortage of Blockchain cryptographers.  Jed is also a very bad manager with a cloud over his head, and a long record of letting partners down and disorderly personal affairs (not the sort to organise the launching of a competitor to Ripple)

To do that in 18 months is fantasy?  Where will Ripple be in 18 months?

Edited by Julian_Williams

41 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

SWIFT has served the interests of the big banks against the interests of the small banks.  Many banks are fed up with taking SWIFT lying down and would gladly give the competition a chance. 

totally agree - and thats the reason why small-medium banks/FI's are more likely to go with ripple right now, and as they do, they'll grow bigger (exponentially) mid- long term and compete with those we call big at the moment - what leads to the real network effect ripple is aiming - and this, IMO, is how you get the old system down! Ripple's on track and, as you stated in another post, far ahead of its "competition" like IBM WW...

Edited by VanHasen

4 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Don't believe me...just research.....Comex, Miguel Vias, and 589  I did after studying the "cartoon"

Crypto is fundamentally about solving puzzles. If somebody WAS a high level insider in cryptography puzzles would make perfect sense as a way of communication.

But as you said, the cartoon is less important than where it leads. And it leads to lots and lots of overlooked public evidence that Ripple is going to succeed in a huge way. 

Theres a fine line between tinfoil and research, but with Ripple the tendrils grasp incredibly deeply into the world of finance.

23 hours ago, pumpndump said:

If true this would be akin to the pump n dump scam of the 90s with OTC penny stocks where "pumpers" and "brokers" would flood any media feasible to increase the price while the company or insiders sold for a profit. Or message board pumpers in the early 2000's with those same penny and OTC stocks Pink sheet stocks again..... I'm not sure we want to make those assertions, right?

This is what I keep telling people over and over again on this forum and Reddit. The same method of creating hype to pump a penny stock in the early 2000s on message boards (now called forums), is the same method (slightly tweaked) happening now. 

BG and the Riddler create hype so late market entrants cause price pressure to occur. Once that happens, these pumpers sale. They rinse and repeat as many times as they can over a period of time. 

There's a sucker born every minute.