2 hours ago, cmbartley said:

My understanding was that US customers have about 90 days to move their funds.

Yes, I read that too.  You can probably get around it by using VPN, but on the downside I've heard someone mention that if you jump around with too many IPs via VPN, you might get blocked from you're own exchange as a security measure, but the guy who mentioned this didn't mention any particular exchanges.

Anyway, I'm done with IOTA.  I don't want to discourage others from investing in it. You gotta go with what you believe in, but at least it's nice that we have this forum to try to make informed decisions. If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have found out about and invested in siacoin - found out about it on the zerpbox, back when you could actually post non-xrp related stuff there - and invested in it before the price blew up. lol...not that I took advantage of that and sold when the price peaked, but at least I first learned about it here.

Edited by enrique11

6 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Yes, I read that too.  You can probably get around it by using VPN, but on the downside I've heard someone mention that if you jump around with too many IPs via VPN, you might get blocked from you're own exchange as a security measure, but the guy who mentioned this didn't mention any particular exchanges.

Anyway, I'm done with IOTA.  I don't want to discourage others from investing in it. You gotta go with what you believe in, but at least it's nice that we have this forum to try to make informed decisions. If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have found out about and invested in siacoin - found out about it on the zerpbox, back when you could actually post non-xrp related stuff there - and invested in it before the price blew up. lol...not that I took advantage of that and sold when the price peaked, but at least I first learned about it here.

I'm hoping another exchange opens up so I can move my IOTA. I haven't looked into the IOTA wallets yet, bad me. The network was having issues for a while. 

13 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

I'm hoping another exchange opens up so I can move my IOTA. I haven't looked into the IOTA wallets yet, bad me. The network was having issues for a while. 

Cool...I didn't know you  had IOTA.  Yeah, I've been torn between investing or not in IOTA, but Waltoncoin just caught my fancy because it's targeting a different part of the world and is similar to IOTA, and Waltoncoin has great team from what I've heard. It might not perform that well because I believe it's a Chinese coin, but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I'm not saying IOTA is necessarily bad, it's just I feel like I missed the boat on that one in terms of leveraging my investment via their marketcap when it was small....Waltonchain, Waltoncoin, or Waltonchain coin, or Walton, or however the Hell it's reffered to the most still yields significant leverage potential because the coin is quite young and has yet to gain traction, if it ever does.

Edited by enrique11

I have small amounts of a lot of different tokens. I like to diversify. It is still experimental but the concept is excellent and they are working with established real world companies. A formula similar to Ripple but their tech is clearly much less mature. Ripple seems to be impressed with Iota this far as well from what I can gleam. No fee transactions are going to be necessary for certain use cases. Clever concept, but the devil is always in the implementation.

I believe its hard for them to offer IOTA because its on a totally different network all together I believe. So its hard to communicate between the tangle and blockchain. I believe ive heard this explanation for them not being in other exchanges before, dont quote me though.

14 hours ago, mvenneau said:

I believe its hard for them to offer IOTA because its on a totally different network all together I believe. So its hard to communicate between the tangle and blockchain. I believe ive heard this explanation for them not being in other exchanges before, dont quote me though.

Bitfinex implemented months ago. They aren't a bunch of rocket scientists. If everyone involved wanted to make it happen it wouldn't be that hard.

Applications of the flash channels do sound pretty cool. I think "Channels" was the right word to use as it has the vibe of currency transactions taking place like the flow of a two way river.

For anyone who's following IOTA closely - which I haven't - any idea how IOTA will store data generated by "smart things" on its network?   There will be an immense amount of data created. Will IOTA network handle this storage directly by building in storage functionality into its network or will that functionality be borrowed from an existing storage network, in a similar way that tokenization in many ICOs is provided by Ethereum's network?

Edited by enrique11

IOTA criticisms from an ether team guy.....

https://medium.com/@weka/why-i-find-iota-deeply-alarming-934f1908194b

Note the response from David Sonstebo:

This is not even deserving of a full response. 140 character medium suffices, those who want to see how pathetic and ridiculous this slanderous attempt by Nick is should just read the tweet: https://twitter.com/nicksdjohnson/status/912676954184323073

In short: Nick is afraid of IOTA.

https://medium.com/@DavidSonstebo/this-is-not-even-deserving-of-a-full-response-542e8e1ddcba

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the TYPICAL IOTA RESPONSE to concerns others raise. They attack and claim slander, FUD, etc.

I would seriously run, not walk from IOTA as a long term investment.

Edited by Nedkt