vrippled

XRP Surpasses ETH on CMC

14 hours ago, Kpuff said:

Update guys check this out. Payment volume is going nuts. I highlighted bitstamp volume just to show progress but holy crap things just got crazy. 

Screenshot_20181116-052812.thumb.png.36d4a8725811e50b5ce68dc2aa1e66ef.png

Others have been investigating this event.  Obviously needs a thread so I posted this news story in the Press section

https://ambcrypto.com/xrp-ledger-transaction-volume-surpasses-total-trading-volume-are-the-gears-of-ripples-xrapids-liquidity-pool-moving/

The payments volume will be distorted by the Ripple Works movements.  Wouldn't read much into it as yet unless it was a sustained thing.

Dont forget that Xrapid usage will have two exchange trans for every ledger payment.  That's the real thing to watch for.

18 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

The payments volume will be distorted by the Ripple Works movements.  Wouldn't read much into it as yet unless it was a sustained thing.

Dont forget that Xrapid usage will have two exchange trans for every ledger payment.  That's the real thing to watch for.

That's good to know. I realized the high payment volume was due to the movement of wallets yesterday. And there were multiple hundred plus million dollar transfers yesterday. So that explains that

XRP is now a billion in front of ETH and is looking secure in its No 2 position.  I imagine a gap that visibly widens will become a magnate for investors wanting to protect their crypto assets in a bear market.  If XRP goes up when ETH is going down that would attract even more investment out of the other crypto (any crypto that cannot demonstrate real world utility must be destined for extinction, and that is most crypto)

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

XRP is now a billion in front of ETH and is looking secure in its No 2 position.  I imagine a gap that visibly widens will become a magnate for investors wanting to protect their crypto assets in a bear market.  If XRP goes up when ETH is going down that would attract even more investment out of the other crypto (any crypto that cannot demonstrate real world utility must be destined for extinction, and that is most crypto)

Totally agree! And the difference is getting bigger💪

1 hour ago, Nihilist said:

Totally agree! And the difference is getting bigger💪

On the EToro forum there have been a small flurry of posts from investors saying that they have sold all their other coins and converted all their stock into XRP.  It makes perfect sense to do this, and the more it happens the more it makes sense.  (The posts might be the first ripples of an incoming tidal wave (well I can dream))

15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

On the EToro forum there have been a small flurry of posts from investors saying that they have sold all their other coins and converted all their stock into XRP.  It makes perfect sense to do this, and the more it happens the more it makes sense.  (The posts might be the first ripples of an incoming tidal wave (well I can dream))

13yuj8.jpg