Really

BTC drags XRP down again. Time for XRP to stand alone.

9 hours ago, Artoflife said:

Second, the sooner you learn that XRP is not intended to rise via consumer usage, the better off you will be. This is a bridge asset meant to target financial institutions. If Ripple were not targeting banks, I'd agree with you but honestly, it doesn't matter if the crypto public invest or not, it will be the throughout of payments via banks that matters.

Third, I hope you're not suggesting that SWIFT will try to develop a competitive product to Ripple's lol that opportunity has gone with the wind. Ripple have the top talent, years of work, and partnerships behind them. SWIFT has 2 options, die a slow death or work together with them.

Sorry, but incorrect. XRP isn’t just intended to be a bridge asset for financial institutions. 

Rather, that is where Ripple decided that was the best direction to take their company. It had the lowest barrier to entry, because they needed convince a lot less people of its effectiveness. 

XRP can be dozens (hundreds) of other things. In fact, if Ripple only cared about cross border payments by financial institutions, I would not be even 1/10th as interested as I am now. 

Secondly, I do not believe you understand what SWIFT actually is. Any company can choose to use the two of them  (SWIfT and XRP) in concert if they like. I would hazard to say that they are barely competitors and that Ripple and XRP don’t need anything from SWIFT to continue to grow exponentially. 

3 hours ago, TrueXRP said:

Just look at the charts from the last bull run. November 8-12th BTC dropped $1500 but then followed with the rise to $20k. It's all just market manipulation. Maybe we'll see a large rise after this dip that we're having. 

Last year was last year - absolutely zero relevance to the set of conditions now.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:24 AM, TrueXRP said:

Just look at the charts from the last bull run. November 8-12th BTC dropped $1500 but then followed with the rise to $20k. It's all just market manipulation. Maybe we'll see a large rise after this dip that we're having. 

I think this is exactly what is happening.  If you look at miners they have been adding  - actually quadrupling hashing power since December.  Everyone is mining at a loss.  They aren't doing this because they expect the price to stay down.  Remember they always take it lower than you think it will go and higher than you think it will go. 

20 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

I think this is exactly what is happening.  If you look at miners they have been adding  - actually quadrupling hashing power since December.  Everyone is mining at a loss.  They aren't doing this because they expect the price to stay down.  Remember they always take it lower than you think it will go and higher than you think it will go. 

With the Risk of looking a$$ a 100% Fool. I bought BCH the other day. Betting on a steep raise, when this ABC/SV Crap is done an dusted. So far I lost :lol:

@zenkert Do you hold your own private keys or you hold your BCH on an exchange.  Actually that's something about the whole space that needs to get sorted before we have mainstream adoption.  Apps need to be more robust on the back end so that you can get and store your private keys without needing to spend too much time learning about such things. 

44 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@zenkert Do you hold your own private keys or you hold your BCH on an exchange.  Actually that's something about the whole space that needs to get sorted before we have mainstream adoption.  Apps need to be more robust on the back end so that you can get and store your private keys without needing to spend too much time learning about such things. 

I have been on BCH before, with Gains. I do most of my trading at Bitstamp - the Big Five. Never held them anywhere expect there. Sold and bought more XRP, there and moved into my Zerp Wallet. So my BCH are there, and locked.
My XRP and CSC are all in Wallets. All of them. Regarding the BCH ABC/SV - my simple thought is that it is not at all reletaded to BCH. It is BTC related. BCH, the original Fork was to create a better version of BTC. One can talk about this forever. I just took a gamble on BCH and if I mined, I would have supported ABC, cause that is development. Just trying to make a Buck to be honest :D But so far no-no-nooo :beach:

Edited by zenkert