Really

BTC drags XRP down again. Time for XRP to stand alone.

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

Yep, the silver lining is developing.  A little bit of institutional buying now could see XRP shoot off on its own trajectory.  Fingers crossed

I've been tracking the eth/xrp and btc/xrp all day and it's higher than it's been in the last few days. So yeah xrp outperforming and current #2

Just now, Kpuff said:

I've been tracking the eth/xrp and btc/xrp all day and it's higher than it's been in the last few days. So yeah xrp outperforming and current #2

This could be a dream scenario - if XRP can push up out of the mess it could gather momentum and free itself from the bear market that everything else is being pulled down by.

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

This could be a dream scenario - if XRP can push up out of the mess it could gather momentum and free itself from the bear market that everything else is being pulled down by.

Yep now they are both flip flopping I hope to see xrp take it back and run with it. It would truly be amazing to watch

36 minutes ago, Riseup said:

Dude, he is helping people MAKE money, just read what some people are saying they are happy when xrp price drops. woooho

(not you pg1, but some other poeple who are happy on xrp droping)...thats insane thinking

I'm definitely not in the 'happy when xrp drops' camp.  If the market implodes and goes to zero then a DCA strategy just increased your loses.  There are no guarantees but hopefully BCH fork ultimately kicks the soapbox out from under C. Wright and all boats (with solid fundamentals) can rise in a healthy market.

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

As I posted in another thread as well, the hash war that causes tje current uncertainty will put many to think and realize that POW is not the way forward. It will have institutional investors to think twice where to put their bets on. It l's all part of decoupling XRP from the rest. Let this stormy sea do some rinseing, it's about time.

29 minutes ago, Amigo said:

As I posted in another thread as well, the hash war that causes tje current uncertainty will put many to think and realize that POW is not the way forward. It will have institutional investors to think twice where to put their bets on. It l's all part of decoupling XRP from the rest. Let this stormy sea do some rinseing, it's about time.

Probably, institutional investors want to have the upper hand regarding swings ... they need to know : "what will happen if ... " and "where to put my money when ... " 
They need to be able to see that storm appearing at the horizon. This volatility might be caused by this BCH hashing 'war'  is just another indication that more storms are about to come.

Some storm chasers are probably out there trying to ride big waves ... interesting for sure. 
But to me it's another big red sign that negative sentiment has the upper hand in the crypto market.
Forking ain't a good thing regarding sentiment / public opinion, it still proofs its very 'immature' and is backed by a lot of inexperienced people who cannot and will not be held accountable for what they do. A big issue.

10 minutes ago, jesperrekuh said:

Probably, institutional investors want to have the upper hand regarding swings ... they need to know : "what will happen if ... " and "where to put my money when ... " 
They need to be able to see that storm appearing at the horizon. This volatility might be caused by this BCH hashing 'war'  is just another indication that more storms are about to come.

Some storm chasers are probably out there trying to ride big waves ... interesting for sure. 
But to me it's another big red sign that negative sentiment has the upper hand in the crypto market.
Forking ain't a good thing regarding sentiment / public opinion, it still proofs its very 'immature' and is backed by a lot of inexperienced people who cannot and will not be held accountable for what they do. A big issue.

I dont think institutions give a damn about holding crypto.  

As far as sentiment volume is atrocious, bots run the show, interest is down, and new buy and hold investors seem scarce.

3 hours ago, Artoflife said:

Where to begin with a reply to you...lol first please string a sentence together with proper English...

Second, the sooner you learn that XRP is not intended to rise via consumer usage, the better off you will be. This is a bridge asset meant to target financial institutions. If Ripple were not targeting banks, I'd agree with you but honestly, it doesn't matter if the crypto public invest or not, it will be the throughout of payments via banks that matters.

Third, I hope you're not suggesting that SWIFT will try to develop a competitive product to Ripple's lol that opportunity has gone with the wind. Ripple have the top talent, years of work, and partnerships behind them. SWIFT has 2 options, die a slow death or work together with them.

Finally, a price drop is a good opportunity because this is a long-term play. Do you realize how insane $0.45 will seem in a few years time?

Not trying to be a **** but don't come out swinging for the fences with comments like that.

"Rise up" does have a point, although I don't agree with everything he said! We as XRP investors should not be delusional to think that we have forever to create traction or that we are invincible ! We have a great technology but SWIFT has 11000 banks and to a certain extent ,  the backing of the current US government who likes to use them and impose sanction's! As we know adoption of XRP in the US has been impeded by regulatory uncertainty so we need that clarity ASAP! the winner of this race will depend on how soon/fast Ripple creates momentum and gets real adoption versus how soon SWIFT can develop it's own technology that rivals that of Ripple! please don't put your guards down and think this is already an easy  WIN by Ripple! 

This crash isn’t surprising. Whales need Black Friday cash money too. It can take several days to cash out and have the money deposited in your account. This was done out of an abundance of caution- get it done so you don’t have to worry about it. Plus, some businesses start holiday sales super early. 

:JC_thinking:

Edited by Deeznutz
Sp.

2 hours ago, Deeznutz said:

This crash isn’t surprising. Whales need Black Friday cash money too. It can take several days to cash out and have the money deposited in your account. This was done out of an abundance of caution- get it done so you don’t have to worry about it. Plus, some businesses start holiday sales super early. 

:scratch_one-s_head:

Thought they still had all that money from wall street bonuses and Chinese New Year. 

edit: oh don't forget the tax refunds

Edited by hgdeathstroke