dontsellmeadog

This is what happens by EOY...

1 hour ago, EthanHunt said:

I completely agree that speculation, including institutional speculation, will drive the price ahead of the utility. My only concern is that it will be followed by a significant correction again somewhat back to reality. I got in as a long term investment, but it’s painful to watch it hit the highs and follow it all the way down again.

Yes, well said.  Somehow crypto investors began to convince themselves that they were entitled to insane returns. As this bear market continues, perhaps that might be tempered a bit.

15 minutes ago, Blubber said:

Somehow crypto investors began to convince themselves that they were entitled to insane returns.

Because of the bubble and certain people generating hype. A lot of people seem to think we're going to get another bull run this holiday period "cause that's what happened last year". Nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Naimless said:

Because of the bubble and certain people generating hype. A lot of people seem to think we're going to get another bull run this holiday period "cause that's what happened last year". Nonsense.

Of course it is nonsense.  Try to convince the fanboys of that.

4 hours ago, Blubber said:
5 hours ago, EthanHunt said:

I completely agree that speculation, including institutional speculation, will drive the price ahead of the utility. My only concern is that it will be followed by a significant correction again somewhat back to reality. I got in as a long term investment, but it’s painful to watch it hit the highs and follow it all the way down again.

Yes, well said.  Somehow crypto investors began to convince themselves that they were entitled to insane returns. As this bear market continues, perhaps that might be tempered a bit.

There certainly are a lot of over-the-top predictions for sure - myself, I'm happy that XRP has more than doubled in price for the majority of my investment. And I think there's a possibility of somewhat "insane" returns, or I wouldn't be allocating any capital towards this risky market. This possibility is what intrigues me and most of the rest of us too, I believe ;) 

5 hours ago, Blubber said:

4 hours ago, Blubber said:

Of course it is nonsense.  Try to convince the fanboys of that.

You do this often in real life too? 

Generalising and attributing certain caracteristics to groups of people?  

Fanboys, crypto investors, blacks, whites, reds, women, men, cyclists, golden members, people wearing raincoats? 

You know what we call that,  don’t you? 

The bubble we just experienced was with people like me and all of you and a few whales.  Hardly an over the top bubble.  The real bubble is to come with this new market and real wealth entering the market.  I have no idea about EOY predictions, but looking into the distance the last bubble of Dec 2017 will no doubt be dwarfed.  It may look different, it may grow over a longer period of time.  How long that takes depends upon how money flows into the crypto market- which depends upon the bottoming out of the global economy.  We're on our way, but hardly in "uncertain" times in my view.  Feels like in 'early times' regards this larger upcoming market/bubble to be.

What I am interested to see is if there are any pumpy speculative spikes in between now and when the new larger market takes hold.  There might be, might not be.  Wish I had a crystal ball. I'm sure we all do!

On 11/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, dontsellmeadog said:

Nothing, we remain under $1.  By EOY 2019 - $2 at best.  By EOY 2022 - $5 at best.  Go ahead, save this thread, mark my words. If that timeline doesn't work for your investment plan, move along. 

I have to say this is probably more likely than those predictions of $50+ . I'm somewhere in between myself.

On 11/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, dontsellmeadog said:

Nothing, we remain under $1.  By EOY 2019 - $2 at best.  By EOY 2022 - $5 at best.  Go ahead, save this thread, mark my words. If that timeline doesn't work for your investment plan, move along. 

Yes....in a span of 4 years XRP will have surpassed it's speculatively driven ATH by $1.09...at best. FFS....are you friggin kidding me..? I don't subscribe to the lofty numbers thrown around here but I do know some good old fashion trolling when I see it.

8 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You do this often in real life too? 

Generalising and attributing certain caracteristics to groups of people?  

Fanboys, crypto investors, blacks, whites, reds, women, men, cyclists, golden members, people wearing raincoats? 

You know what we call that,  don’t you? 

Holy ****, did you just go there? Yeah, I think you just went their. Applying any descriptor/modifier to one group's observable view(s) on something in the cryptosphere leads to racism, sexism, ______ism in your world. I'm speechless. I don't even... 

13 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Is there any way you might consider climbing down from you high horse and cease bagging anyone with a different gut feeling than yours?  Can you ever consider speaking not as the one and only source of truth?

Do you ever lament the time and effort you spend here ensuring that everyone sounds like a dial-tone?