dontsellmeadog

This is what happens by EOY...

23 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Not happening ($50)

What will? You seem to have read the synopsis of this thriller. Hope it stays PG-13

Do you mean like never, or not before upcoming thuesday?

Edited by Caracappa

On 11/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, Caracappa said:

What will? You seem to have read the synopsis of this thriller. Hope it stays PG-13

Do you mean like never, or not before upcoming thuesday?

Anytime in the next couple of years as the crypto market has its first ever year over year decline

**proven wrong by Ripple thanks for the info**

Edited by pumpndump

26 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Not happening ($50)

hmm.. it will. Not within the next 3 years but it will.

Guess, that if everything works out for Ripple, then we could also see $100. But I doubt that XRP will be worth more than $100 in a span of 5-8 years.

3 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Anytime in the next couple of years as the crypto market has its first ever year over year decline.

The more reason I do hope actual utility comes into play within those couple of years (months please?!). Let the speculative polution coins crash, let the used once flourish in comparison.

9 minutes ago, xSODAx said:

hmm.. it will. Not within the next 3 years but it will.

Guess, that if everything works out for Ripple, then we could also see $100. But I doubt that XRP will be worth more than $100 in a span of 5-8 years.

Maybe .....but there should be signs and growth way before then obviously.

20 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@dontsellmeadog  Why is it that people see these steady rises over years of time?  If you have spent even a little time in crypto you realize that nothing is linear about it.  We have violent upswings and violent down swings. It is much more likely that this will either appreciate dramatically or it will fail completely.   The window is closing on XRP's  model.  It will either be adopted or another technology will fill the role.  Either way I doubt we have to wait years to find out. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  XRP is binary. Either it works or it doesn't. It's not going to "sort of" work and rise like a stock in the stock market over a vast span of time.  It will yield a result in the market sooner than many think.  And the market will know this far before it's intended use case is realized, which in 5 years could be massive.  The market won't take that long to value it, and make money off of it.  That's the benefit of being in early.  By the time it is seen as having value those in it will have already made their return on investment.  Others that get in once it's a "sure" thing will only make incremental gains, just like in the stock market. 

2 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Maybe .....but there should be signs and growth way before then obviously.

I agree to 100%. We need more reliable indicators (results) than pride headlines like "...we are taking SWIFT over."

28 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  XRP is binary. Either it works or it doesn't. It's not going to "sort of" work and rise like a stock in the stock market over a vast span of time.  It will yield a result in the market sooner than many think.  And the market will know this far before it's intended use case is realized, which in 5 years could be massive.  The market won't take that long to value it, and make money off of it.  That's the benefit of being in early.  By the time it is seen as having value those in it will have already made their return on investment.  Others that get in once it's a "sure" thing will only make incremental gains, just like in the stock market. 

I'm not so sure ...........value what exactly? Ripple is already making 10's if not 100's of millions yet XRP falters. Why is that? 

We can talk IOV, xRapid, tipBot, etc, but what is the true incentive of holding XRP? Even the institutional sales 198MM in 3 months is play money compared to last years interest and volume by prebubble retail investors.

So, now we wait, the market (crypto) has its first year over year market cap decline since inception! That is fundamentally huge and proves yet again last year was a bubble. 

For all of what XRP could be posts what if the value of the whole market is still overvalued? Is XRP worth 20 Billion, is BTC worth 100 Bilion, etc? 

Ripple can do well and XRP still flip flop around like fish out of water (though I believe it will rise too), but as many new threads have shown the competition is coming the window that is dominance is slowly closing.

All kinds of could be, should be, and want to be posts.........we need to see progress .50, 60, 70, 80, 90 sustained with the according volume to support those prices and currently the market seems completely uninterested in fulfilling those dreams.

Even now as the market gets stripped of 26 billion in market cap where are the buyers? Volume is low and interest is mediocre.

Slow road!

Edited by pumpndump

On 11/13/2018 at 11:21 PM, JordanC said:

So do you believe in xrp or not? Because If you do, why so pessimistic? And if not, why are you here?

Why are you posting this? Do you think people respect you for trying to have a post where you can then say "hate to say I told you so" if you were right by EOY? It seems very immature to post something like this where you try to say you will be right.

Why should his 2 dollars next year be pessimistic? That is an insane return if you buy now. 

Just because he does not predict 5k like some actual insane people does not mean its pessimistic.

12 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

I'm not so sure ...........value what exactly? Ripple is already making 10's if not 100's of millions yet XRP falters. Why is that? 

We can talk IOV, xRapid, tipBot, etc, but what is the true incentive of holding XRP? Even the institutional sales 198MM in 3 months is play money compared to last years interest and volume by prebubble retail investors.

So, now we wait, the market (crypto) has its first year over year market cap decline since inception! That is fundamentally huge and proves yet again last year was a bubble. 

For all of what XRP could be posts what if the value of the whole market is still be overvalued? Is XRP worth 20 Billion, is BTC worth 100 Bilion, etc? 

Ripple can do well and XRP still flip flop around like fish out of water (though I believe it will rise too), but as many new threads have shown the competition is coming the window that is dominance is slowly closing.

All kinds of could be, should be, and want to be posts.........we need to see progress .50, 60, 70, 80, 90 sustained with the according volume to support those prices and currently the market seems completely uninterested in fulfilling those dreams.

Even now as the market gets stripped of 26 billion in market cap where are the buyers? Volume is low and interest is mediocre.

Slow road!

Place a speculative value on XRP- far before it reaches that value from utility.  The speculative value may not be spot on with the utility value down the road, but the market will value what it thinks XRP will be worth down the road before it actually gets to that value from utility. 

I don't disagree with you in that the IoV is a slow road.  And that Ripple the company is a work in progress as is XRP.  That much is clear. I am saying the market will value XRP far before the "final proof" of XRP is realized.  And this is not to say that XRP won't be going up over time, but the gains to be made for early adopters will come earlier than the proof of XRP from it's day to day utility.  Otherwise we could all just hop into the market 5 years from now and make as much yield as today.  But it will be too late by then. The market will price in future value, in other words (once this new version of the market is up and running)- new version meaning this market which has been institutionalized with the largest of speculators, not just us on xrpchat, et al.

And this doesn't mean XRP will be $50 next year. All it means is that the market will be ahead of the utility. 

Edited by xrphilosophy

8 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Place a speculative value on XRP- far before it reaches that value from utility.  The speculative value may not be spot on with the utility value down the road, but the market will value what it thinks XRP will be worth down the road before it actually gets to that value from utility. 

I don't disagree with you in that the IoV is a slow road.  And that Ripple the company is a work in progress as is XRP.  That much is clear. I am saying the market will value XRP far before the "final proof" of XRP is realized.  And this is not to say that XRP won't be going up over time, but the gains to be made for early adopters will come earlier than the proof of XRP from it's day to day utility.  Otherwise we could all just hop into the market 5 years from now and make as much yield as today.  But it will be too late by then. The market will price in future value, in other words (once this new version of the market is up and running)- new version meaning this market which has been institutionalied with the largest of speculators, not just us on xrpchat, et al.

I agree with that.

32 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

I don't disagree with you in that the IoV is a slow road.  And that Ripple the company is a work in progress as is XRP.  That much is clear. I am saying the market will value XRP far before the "final proof" of XRP is realized.  And this is not to say that XRP won't be going up over time, but the gains to be made for early adopters will come earlier than the proof of XRP from it's day to day utility.  Otherwise we could all just hop into the market 5 years from now and make as much yield as today.  But it will be too late by then. The market will price in future value, in other words (once this new version of the market is up and running)- new version meaning this market which has been institutionalized with the largest of speculators, not just us on xrpchat, et al.

And this doesn't mean XRP will be $50 next year. All it means is that the market will be ahead of the utility. 

I completely agree that speculation, including institutional speculation, will drive the price ahead of the utility. My only concern is that it will be followed by a significant correction again somewhat back to reality. I got in as a long term investment, but it’s painful to watch it hit the highs and follow it all the way down again.

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

Why should his 2 dollars next year be pessimistic? That is an insane return if you buy now. 

Just because he does not predict 5k like some actual insane people does not mean its pessimistic.

$2 at best is what he said. It's already been $3.80 before. Bull runs in crypto tend to be exponential, there is no way the next bull run would take us to anything less than $5-10. It's pessimistic because XRP is already insanely undervalued. 

Also think about where you are and be more relative. Jumping from $0.50 to $2.00 in the crypto space is not an "insane return" that's actually a low return IMO for the crypto space. 

Also did I say I predict 5K? No, but theres a huge difference between $1, $2 or $5, and $5,000. 

Anyway each to their own, i'm more bored of people's attitude here, sure you can be ridiculous and predict $589 eoy, and those people are delusional, but being too negative is also not helpful or constructive