Sign in to follow this  
ZeeperCreeper

Combined Class-Action Lawsuit Against Ripple Moves to Federal Court

48 minutes ago, lucky said:

In case of a refund / termination of the sales, should then the XRP that was bought, be returned to Ripple?

I would think so.

If indeed so, does the “damage” automatically disappear when XRP hits the price for which they bought plus interest?

The SEC is coming with clear guidelines, and for all the reasons we all know, XRP will not match the criteria of an ICO, nor a security. The SEC will not stifle innovation, destroy US leadership in fintech, and favor Chinese companies. If bitcoin whales are trying to bribe the government to do otherwise, it should be noted that bitcoin transactions are recorded forever and are closely monitored by all intelligence services in the world, including the CIA.

If CIA decides that Chinese coin has to rule them all, than all affairs be classified and disclosed in 50 years, when noone will care.

On subject, I read somewhere that courts should decide if XRP is security or not, not SEC, as it has no power to do so, what am I missing?

14 minutes ago, xrpdamian said:

On subject, I read somewhere that courts should decide if XRP is security or not, not SEC, as it has no power to do so, what am I missing?

I think clear guidelines from SEC, including a classification of XRP (as a pure digital asset, to be used in automated global trade), will matter a lot.

Edited by lucky

This is a tangent but my question is why isn't Stellar getting lawsuits claiming that xlm is a security? 

You can view the State Of Delaware entity information here: https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/EntitySearch/NameSearch.aspx

You can search under the name "STELLAR DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION", or under their entity ID "5507594". Only limited information is provided without paying a processing fee.

The available information does indicate that they are registered as an "exempt" corporation, which aligns with the claim of being a non-profit organization. Please note that 501(c)(3) status is not required to be a "non-profit", but only to obtain special tax treatment, like tax deductability of donations by donors. The registration of the corporation is done on the state level (Delaware), while 501(c)(3) status is done at the federal level (IRS).

I personally believe that this is all very meticulously planned or orchestrated at the highest level.  This will be settled at precisely the right time and announcement about partnerships will be in harmony with these decisions.  Then nothing will slow XRP down.  DYOR - I did, and cannot see anything that has me questioning my XRP HODL strategy.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:02 PM, kenrino said:

also they can ask to go back to superior court, not something ripple want

Edited by matteo

Sign in to follow this