XRPMaN1

XRP - Price Increase - How?

What does everyone think about how Ripple will increase the price of XRP?

Ripple obvi knows how they will increase the price.  This is the first thing they thought of when they came to the table 5 years ago and they obvi arent going to tell us.

Right now we know xrp is bring use for remittance and thats about it.  Isnt enough liquidity to be used other wise.

I belive SBI will buy out the order book cause price to increase and then sell OTC the cheap XRP they picked up during the buyout.

Its a win win for SBI they get cheap XRP and then sell them OTC as the new currenet values

Lets be honest price isnt going to increase just by remittance and big banks can not and will not use xrp when its valued so low.

Edited by Pablo
Removed unnecessary breaks

There are many ways to increase price.

1. Retail and Institutional investors buying thru exchanges

2. High volume flowing through xrapid and or xrp(not proven yet)

3. As it is used in real world use. There will be alot of competition in the market making business which will drive demand.

4. Institutions buy and hold xrp for remittances (Holy Grail)

5. Xrp being used outside of ripple the company

6. Hype/speculation

There's more that I can't think of atm. But that's my list

15 minutes ago, XRPMaN1 said:

Ripple obvi knows how they will increase the price.  This is the first thing they thought of when they came to the table 5 years ago and they obvi arent going to tell us.

Right now we know xrp is bring use for remittance and thats about it.  Isnt enough liquidity to be used other wise.

I belive SBI will buy out the order book cause price to increase and then sell OTC the cheap XRP they picked up during the buyout.

Its a win win for SBI they get cheap XRP and then sell them OTC as the new currenet values

Lets be honest price isnt going to increase just by remittance and big banks can not and will not use xrp when its valued so low.

1. If you want to be taken seriously by members here, I would refrain from using the term "obvi".  

2. You are correct that liquidity currently only supports low value, high frequency payments (i.e. remittances).  However, liquidity and infrastructure is being built as we speak.   Volume will take time to develop.

3. Novel use cases are being developed almost daily, which drive interest and demand for XRP (see Coil, Codius, XRPTipBot, etc.)

4. The rest of your post is baseless, incoherent speculation

13 minutes ago, Kpuff said:

There are many ways to increase price.

1. Retail and Institutional investors buying thru exchanges

2. High volume flowing through xrapid and or xrp(not proven yet)

3. As it is used in real world use. There will be alot of competition in the market making business which will drive demand.

4. Institutions buy and hold xrp for remittances (Holy Grail)

5. Xrp being used outside of ripple the company

6. Hype/speculation

There's more that I can't think of atm. But that's my list

6. Hype/speculation brings us up and then back down like we seen last year  Prices will not hold.

5.  XRP can only be used in small payments at the moment

4.  Intuitions are buying and holding but OTC which is not affecting the price

3.  Coil and Xspring will take years to bring the price where we need it.  I think the real reason for Coin and Xspring were to further the talks away from XRP being a security

2.  As you said not proven this would effect price

1.  The institutions are buying OTC and wall Street

To get a higher stable price you need to 'take out' the sell orders in the orderbook. After that you place very high buy and sell walls on either side of the new price so the price is 'in control' within a small margin. The financial institutions who will be able to do this are very powerful. Do not underestimate what they are capable off. As a result I expect to see serious upward price movement from friday until sunday.

Next week monday all major software updates will have been done (they are scheduled for this weekend). So on monday more liquidity is needed for the system to work.

What do you do to get more liquidity in a market which is still 'illiquid' and warming up? Yes indeed, you need a higher price. And that is what I beleive is logical to happen on friday, saturday or sunday. The higher XRP price will be the ‘oil’ for XRapid to work. Very interesting times indeed.

Edited by cryptoxrp

9 minutes ago, XRPMaN1 said:

6. Hype/speculation brings us up and then back down like we seen last year  Prices will not hold.

5.  XRP can only be used in small payments at the moment

4.  Intuitions are buying and holding but OTC which is not affecting the price

3.  Coil and Xspring will take years to bring the price where we need it.  I think the real reason for Coin and Xspring were to further the talks away from XRP being a security

2.  As you said not proven this would effect price

1.  The institutions are buying OTC and wall Street

I forgot one

7. Cool your jets

1 minute ago, cryptoxrp said:

To get a higher stable price you need to 'take out' the sell orders in the orderbook. After that you place very high buy and sell walls on either side of the new price so the price is 'in control' within a small margin. The financial institutions who will be able to do this are very powerful. Do not underestimate what they are capable off. As a result I expect to see serious upward price movement from friday until sunday.

Next week monday all major software updates will have been done (they are scheduled for this weekend). So on monday more liquidity is needed for the system to work.

So what do you do to get more liquidity in a market which is still 'illiquid' and warming up. Yes indeed, you need a higher price. And that is what I beleive is logical to happen on friday, saturday or sunday. Very interesting times indeed.

I agree with you 100%

Not sure why nobody else thinks that this is going to happen nor needs to happen.  The current system will never get to where it has to be for the larger payments to go through.

Sell orders will be taken out.  I believe SBI will do this, as they are going live for OTC in December.  Its a win win

They buy XRP low by taking out the order books then when they sell OTC they make even more money

What are your thoughts? Do you think SBI will be doing this?

33 minutes ago, XRPMaN1 said:

What are your thoughts? Do you think SBI will be doing this?

Difficult to say but this short video gives some clues and links to underlying documentation. 

3 hours ago, XRPMaN1 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remittance says over 250 billion USD equivalent was transferred as remittances in 2017. Yes this is less than the trillions transferred between central banks. If you think, however that 10% of 250 billion USD won't move XRP's price then you're not paying attention. 

Ripple's strategy IMHO is to capture this smaller 25 billion market to undercut the SWIFT/CentralBank current transfer rate with something that does the same thing at lower cost to both the remittance providers and their customers. From 10% it will only go up.

Once profits from central banks nosedive from competition from xRapid small fish remittance providers, those big fish will have no choice but to join the xRapid party and see how long they can hold off on lowering fees for their customers in a classic race to the bottom where everyone will eventually end up, at the competitive price of full xRapid adoption.

Customers win from lower prices, companies (like banks) win on volume. Thinking that XRP price won't go up in this scenario is just plain dumb.

3 hours ago, XRPMaN1 said:

This:

1 minute ago, n2it said:

Shortsighted on your part. Crawl, walk, run...

In theory, yes. But today's high is 0.53; it's now trading at 0.51. It's not the start of a bull run. It's ZBG and ZB.com exchanges pumping the market with over $230MM in trade volume