namini

Banned from /r/ripple on reddit

1 hour ago, namini said:

Hi,

I was banned (permaban) from https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/ by "nvok" moderator. My account was some years old, 0 warning, just a permanent ban simply for talking about the subject of security. Did anyone else get banned on this subbreddit and feel like it was unjustified?

It's ran by a bunch of idiots who don't like anything but extreme XRP shills. The mod that banned you is probably some kid with a 500 bag of xrp that believes in 589 by EOY

Edited by AlibabaGrp

4 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Then why even use Reddit?  I say leave them and lets get XRPChat even more active than it is currently.

If that's addressed to me - I don't. I have probably 4-5 posts there and this was more than 1 year ago, before all the shills appeared. I use it only for football streams etc.

Allowing bg123/589eoy/rippler riddler posts and banning users for suggesting useful resources or asking reasonable questions?

It's almost as if there is a concerted effort to make XRP seem like something only fools would be interested in.

Edited by elias

2 hours ago, namini said:

Hi,

I was banned (permaban) from https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/ by "nvok" moderator. My account was some years old, 0 warning, just a permanent ban simply for talking about the subject of security. Did anyone else get banned on this subbreddit and feel like it was unjustified?

I see my comments disappearing because i'm not always talking about moons, but also like a critical point of view sometimes...

Reddit has some decent subreddits that exist, but literally any crypto-related subreddit is a solid step below hot garbage.  They are all badly moderated and manipulated.  I actually sub to r/btc and r/bitcoin just to watch the rhetoric and finger pointing between the two.  I've been casually reading over there for over a year and I've yet to really learn anything useful from either of those subs.  The same goes for every other crypto sub.  It's quite sad, but a lot of people get all their information from those subreddits and that's kinda scary.

It has turned into garbage like its moderators. I have shared many useful posts and have been deleted without any reason while **** posts are still being allowed. It is just a shame for the community to have such an awful subreddit.

I noticed if I posted anything in there to start a discussion on Central banks and stuff it gets down voted to hell if I didn't begin or end the post with moon shots and space lambos. I just gave up....

2 hours ago, GrayFox said:

I noticed if I posted anything in there to start a discussion on Central banks and stuff it gets down voted to hell if I didn't begin or end the post with moon shots and space lambos. I just gave up....

if you say something different you're ostracized but if you talk about sec or things like that, bye bye 

Edited by titi2018

3 hours ago, elias said:

If the Reddit moderators have an account here I think they should explain their reasoning.

Just read through this topic imagining you're moderating that subreddit and you'll understand why I'm not going to try to explain what my co-moderator did and why. If he wants to, he can give you an explanation, but I doubt that the tone in here encourages this...

If anyone has an issue with moderation on Reddit, please write a mod-mail (send a PM to "r/Ripple") and if that gets ignored or you have an issue with a specific member of the mod team and don't want this member to read it, write to @JonHolmquist directly by sending a PM to "u/bonkill".

5 hours ago, namini said:

Hi,

No one ever gets banned from r/Ripple by simply stating their opinions or correcting someone or providing useful information even if that's anti-Ripple or anti-XRP.

In fact, I approve those 'hateful' comments more often than any other mod as long as they don't violate one or more sub rules and stick to the facts, not made up stats and data from shady websites and groups who get paid to promote and write articles.

Also, if you have an agenda, you will be quickly identified and purged from the sub.

There's no warning for parasites.

You got permanently banned for violating multiple sub rules:

Rule 3: FUD, Scare Tactics, and Marketing Hype are Prohibited

Rule 5: No Spamming and No Low-effort Contents

Rule 9: Do Not Scrape or Plagiarize and Include Source

And below is the last comment you made before you got permanently banned.

You basically copied and pasted what 'Berkeley researcher' wrote in order to spread FUD and misinformation.

01.jpg.1eb6c5079efbe98bda01fd505b48f82e.jpg

and then you follow up with a message trying to threaten me.

Why don't you do the same here and see if @karlos welcomes you or not?

02.jpg.59da60aa25b2ddb80071976fa11626b8.jpg