hallwaymonitor

Brad Garlinghouse: FIs are already using XRP in their payment flows

4 minutes ago, JA8 said:

He said “financial institutions like banks”, not “banks“, so he hasn’t dropped any new info here.

It amazes me how each and every time someone publishes a post, there always seems to be some part of it that's either false, not entirely true, dubious, uncertain, hazy, doubtful or that could or should be interpreted differently. I don't criticize you JA8, it's just something I've noticed. 

Regarding to the video after 14:53 Brad says that Siam Commercial Bank is using blockchain (xCurrent) and even using digital assets. Does this mean that SCB is already using digital assets at the moment or are they going to use digital assets in future? Also are there more digital assets involved than just XRP?

Ps. English is not my first language.

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

It amazes me how each and every time someone publishes a post, there always seems to be some part of it that's either false, not entirely true, dubious, uncertain, hazy, doubtful or that could or should be interpreted differently. I don't criticize you JA8, it's just something I've noticed. 

Yeah. I think it kind of sucks that we have to hunt these "breadcrumbs" and try to interpret info that is currently available.

Those two seem awfully cozy. Chris Larsen has been involved with the IMF for a long time, and he has obviously made an impact on Ross Leckows thinking and the IMF. The grey accountant-suits want some of that Ripple Mojo to color them as cool, and it´s working.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ross-leckow-5573992b

Now, if only we could see what kind of socks Ross was wearing,

Edited by mandelbaum

2 hours ago, JA8 said:

He said “financial institutions like banks”, not “banks“, so he hasn’t dropped any new info here.

It's good to be cautious but this is overdoing it. 

Banks (a subset of financial institutions) are using XRP, just confirmed by Brad Garlinghouse. 

40 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Surely “financial institutions like banks” includes banks?  Can you read it in any other way?

Yes. You can read it literally, as intended, without reading anything else (that you might want to be true) into it. 

When they say “banks”, they will mean banks. When they say “financial institutions like banks” they mean financial institutions like banks.

During Swell, they announced an XRapid partnership with Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union. This is what he is referring to. 

Edited by JA8

2 minutes ago, JA8 said:

When they say “banks”, they will mean banks. When they say “financial institutions like banks” they mean financial institutions like banks.

During Swell, they announced an XRapid partnership with Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union. This is what he is referring to. 

Right after that, he said Banks will offer crypto custody next year.

Put 2 and 2 together.