Is everybody aware of:

3 minutes ago, Blubber said:

So now it's the 'power of 'positive thinking'?  'Cuz were so special here in the cryptoverse that all we need to do is wish REAL hard and it will happen?  Yikes.

All markets are built on confidence, Crypto or not.

So yes, positive sentiment makes demand, and demand makes for price. Similarly if everybody thinks it’s going to crash, a slight market jitter turns into a crash. 

12 minutes ago, Blubber said:

So now it's the 'power of 'positive thinking'?  'Cuz were so special here in the cryptoverse that all we need to do is wish REAL hard and it will happen?  Yikes.

That’s not what he said. 

He was simply stating that markets are sentiment driven. 

So aren’t they? Are you stating crypto is driven by fundementals? 

What are you stating anyway? Your post is just a reflex on what you thought to be a over-optimistic post and your fixation on “ moon-boys” did the rest and made you post this nonsense.

yikes

31 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

That’s not what he said. 

He was simply stating that markets are sentiment driven. 

So aren’t they? Are you stating crypto is driven by fundementals? 

What are you stating anyway? Your post is just a reflex on what you thought to be a over-optimistic post and your fixation on “ moon-boys” did the rest and made you post this nonsense.

yikes

"He is simply a hole in the air"

- George Orwell

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

A bullrun out of nothing.  That would be a true miracle. As most people now believe a bullrun won’t happen just because too many expect a bullrun to happen based on historic patterns, the contrary will happen, namely a bullrun. 

Ohhh how I love the unpredictability of crypto! 

One thing is for sure:  the turkey won’t survive Christmas, but crypto will. ( will it?)

Thanks for the clarification :p

Something will happen. Or nothing. Another year ends with fireworks and champagne. Be with the ones you love and enjoy. Life goes on.

Purely for Dutch tax reasons though, XRP taking a sharp nosedive between December 30 and January 3 would be a great gift. Thank you Santa, please note I’ve been a good boy this year...

2 hours ago, Lurker123 said:

The problem is, that people need to manage their expectations. I have the feeling that we live in an age where most things are executed or rewarded almost instantly. But some things dont grow to their full potential over nigth or in a month. I bought AMD approx 5 Years ago and did not expect it to skyrocket the next month. Organic growth does not happen this way.

We had a corelated discussion with some colleagues last week during a managment meetig. Some people think that they generated profit or savings just because they made a buisness case and put the numbers in their KPI. You have achived those when you've implemented  those. Building a buiseness case is easy. Excuting it is the hard part because of the 3721 things you havent thougth about will have an impact.

I'm not negative, and i'm not trying to discourage people. But please manage what your expectations to fit them into the real world. 

For sure.  That's why this forum preplexes me.  People create negative posts or crazy-high-price posts.  I don't understand the negative commenters (who incessantly post negatively about XRP) - they can't be holding XRP - why would you hold an asset you were constantly negative about? The high-price predictors - I wonder if they will still be holding this time next year if XRP is "only" $1 or $1.50? I'll still be holding so long as the fundamentals keep ticking along as they are.  I think XRP is a great hold over the next multiple years.  In a way, it will be good to get the EOY out of the way so people can stop talking about it.

2 hours ago, Lurker123 said:

I have the feeling that we live in an age where most things are executed or rewarded almost instantly. But some things dont grow to their full potential over nigth or in a month. I bought AMD approx 5 Years ago and did not expect it to skyrocket the next month. Organic growth does not happen this way.

Actually, I think this somewhat explains why crypto behaves as it does.

Its extreme volatility and tendency to skyrocket out of nowhere is not merely because it's a relatively new and illiquid market, but in part is a direct reflection of the crypto demographic itself. And the zeitgeist.

Inexperienced speculators expect big gains in a short space of time and they FOMO-buy much more easily. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is an inexperienced investor mindset that has largely driven the kind of wild vertical price action we've seen in crypto over the past few years. It's not only the "space" (i.e. the technology and the adoption) that needs to mature - it's the demographic itself.

But we might hope for the time being that it remains as-is - if we want to make money :)

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

2 hours ago, Blubber said:

I am glad that you are not on Discord, and you never will be