BeSeriousXRP

Is everybody aware of:

What could spark it?! I ask everyone here to watch the financial news. Stocks and markets are taking a beating. Interest rates are going up again. Goldman Sachs, Apple...beating....I adjusted my 401k to very conservative 2 weeks ago. GE Cancelled dividends, "evidence shows" the hedge funds are dropping it. Thinking positive, this money is going to go somewhere else,  one thing I don't see at all on any channel is not one comment on crypto....bell closed...

10 hours ago, FelixNYC said:

What could spark it?! I ask everyone here to watch the financial news. Stocks and markets are taking a beating. Interest rates are going up again. Goldman Sachs, Apple...beating....I adjusted my 401k to very conservative 2 weeks ago. GE Cancelled dividends, "evidence shows" the hedge funds are dropping it. Thinking positive, this money is going to go somewhere else,  one thing I don't see at all on any channel is not one comment on crypto....bell closed...

Crypto is dead as Dillinger as far as the media goes.  You only get 15 minutes of fame in this asinine time we live in.

I don´t expect a Bullrun in the near future, in fact I do not think about.
One year ago nov 13,  XRP was $.02. Today it is $0.52 that´s pretty good. I only need XRP to go to $.1 to be profitable. What bothers me a bit is that I have not yet decided of a strategy of when to move my XRP back to my Exchange. One scenario could be doing it right now with some of it, putting in a Sell Order at a certain price, just to get back my original investment.

4 hours ago, Blubber said:

Crypto is dead as Dillinger as far as the media goes.  You only get 15 minutes of fame in this asinine time we live in.

Crypto died numerous times in the recent years. Evertime with the same result, people shouting it's done, the bubble has burst and it will never recover again. Ofcourse this could be the single moment it actually did. My personal opinion is that for a lot of crypto's this indeed was the headshot, specially ICO's. If Ripple keeps doing what it's aimed to do, who knows where it could go. You certainly don't, neither do I or anyone else who claims so.

The silence in the media has proven multiple times thats the time to accumulate, average investor lost his interest, 'blood in the streets'. Then in due time slowly the mainstream media will start reporting growth in bitcoin again, creating attention during the rise, and having people buy back in during that growth to a new ATH.

And as long as it's not actual utility that creates the new pricing, rinse and repeat that pattern. I however do believe that, as far as fundamentals in this unexplored country of crypto's, still stand, Ripple could be the very first that creates fomo out of usage instead out of ordinary Wyckoff pumps.

Edited by Caracappa

19 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Crypto died numerous times in the recent years. Evertime with the same result, people shouting it's done, the bubble has burst and it will never recover again. Ofcourse this could be the single moment it actually did. My personal opinion is that for a lot of crypto's this indeed was the headshot, specially ICO's. If Ripple keeps doing what it's aimed to do, who knows where it could go. You certainly don't, neither do I or anyone else who claims so.

The silence in the media has proven multiple times thats the time to accumulate, average investor lost his interest, 'blood in the streets'. Then in due time slowly the mainstream media will start reporting growth in bitcoin again, creating attention during the rise, and having people buy back in during that growth to a new ATH.

And as long as it's not actual utility that creates the new pricing, rinse and repeat that pattern. I however do believe that, as far as fundamentals in this unexplored country of crypto's, still stand, Ripple could be the very first that creates fomo out of usage instead out of ordinary Wyckoff pumps.

Good points.  However, XRP's most promising future lies in removing itself from the crypto space entirely.  That would entail deciding once and for all what it actually is. Like it or not it still follows the lead of BTC.

1 minute ago, Blubber said:

Good points.  However, XRP's most promising future lies in removing itself from the crypto space entirely.  That would entail deciding once and for all what it actually is. Like it or not it still follows the lead of BTC.

Agreed, and for now it's fine, the market is still relatively young and small. As long as BTC is the vessel that creates the fomo via media for XRP (or any other crypto) the market stays speculative and unstable. That's why I hope (and believe) that utility comes one day for some cryptos, and breaks that everlasting connection with the big brother.

Investors jump on the 'blockchain' without knowing what a crypto stands for, they just see/saw huge green percentages. Even worse, society cannot even grasp the usecases crypto and blockchain could have in 10+ years.

It's like the beginning of the internet era. As long as you put .com somewhere in your name your stocks would have sold like crazy, but many didn't know what the company actually did or their long term view. Most companies probably didn't know yet where they were going. Then fundamentals and usecases kicked in and the first companies and their stocks went skyhigh or bankrupt.

I personally believe that both the company Ripple and their digital asset XRP, if all executed according to plan could be the 'skyhigh' one. But it takes time, and perhaps more time then some 'new investors' are willing to spend waiting.

3 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Agreed, and for now it's fine, the market is still relatively young and small. As long as BTC is the vessel that creates the fomo via media for XRP (or any other crypto) the market stays speculative and unstable. That's why I hope (and believe) that utility comes one day for some cryptos, and breaks that everlasting connection with the big brother.

Investors jump on the 'blockchain' without knowing what a crypto stands for, they just see/saw huge green percentages. Even worse, society cannot even grasp the usecases crypto and blockchain could have in 10+ years.

It's like the beginning of the internet era. As long as you put .com somewhere in your name your stocks would have sold like crazy, but many didn't know what the company actually did or their long term view. Most companies probably didn't know yet where they were going. Then fundamentals and usecases kicked in and the first companies and their stocks went skyhigh or bankrupt.

I personally believe that both the company Ripple and their digital asset XRP, if all executed according to plan could be the 'skyhigh' one. But it takes time, and perhaps more time then some 'new investors' are willing to spend waiting.

I recall in NYC during the dot com foolishness an outfit called 'Go Fetch' - insanely bad business model - you could go online and have them deliver a bag of potato chips.  The other lads and myself in the missile silo would dream up ever wacky things for them to bring over.  Of course they disappeared along with all the frenzy-inspired crap from that time.

We shall see.  Crypto's biggest fans are the 'Everyone Gets a Trophy' generation - even more entitled than the Boomers if you can imagine that.  Where the patience will come from is a mystery.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, BeSeriousXRP said:

Seems like a lot of people still expect a bullrun before eoy. I don't see that happening because:

- XRapid is already live. No more news before eoy

- Still attached to BTC

- Bakkt and ETF won't be active before eoy.

- All Swift, Amazon, GooglePay, Temenos, Bearableguy and RippleRiddler rumours where...well Just rumours. 

- SBI, and other large FI's ... No news to be expected.

So WHAT miracle do you think will happen before eoy?

I had the same idea this time last year how wrong was I.....

21 hours ago, FelixNYC said:

Interest has waned tim to see what actually works slow growth nowadays.