panmores

Japan-Thailand RippleNet / Interledger in Action

1 hour ago, panmores said:

Most consumers will not know that Ripple is making their life easier. Hopefully in a few years Ripple becomes that household name everyone knows...

I don't think Ripple has to become a house hold name to be extremely successful, SWIFT have been extremely successful over the past 40 years and there wouldn't be many people outside of finance and crytpo etc who even know who they are.

This doesn't mean that i don't think that they wont become a household name, i just think, they would have reached their goals long before the majority of the population ever knows who they are.

3 hours ago, panmores said:

Some exciting developments between Japan and Thailand with RippleNet / Interledger.

Japan and Thailand are pushing Ripple:

https://cryptoking.org/ripplenet-interledger-getting-traction-in-asia/

Most consumers will not know that Ripple is making their life easier. Hopefully in a few years Ripple becomes that household name everyone knows...

krungsri_blockchain_interledger_ripplenet_mufg.jpg.90435ec3c325a8cc1a48cebee221d81a.jpg

Thanks for the post, just a FYI, this is a strategy by SBI that they have covered in their quarterly reports many times this year, Thailand is def one of places they are targeting, I like seeing them move forward on their planned strategy.

5 hours ago, slinuxuzer said:

Thanks for the post, just a FYI, this is a strategy by SBI that they have covered in their quarterly reports many times this year, Thailand is def one of places they are targeting, I like seeing them move forward on their planned strategy.

There were moments of doubt any of the SBI quarterly PDFs turn into reality.

Good to see the strategy is kicking in.

RippleNet is spreading, we might approach the tipping point of the network effect.

6 hours ago, panmores said:

There were moments of doubt any of the SBI quarterly PDFs turn into reality.

Good to see the strategy is kicking in.

RippleNet is spreading, we might approach the tipping point of the network effect.

Yea I'm a little frustrated with the SBI VC thing, allegedly they are opening order book trading by end of Q1, if they don't then I think it might be a dead issue.

4 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Yea I'm a little frustrated with the SBI VC thing, allegedly they are opening order book trading by end of Q1, if they don't then I think it might be a dead issue.

Soon.....Lol

13 hours ago, coastal said:

I don't think Ripple has to become a house hold name to be extremely successful, SWIFT have been extremely successful over the past 40 years and there wouldn't be many people outside of finance and crytpo etc who even know who they are.

This doesn't mean that i don't think that they wont become a household name, i just think, they would have reached their goals long before the majority of the population ever knows who they are.

That's true. The other day I just found someone posting about SWIFT in the /r/swift subreddit. However, they didn't realize swift is actually an apple iOS programming language as well.

The difference with Ripple becoming mainstream is that money can actually be made by your average investor with XRP. This fact alone should help spread the company name through word of mouth and media coverage about cryptocurrencies.  Media coverage is so different nowadays compared to when SWIFT was started because of the internet.

17 minutes ago, noobxrp said:

That's true. The other day I just found someone posting about SWIFT in the /r/swift subreddit. However, they didn't realize swift is actually an apple iOS programming language as well.

The difference with Ripple becoming mainstream is that money can actually be made by your average investor with XRP. This fact alone should help spread the company name through word of mouth and media coverage about cryptocurrencies.  Media coverage is so different nowadays compared to when SWIFT was started because of the internet.

In a matter of years the phrase "XRP me" will be as common as "Google it". 

2 hours ago, jargoman said:

No. that would be like saying php me some money. 

not quite, where php is used to create and implement a 'thing', in many cases, xrp is the actual thing. Many people may use xrp as a currency, in which case they will surly know the name - but they won't know the language / technology used.  

4 hours ago, panmores said:

Why not "ripple me"...

Any company whose name becomes the verb reached the very top.

"Ripple Me" and "Zerp-Me" @King34Maine would both work for me too, but I think it'll kind of be like "just charge it" has been for the last few decades . . . a little more generic. Although, I do love the idea of Ripple being the Coke of its industry. It's just that then there's that false idea of XRP being centralized with Ripple.

18 hours ago, slinuxuzer said:

I do feel the same. Back in spring and early summer everyone was overly excited for the launch of SBI VC, but thus far it has been quite a disappointment.

In my opinion, this partially has to do with the fact that any information provided by SBI VC (e.g. regarding the launch, order book trading and OTC trading) is in Japanese only. I find it mind-boggling a professional entity like SBI VC doesn't provide information in English.

We'll see what next year brings.. 

Edited by PactaSuntServanda