PhiGuy

XRP - $5000 The Economic Machine (IOV)

3 hours ago, pumpndump said:

I apologize if that is how you are reading my posts.

No need to apologise....   I have zero issues with the way you conduct yourself here.  I may have misunderstood your intent.

I did find it interesting that although the facts you were interested in were shown incorrect it doesn't change your mind.  As humans we all tend to get beliefs and then justify them later and revise reasons if facts are shown wrong.  I'm almost certainly no different.

I do think we have significant differences in our point of views.  I do not think a bull run iimpossible or unlikely....   I think it's definitely coming.   We agree, I think, that Ripple and XRP will likely be very successful.  We differ about how that will like play out and the magnitude and duration of the resultant rise.

But as I've said before....   I'm glad to have differing views here so that my inherent optimism can be kept in check.

2 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

Everyone is acting like @pumpndump is being this huge troll.  He’s being really respectful and actively engaging in a dialogues and following up on his statements.

I do hope you weren't thinking of me when you wrote that....  if that's the impression I've given then I've been to terse in my posts and will need to be more careful.

2 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

Differing views are healthy. Debate should be welcome.  This place doesn’t need to become any more of an echo chamber than it already is.

Absolutely true and well worth repeating often.  Well said.

51 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I do hope you weren't thinking of me when you wrote that....  if that's the impression I've given then I've been to terse in my posts and will need to be more careful.

Not you or any other particular individual in the thread.  It’s a forum wide issue and not exclusive to this discussion. It’s just frustrating to me when people are immediately shouted down and called Shills or Fudsters for even a slightly contrary opinion (again, not you specifically).

13 hours ago, pumpndump said:

No, I did not say it will never match last years numbers.

I expect $1-$3 by eoy 2019.

See .com bubble for reference.

Apples and oranges.  Your theory forgets that utility volume will be added.  You're basing your prediction off a completely different asset class's market history (you're comparing to the .com bubble).  Remind me which .com had utility volume going through its stock? That's right - NONE.  Even saying that - personally I'd be delighted with $1 EOY 2018 and $2 by EOY 2019. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

29 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Not you or any other particular individual in the thread.  It’s a forum wide issue and not exclusive to this discussion. It’s just frustrating to me when people are immediately shouted down and called Shills or Fudsters for even a slightly contrary opinion (again, not you specifically).

I like differing opinions so long as they have some logic, reason, even evidence -  behind their headline statements.  Someone saying "$589!" or "5c" should back up their statement with some of the aforementioned logic, reason (and if available, evidence)...then we can have a debate.  If it's just "things are just bad in this market man" type negativity then they can expect criticism.  Similarly, if it's just "coz bearable guy said so" then they should be open to criticism too.

38 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Have you read through all of @blubbers comments?

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Apples and oranges.  Your theory forgets that utility volume will be added.  You're basing your prediction off a completely different asset class's market history (you're comparing to the .com bubble).  Remind me which .com had utility volume going through its stock? That's right - NONE.  Even saying that - personally I'd be delighted with $1 EOY 2018 and $2 by EOY 2019. 

Ok duly noted. I tend to side with Galgitron that use through corridors will not moon the price. That it is unknown what true affect it will have.

Guaranteed way to increase price is garner interest for FI and investors to buy the coin.

Lastly, though you tend to believe Im wrong on everything though your targets are lower than mine.

Cheers!

Edited by pumpndump

2 hours ago, pumpndump said:

Ok duly noted. I tend to side with Galgitron that use through corridors will not moon the price. That it is unknown what true affect it will have.

Guaranteed way to increase price is garner interest for FI and investors to buy the coin.

Lastly, though you tend to believe Im wrong on everything though your targets are lower than mine.

Cheers!

Well my target is to sell 2% of my stack a month so long as the price is above $2.  This means I'll be holding for at least 50 months while the price is above $2.  I personally don't see XRP's price floating around $2 for 4 years+ (but stranger things have happened!) - more likely it will be going up with increased usage of xRapid. 

Yes I think with increased usage (and therefore usefulness) of XRP - more institutions will want to hold it, and its price will increase. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

12 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I like differing opinions so long as they have some logic, reason, even evidence -  behind their headline statements.  Someone saying "$589!" or "5c" should back up their statement with some of the aforementioned logic, reason (and if available, evidence)...then we can have a debate.  If it's just "things are just bad in this market man" type negativity then they can expect criticism.  Similarly, if it's just "coz bearable guy said so" then they should be open to criticism too.

I agree, I just feel like the guys or gals who say "$589 by EOY '19" are treated and spoken to in very different tones than the guys or gals who say "We'll never get back to the all time high".  Just look at the title of this thread and all the responses. Plenty of people are saying that $5k is unreasonable and crazy, but the tone and debate is much different.  Frankly, I don't know how anyone could say that:

1. XRP going to $2-$3 over the course of the year is bad

2. XRP going to $5000 or $589 is even CLOSE to as likely as @pumpndump's prediction.  I hope he's wrong, but he's certainly not out of line or crazy.

You want to dream? That's great, so do I.  I daydream every day at my desk of xrp blowing up and me retiring in glory at 35 years old.  That doesn't mean I have to jump down the throat (not you specifically) of anyone who doesn't think XRP will become the world's new reserve currency and rocket to $5000/per.

All things considered, I still think the video which started this thread is INCREDIBLE! (Albiet very long). I know people always say stuff like 'the writing is on the wall' and blah blah but after watching the full video... all those documents he showed are friggin CRAZY. Not to mention it's almost hilarious that all those banks and other financial entities condemning crypto while they themselves are part of the god-damn A-team of the ILP protocol. Talk about left hand doing while the right isn't looking..

Anyways, although I think price prediction is a moot point as we're really speculating on the ILP volume and XRP amounts stored for 2030, I used the 2018 xrp price prediction model (with VERY generous values) and only got it up to 1.3k or so. With that said, I don't think hundreds of dollars is out of the question at all provided we stay on track. Crazy considering the current state of things..

Edited by RootSilent
I wrote condone rather than condemn! Whoops