PhiGuy

XRP - $5000 The Economic Machine (IOV)

3 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Saying $2-$3 is not negative saying $10 is not negative in fact you said it last week.

You thought $2 by 12/31/2019 was a good target.

Im not being negative. 

You put in that price like it's a quick disclaimer, then spend 99% of the time being negative about XRP.   I've seen this pattern over and over with a select number of accounts on this forum.  They post negatively (and constantly) about XRP, then when pressed, will say "no, I'm positive...I think it will be $X" - then continue to post negatively about it.  I just find it weird.  I couldn't hold an asset I am always negatively thinking about.  Could you show me some positive posts you've made about XRP?

Edited by 2ndtimearound

19 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

You put in that price like it's a quick disclaimer, then spend 99% of the time being negative about XRP.   I've seen this pattern over and over with a select number of accounts on this forum.  They post negatively (and constantly) about XRP, then when pressed, will say "no, I'm positive...I think it will be $X" - then continue to post negatively about it.  I just find it weird.  I couldn't hold an asset I am always negatively thinking about.  Could you show me some positive posts you've made about XRP?

Insert what you like it is your choice to believe $10 is negative. You said you believed $2 was a great target for the end of 2019 just a few days ago. How is that not negative?

Why is me saying it will be slow from here on out negative?

Post bubble?

Every indicator agrees with that 2ndtimearound yet if it isnt always ANYTHING is possible, 589 can happen, it is deemed negative here, why?

Why cant we just debate points and if we disagree bow out and say ......we disagree.

I dont name call, yet get called names, I give a reason for why I think $500 is very unrealistic and 5 people say....how stupid, leave, fudder, go away, are you 13?

Im sorry man I dont think Im out of line.

Cheers to $5-$10 and I still agree with YOU $2 by eoy 2019 would be great. I actually expect a little higher $2-3.

Yeah, that is negative here, a 400-600% return from current day prices.

The other guy talking about institutions Jed owns more than all instutional XRP sold by Ripple in 2018, in fact, he owns at least 5 times more.

Institutions are making no dent this year unless they get retail folk to buy!! They arent buying!!

Edited by pumpndump

26 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

In all honesty, I have never seen @pumpndump with a negative post about XRP. That is my true opinion. Anyone that reads his posts and thinks that is negative, isn’t being realistic. 

I am not saying that XRP couldn’t go to some huge number, but the reality is that he sees the market in a similar way to how I see it....and I have been loading up on XRP for 6 months. 

I don’t get the constant criticism of his posts. 

Just my two cents. 

44 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Insert what you like it is your choice to believe $10 is negative. You said you believed $2 was a great target for the end of 2019 just a few days ago. How is that not negative?

Why is me saying it will be slow from here on out negative?

Post bubble?

Every indicator agrees with that 2ndtimearound yet if it isnt always ANYTHING is possible, 589 can happen, it is deemed negative here, why?

Why cant we just debate points and if we disagree bow out and say ......we disagree.

I dont name call, yet get called names, I give a reason for why I think $500 is very unrealistic and 5 people say....how stupid, leave, fudder, go away, are you 13?

Im sorry man I dont think Im out of line.

Cheers to $5-$10 and I still agree with YOU $2 by eoy 2019 would be great. I actually expect a little higher $2-3.

Yeah, that is negative here, a 400-600% return from current day prices.

The other guy talking about institutions Jed owns more than all instutional XRP sold by Ripple in 2018, in fact, he owns at least 5 times more.

Institutions are making no dent this year unless they get retail folk to buy!! They arent buying!!

In reality, very very few people on xrpchat.com think we will hit $589 EOY.  There's a sliding scale of belief here, with only a few thinking it will explode to $589 in a few weeks.  The $589 meme has become shorthand for "if you're positive on XRP, you probably have unreasonable expectations".  

I agree with you that it can sound strange if you have a higher expectation of price than I do - but it's hard to reconcile your price prediction of $10 EOY 2019 with your posts.  My price prediction is (to my mind) bullish - $1.50 EOY 2018 (pump due to Baakt) and $2 to $3 EOY 2019.  This is more a case of expect good returns, hope for great.  To be fair, I don't mean to single you out here - as I said there's a certain type of poster that finds a negative in many stories, then when pressed they give a positive price prediction....then revert to negativity.  I think my posts line up with my price prediction.

1 hour ago, pumpndump said:

This forum isn't any different from other forums. I should know, I work for a game developer and themed their Wordpress website/blog and migrated their old phpBB forums to IP B4, the same forum software that XRPchat runs on(I should have installed Xenoforo, but I digress). Within that community is what I call the purists/gate keepers, which are a tiny and very unwelcoming portion of the community, and you have casual gamers that are viewed with contempt by the former. When the latter suggests something should be implemented, tweaked, fixed or looked into, then the former mostly always tells the latter if they want this or that, then they should go play BF4/[Enter mainstream FPS title on the market here] and stop being "negative" or "trolling". 

This same dynamic goes on at every forum I've visited or a member of. Even on the GMC/Chevy forum I'm on, the same people saying you are negative or trolling on this forum are the same people that will say you are being negative or trolling on that forum because you have a different opinion on certain features that should or should not have been implemented in past, present or future models. 

Edited by TheXRPer

5 hours ago, DutchPanda said:

Maybe I lack the knowledge you have, but if you are right, xrp will be at 50 cents or less the coming 55 months in a row, assuming that every month 1 billion XRP is being sold from escrow.

The only way to get the pirce of XRP up would be us, average Joe's selling and buying on exchanges hoping for a FOMO Bullrun? I just even can't imagine this could be the theoretical case.

@LilBender @Chewiecoin@ReformedEquityTrader, could you guys elaborate on this?

You don't have to trade on an exchange to raise the price.  You just have to create a situation where the arbitrage bots are forced to take the buy side.

You can accomplish that by selling something priced in fiat and discounting it's cost in XRP.

If there is enough existing demand for whatever you are selling, the price on exchanges will rise accordingly.

1 hour ago, AllinXRP said:

In all honesty, I have never seen @pumpndump with a negative post about XRP. That is my true opinion. Anyone that reads his posts and thinks that is negative, isn’t being realistic. 

I am not saying that XRP couldn’t go to some huge number, but the reality is that he sees the market in a similar way to how I see it....and I have been loading up on XRP for 6 months. 

I don’t get the constant criticism of his posts. 

Just my two cents. 

His post on this thread where he implies institutions are unlikely to positively affect the price because they won’t hold anything like the number of XRP that individuals hold. If anyone believes that individuals who own billions may dump their holdings,  then it’s hard to be positive about XRP at all. After all, the sword of Damocles is always there with individuals ultimately having the last say on price. 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I reckon if we were in a beer garden we would all be able to find common ground.  Cheers guys.  :Laie_16:

I envision more of a mid-Nineteenth century Daniel day-lewis/Bill the butcher style dust-up. CERTAIN people being thrown out of windows etc...lol

7 hours ago, DutchPanda said:

Maybe I lack the knowledge you have, but if you are right, xrp will be at 50 cents or less the coming 55 months in a row, assuming that every month 1 billion XRP is being sold from escrow.

The only way to get the pirce of XRP up would be us, average Joe's selling and buying on exchanges hoping for a FOMO Bullrun? I just even can't imagine this could be the theoretical case.

@LilBender @Chewiecoin@ReformedEquityTrader, could you guys elaborate on this?

Haven’t read this whole thread yet but I see the same old FUD.

Institutions buying from Ripple is a GOOD thing. This means the XRP locked up in Hedge funds etc come straight from Ripple, not by shorting the market to hell as it happens with BTC (XRP dropping with BTC is an unfortunate side effect of that).

When xRapid runs 100%, the real time buys and sells happen in the open market. No ways around it.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:34 AM, Pauly_jay said:

False. There won’t be 1000’s of billionares because most people will sell at $5 and $10 because they think “$10 would be nice though” and don’t believe that XRP will be worth 1000s one day.

Except that's not how it really works. The typical investor buys high and sells low. If XRP were to go to $5, $10, or even $100 most people would want to hold on or even buy more. There's been numerous studies that show this is how the typical investor behaves. Take a look at this forum for example. As soon as it went down into the mid-twenties many people went into panic mode and started talking about selling. Anyhow, I hope you guys are correct and it goes to $5,000 and you prove me wrong. It just sounds a bit naive to me, especially the ones that talk like its a foregone conclusion.

25 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

Except that's not how it really works. The typical investor buys high and sells low. If XRP were to go to $5, $10, or even $100 most people would want to hold on or even buy more. There's been numerous studies that show this is how the typical investor behaves. Take a look at this forum for example. As soon as it went down into the mid-twenties many people went into panic mode and started talking about selling. Anyhow, I hope you guys are correct and it goes to $5,000 and you prove me wrong. It just sounds a bit naive to me, especially the ones that talk like its a foregone conclusion.

That’s guys with 450 XRP that have don’t all sorts of calculations to figure out how rich they can be. Man, if it makes $5000 I will be rich!!

On 11/9/2018 at 9:08 PM, xrp_sea said:

$5000 is never going to happen. If it did literally 1000's of average Joe Schmoes would suddenly be billionaires. Brad G would be a trillionaire. Does that sound reasonable to you? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. $10 would be nice though.

you have cause and effect backwards. XRP NOT reaching a certain price because it WOULD make people rich is nonsense. XRP isn't sentient