The Real reason CoinBase hasn't listed XRP

slinuxuzer

13 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

this is how the world works, sadly enough. 

They have power for now, but market forces will / have / are coming that will list XRP, that's the beauty of a free marketplace, if these guys don't want to offer it, someone will, they know this.

I think they screwed up when they listed ZRX. That was basically a pump scheme to make some friends and former employees happy.

They could regain som trust by listing XLM and BAT next, but another ERC20 pump after that? No way people are falling for more of that.

Edited by mandelbaum

Just now, mandelbaum said:

I think they screwed up when they listed ZRX. That was basically a pump scheme to make some friends and former employees happy.

They could rgain som trust by listing XLM and BAT next, but another ERC20 pump after that? No way people are falling for more of that.

BAT is officially on regular Coinbase as of today. 

Um, Yeah, except that Coinbase lists ETH and LTC, both of which can serve as a bridge currency in just the same way.  Granted that Coinbase has BTC set as the first thing you see, that would not change with XRP adoption.  And ETH and LTC are dramatically faster than BTC, which is why anyone with more than a passing interest has already use them instead of BTC to transfer to other exchanges.

So, as much as I want to agree with you, I don't agree with you.

13 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

They could regain som trust by listing XLM and BAT next, but another ERC20 pump after that? No way people are falling for more of that.

lol they listed BAT today.

7 minutes ago, Tyrell said:

Um, Yeah, except that Coinbase lists ETH and LTC, both of which can serve as a bridge currency in just the same way.  Granted that Coinbase has BTC set as the first thing you see, that would not change with XRP adoption.  And ETH and LTC are dramatically faster than BTC, which is why anyone with more than a passing interest has already use them instead of BTC to transfer to other exchanges.

So, as much as I want to agree with you, I don't agree with you.

Well I don't know if you know, but last year I had ETH transactions that took 24 hours to confirm, so if they list XRP people can keep using ETH as a bridge if they please, but I won't. Oh and some of those transactions were costing 40$. 

Edited by slinuxuzer

7 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Well I don't know if you know, but last year I had ETH transactions that took 24 hours to confirm, so if they list XRP people can keep using ETH as a bridge if they please, but I won't. Oh and some of those transactions were costing 40$. 

Never encountered any of that.  I've used ETH several times as bridge and it was relatively fast compared to BTC, which often took 6 or more hours, but also much cheaper.

I understand that LTC is equally fast and cheap.

I am not comparing them to XRP, but they are worlds better than BTC.  And Coinbase adopted them quite a while ago.

Sorry, but I do not think that is the reason that Coinbase made its decisions.  It could be one factor, but they adopted other options that bit into BTC as the prime base transfer option, and they did it many months ago.

Edited by Tyrell

13 minutes ago, Tyrell said:

Never encountered any of that.  I've used ETH several times as bridge and it was relatively fast compared to BTC, which often took 6 or more hours, but also much cheaper.

I understand that LTC is equally fast and cheap.

I am not comparing them to XRP, but they are worlds better than BTC.  And Coinbase adopted them quite a while ago.

Sorry, but I do not think that is the reason that Coinbase made its decisions.  It could be one factor, but they adopted other options that bit into BTC as the prime base transfer option, and they did it many months ago.

Generally ETH doesn't take that long or cost that much, but during big bull runs that is exactly what happens, what is your theory on why no listing? 

40 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Generally ETH doesn't take that long or cost that much, but during big bull runs that is exactly what happens, what is your theory on why no listing? 

I'm not proposing a theory, I don't have one.  Even the idea that they have big BTC holdings doesn't add up because they can dump what they have over time and load up on XRP.  It isn't as though we haven't seen others dump BTC in large quantities before. Sorry, but I don't see having big BTC holdings as a likely explanation. 

Coinbase is not acting rationally if they recognize XRP as a big player in future, so there must be some other reason.  It's either a philosophical/personal issue or they simply don't think XRP will be worth much in future.  Egos get in the way of rational decision making more than most other issues (aside from maybe confirmation bias).

They could know things we don't, or they could be really stupid.  I don't immediately discount any option.