tulo

USD.Gatehub super valuable asset

As usual USD.Gatehub is traded at very high price: https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/markets/USD:rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B/USD:rhub8VRN55s94qWKDv6jmDy1pUykJzF3wq?interval=1h&range=3d&type=line

Actually it's 20% more :wacko:

Arbitrageurs it's your time (but we all know it is not easy to close that loop :), right @pucksterpete?)!

38 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Strange, what can explain this? 

It's always when XRP price moves a lot. The problem is that it's hard to obtain USD.gatehub (the only way is an expensive international wire transfer).

2 minutes ago, tulo said:

It's always when XRP price moves a lot. The problem is that it's hard to obtain USD.gatehub (the only way is an expensive international wire transfer).

If you are an Aussie (I am) and you have some funds to use (I don't :( ) then you can use Flash-FX to send fiat to Gatehub.  (Or at least you used to be able to...)

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

If you are an Aussie (I am) and you have some funds to use (I don't :( ) then you can use Flash-FX to send fiat to Gatehub.  (Or at least you used to be able to...)

Noice!!! Might give it a whirl

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Mmm...idk which liquidity they use to give the quotes.

1 minute ago, tulo said:

Mmm...idk which liquidity they use to give the quotes.

They used to have their own USD Nostro on Gate-hub.  They would give a competitive AUD/USD conversion rate and then XCurrent it accross to Gatehub.  I don't know if they still do this or not.  They had a similar setup more frequently used to Bitstamp...   sometimes they emptied their Nostro and their users had to wait a few days for it to be topped up.

I think they were thinking to go to XRapid when regulatory certainty improved.

I tried to move funds to gate hub via flash fz last week. It’s currently disabled which bites. I really want to get some fiat across today and take advantage. I’ll let you guys know if it’s back after I chat to Nick.

maybe it's for KYC reasons, the person cashing out has a certain route out to a certain bank via gatehub, that they know works, whereas other exchanges/routes/banks cause them problems, so it's worth taking a hit in price for the benefit of quick cash without endless KYC/AML questions?

2 hours ago, tulo said:

Arbitrageurs it's your time (but we all know it is not easy to close that loop :), right @pucksterpete?)!

Man O Man times were good last year in Oct for EUR/XRP Gatehub and EUR/XRP Bitstamp.  But, your right no efficient way to close that loop.  Even though after March of this year SEPA transfers were taking a day to complete compared to 3 days last year, at least for me.  So, having that Bankroll split between both sides was great.

After March of this year that arbitrage dried up.:(