"There is a storm coming for all of crypto, and the temporary October doldrums are now a memory as, once again, XRP cuts the tall waves in front if it like we have an expert captain at the helm."

Love it Hodor! Great read again. Love the words you put together. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Danny said:

"Bitcoin’s annual carbon footprint is greater than 61,000 transatlantic flights. And that’s only going to get worse."

Mind-boggling. 

Great article Hodor.

It was shocking when Cory Johnson made that comparison.  It almost feels like we have a collective obligation to 'right the ship' and say goodbye to POW crypto. 

I don't mind good, honest crypto competition for XRP, but let it be something - anything - that doesn't kill the environment so dramatically. 

this carbon footprint shenanigans

what say ye when the renewable energy sector and relevant technology bridges with mining - a new paradigm would emerge - SBI are big themselves on the mining but at the same time we applaud them for championing xrp. Odd. Accelerated mining with an option to decentralize China perhaps.

SBI mining

Lancium's unique data center directly utilizes intermittent energy generated from wind farms to enhance returns for wind asset owners and unlock access to the lowest cost power on earth. This unique "win-win" solution supports the development of new renewable energy resources, while providing an exceptionally cost effective and carbon negative power source for distributed, interruptible computing.

Renewable energy

By contrast, renewable energy such as wind and solar power can be continually replenished — and they do not harm the environment. They also present a strong business opportunity. By 2040 renewables will attract up to 60% of the total investment in global power generation capacity ($11.4 trillion) according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance estimates. Renewable energy is becoming the preferred way of mining digital currencies like Bitcoin and other Altcoins as prices surge and the industry seeks more computing power or hash power at the best cost of electricity.

I just cant see btc and its POWs et al not realizing they're digging their own grave and not reverse that process by planting a flower bed in lieu.

Edited by fiik

Love the boldness.  Definitely agree with you that the palpable feeling of energy building in the XRP ecosystem/community cannot be contained for ever and will blow.  I have no idea if it will be this side of the EoY.  I imagine once the growth happens it will snowball across into new speculative markets as well as into the institutions.

XRP once touched, and the concept behind it understood, is addictive.  We have all witnessed this experience/phenomenon in ourselves and others will follow where you have led.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, fiik said:

This unique "win-win" solution supports the development of new renewable energy resources, while providing an exceptionally cost effective and carbon negative power source for distributed, interruptible computing.

An interesting try at managing public relations is all this is; and I say that knowing full well that SBI is a key part of the xRapid rollout strategy in 2019. 

But I have to call a spade a spade:  Basically, one could easily counter this and point out that the electricity that went to this 'mining' could have gone to other 'real' industry or households that currently utilize coal or nuclear power. 

In addition, the mining difficulty is only going to rise, so the situation will worsen.  It's amazing listening to the Bitcoin maximalists jump through hoops trying to rationalize the energy usage.