TAS and Ripple Software Integration Confirmed! (video)

1 hour ago, cryptoxrp said:

ESMIG (hybrid) role is:

"The objective here is that the payments and securities markets participants will use ESMIG as a single gateway to connect to a consolidated market infrastructure."

"The solution that we are now rolling out in Europe for TIPS and RT1 is the first stage for our participants to be connected to the new unified market infrastructure

"This means that customers will not have to install a new payment gateway every time they want to connect to a new instant payment system, saving them time, resources and money. This is vital to a rapid deployment of faster payment systems."

It's all about connectivity imho.

And if the TAS Gateway is used... (TAS is preferred supplier) "Since the beginning, TAS Group has been at the heart of the pan-European central infrastructures thanks to business domain expertise and innovative technological platforms. Now entering this very busy and exciting period, we continue our dedication to servicing the Eurosystem, major European Central Banks and commercial banks." source: https://www.tasgroup.eu/tas-media-room/tips

From Reddit,

SR2018 will be MANDATORY on the 18th (november). It may have been available for a while, but without everyone upgraded the API can't be used. Once mandatory every SWIFT transaction will have a UETR or not get processed. This enables any of the 11,000 banks in the SWIFT network to be recipients of transactions via the API which SWIFT built to enable Ripplenet (and a few others) to integrate with SWIFTnet. The 4,000 banks that will suddenly be able to use Ripplenet will be able to do so because their back end software provider is a company called Temenos. They've come out and said in several releases they have integrated with Ripple. SAP has done the same, and they represent 40k corporate customers. Then there's TASS group and the payment hubs. . .

@Paradox your last comment "there is NOWHERE NEAR enough liquidity for XRP to start handling large institutional payments (>10 million USD)" is spot on. Many of us beleive that this problem can be solved by an orchestrated increase of the XRP price. See the following Q and A document for how this can be done. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqNRyD_0p78p1byoLmd2O7C3WAuZNJVS/view

@cryptoxrp thanks for your response.  My issue was more around the purpose of ESMIG specifically, and not that of the TAS Gateway (despite TAS integration of ESMIG capability).  There is clear evidence that RippleNet is supported by the TAS Gateway (which I hope many customers will use).  I am still skeptical about the 18th/upgrade, but I guess time will tell.

13 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

Could have been in one of the youtube channel video's the last few days. Been researching 'round the clock'. Also added significantly to my XRP position. I always put my money where my mouth is.

And to put some ‘icing on the cake’ .... XRP is in second spot again :clapping:

And XRP will take first place soon ... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, cryptoxrp said:

And to put some ‘icing on the cake’ .... XRP is in second spot again :clapping:

And XRP will take first place soon ... :rolleyes:

Also, there's exuberant talk right now about Earthport, a long-time Ripple partner, for winning this award:

https://www.earthport.com/news-insights/news/earthport-wins-best-cross-border-payments-solution-2018-payments-awards/

Turns out has nothing to do with Ripple. Emailed me their head of PR, Tim Masih:

"This is for our own ACH network."

Am not doubting the prospects of Ripple a bit.

Maybe TAS and Earthport even copied from Ripple IP.

Just saying how important it is to do proper research and maybe cool the engines a bit.

4 minutes ago, panmores said:

Also, there's exuberant talk right now about Earthport, a long-time Ripple partner, for winning this award:

https://www.earthport.com/news-insights/news/earthport-wins-best-cross-border-payments-solution-2018-payments-awards/

Turns out has nothing to do with Ripple. Emailed me their head of PR, Tim Masih:

Just saying how important it is to do proper research and maybe cool the engines a bit.

Good point. Will take your advice. But great to see XRP decoupling and now gaining on BTC.

48 minutes ago, panmores said:

what's your thoughts on this? competitor to ripple or are they helping with ripple's vision?

29 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

what's your thoughts on this? competitor to ripple or are they helping with ripple's vision?

Yeh I think these early birds got a bit dillusioned about slow progress, copied / pasted some Ripple protocol experiences and now have difficulties getting back in and / or keeping up with the momentum Ripple built up.