Coinbase adding BAT: Just another attempt to attenuate XRP adoption?

39 minutes ago, kenrino said:

I don't know about bat but brave browser is pretty good

This is a tough one. If I understand BAT correctly, it relies on and requires the Brave browser. Brave browser is good, but I wouldn’t hinge my hopes on BAT if it requires the masses to convert from Mozilla, Google Chrome and Explorer. Coil seems like a much better approach in the end. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They add it because BAT has an ex Coinbase employee on their advisory board. Same is with 0x. Simple as that. They just want to pump their own bags and dump it on retail investors. It's not working so

Maybe this is all part of a bigger plan. It wouldn't surprise me if they add XRP once all the institutions have build their positions. They certainly don't want the masses to be in before the big play

Not everything is a conspiracy.  This is Coinbase listing coins they own or (ex)employees have a share in.  I would probably do the same in their position.  

Coil-XRP and Brave-BAT needn't be opponents, they deal with different requirements of content providers.

Both have the ability to offer content providers micro-payments based on time engagement but Coil intends to be across all platforms instead of inside a single browser like Brave.

However, importantly, Brave will also allow the user to continue see standard advertising on websites but will pay the user in BAT for the inconvenience of seeing it.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

However, importantly, Brave will also allow the user to continue see standard advertising on websites but will pay the user in BAT for the inconvenience of seeing it.

This isn't implemented yet. We have to wait and see if this will get some traction with people and if it can be implemented on scale.

Chrome's dominance will be very difficult to be smashed. It took 4 years for Chrome to take over Internet Explorer and Firefox as the dominant web browser. Also the percentage of dominance then was near 45% for Firefox not like the 80% of today's Chrome. It's almost impossible for Brave to break the Google monopoly.

I've tested the desktop version of Brave months ago and it was laggy compared to Chrome.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, icebreath said:

This isn't implemented yet. We have to wait and see if this will get some traction with people and if it can be implemented on scale.

Chrome's dominance will be very difficult to be smashed. It took 4 years for Chrome to take over Internet Explorer and Firefox as the dominant web browser. Also the percentage of dominance then was near 45% for Firefox not like the 80% of today's Chrome. It's almost impossible for Brave to break the Google monopoly.

I've tested the desktop version of Brave months ago and it was laggy compared to Chrome.

This^

Im obviously biased but this was the point I was trying to make above. It will be a Herculean effort to get the masses to adopt Brave. I like the Coil model better since it can cross all browsers. I think that XRP will be more efficient also. 

5 hours ago, Xrpforme said:

This^

Im obviously biased but this was the point I was trying to make above. It will be a Herculean effort to get the masses to adopt Brave. I like the Coil model better since it can cross all browsers. I think that XRP will be more efficient also. 

100% agree. You don't have to re-invent the wheel. Interoperability is the key and Ripple does a damn good job.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:58 AM, icebreath said:

brave browser is also interesting because it block ads without any addon or plugin

On 11/4/2018 at 1:58 AM, icebreath said:

I would actually argue that it's only a matter of time before Chrome is dethroned.  History may not exactly repeat itself but it often rhymes.

Lynx > Navigator > IE > FireFox > Safari > Chrome > ?

agree re:Laggy, I've been using Brave for a couple months now and there's a consistent lag