Dario_o

Coinbase adding BAT: Just another attempt to attenuate XRP adoption?

8 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

We all know that Coil could become one of the best solution to monetize Web contents, making altogether ads (and BAT) useless.

What do you think of their move to add BAT?

Just another Etherum boost operation. The promises are many, the deliveries on the other hand... 

37 minutes ago, DavyJones said:

Maybe this is all part of a bigger plan. It wouldn't surprise me if they add XRP once all the institutions have build their positions. They certainly don't want the masses to be in before the big players.

Why is that?

1 hour ago, JBW said:

Why is that?

If the manipulators have to choose one of these scenarios:-

• the masses owning an asset NOW that is cheap, but will be very valuable in the future

OR

• the masses NOT owning an asset NOW that is cheap, but will be very valuable in the future

....1000 times out of 1000, the manipulators will opt for the latter option, not the former.  If you then ask "why?" to that, it's simple: it's about concentrating the wealth into the hands of the manipulators, and not allowing that wealth to be spread out to so many random main street investors.   The manipulators are buying XRP OTC behind the scenes.  Meanwhile, because of the prolonged, manipulated crash...retail investors are NOT buying XRP at all - XRP is terrible in the minds of retail investors because it's so lost so much value (this is how retail investors think).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

2 hours ago, DavyJones said:

Maybe this is all part of a bigger plan. It wouldn't surprise me if they add XRP once all the institutions have build their positions. They certainly don't want the masses to be in before the big players.

Not everything is a conspiracy.  This is Coinbase listing coins they own or (ex)employees have a share in. 

I would probably do the same in their position.

10 minutes ago, Gepster said:

Not everything is a conspiracy.  This is Coinbase listing coins they own or (ex)employees have a share in. 

I would probably do the same in their position.

Yeah, the thing is they are in a tough position. They hired a massive amount of people and then the crash came in and volumes decreased by roughly 80% (not to mention the assets they hold decreased by 70-90% as well). So now if they star adding big coins that they don't own - sure, they'll make a bit more profit from the expected volume (which is not that much in a bear market anyway), but their own bags that they hold will lose market share.

Edited by iLeeT

5 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Yeah, the thing is they are in a tough position.

Will the main stream users see through their lies (we have a framework yadda yadda) and start using a different platform?

I think most people that are into crypto at this point, don't give a damn about brand recognition. 

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

If the manipulators have to choose one of these scenarios:-

• the masses owning an asset NOW that is cheap, but will be very valuable in the future

OR

• the masses NOT owning an asset NOW that is cheap, but will be very valuable in the future

....1000 times out of 1000, the manipulators will opt for the latter option, not the former.  If you then ask "why?" to that, it's simple: it's about concentrating the wealth into the hands of the manipulators, and not allowing that wealth to be spread out to so many random main street investors.   The manipulators are buying XRP OTC behind the scenes.  Meanwhile, because of the prolonged, manipulated crash...retail investors are NOT buying XRP at all - XRP is terrible in the minds of retail investors because it's so lost so much value (this is how retail investors think).

This ... 1000 times. If I could I would give you 1000 likes B)

I forget where I read it, but someone made a comment about XRP not being on Coinbase yet, due to the additional coding that would be required to bring it online.  The coins they currently offer and are adding are either build on ETH or BTC, so a it's easier to add those types as opposed to a whole new animal. 

All I can say is that if it's true, that makes sense.  

At the end of the day, all it would end up being is yet another exchange XRP is listed on.