xrptoolkit

[ANN] XRP Toolkit v0.3.0 Beta Release

Awesome work! Will have a look into it, when I've some spare time!

€:  You offer support to connect a account with gravatar and an URL. Is that a proprietary api? How does it work? Have been looking for that interface for a long time.

Edited by xrp-overflow

10 hours ago, xrp-overflow said:

Awesome work! Will have a look into it, when I've some spare time!

€:  You offer support to connect a account with gravatar and an URL. Is that a proprietary api? How does it work? Have been looking for that interface for a long time.

The XRP ledger supports associating an email hash with an account (https://developers.ripple.com/rippleapi-reference.html#settings), which is the only data needed to perform a Gravatar (https://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/) profile image API request. Bitso, Bitstamp etc. have simply registered a Gravatar account with the corresponding email address and uploaded a profile image (which is the image the XRP Toolkit is showing).

Edited by xrptoolkit

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

1. Not sure what the top right "advanced mode" does?

It currently toggles potentially dangerous account flags under Settings > Properties, such as the Disable Master flag. It also toggles the No Ripple flag under Trust Lines. 

We intend to expand this concept of Basic vs. Advanced mode, as we iterate and introduce even more complex XRPL features. We want to make it really hard to do something really stupid, so to speak.

2 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

2. What about all the other transaction types, especially Payment Channel controls? so ILP compatibility is there

Patience is key. They are coming, take a look at our preliminary roadmap.

16 minutes ago, xrptoolkit said:

We intend to expand this concept of Basic vs. Advanced mode, as we iterate and introduce even more complex XRPL features. We want to make it really hard to do something really stupid, so to speak.

Very important to proactively trip up stupidity, that stuff stumbles into every corner.

What you are saying it does makes sense. I was hoping to click the switch, and see new options show up, but I visually saw no change.

1 minute ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I was hoping to click the switch, and see new options show up, but I visually saw no change.

Login using 'Test Account' and go to Settings > Properties. You should at least be able to see the entire component/card with account flags toggle.

We also use the Advanced toggle to hide some seldom used features, such as Source Tag and Invoice ID on the Payments page.

5 minutes ago, xrptoolkit said:

go to Settings > Properties

I was clicking it, while on other pages. Maybe only display the Advanced option on pages where it has a change in controls. 

I know it's more valuable to hear, "this is confusing, why wont that work" type of feedback... but it does look pretty good. I really like that you have Quality In/Out on the trustlines!

Edited by KarmaCoverage

2 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I was clicking it, while on other pages. Maybe only display the Advanced option on pages where it has a change in controls

Well, it'll eventually toggle memos on basically ALL transaction types, i.e all pages. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Just now, Pablo said:

Fantastic work @xrptoolkit and @RareData. Looking forward to updates on this important toolkit.

Do you have a twitter feed we can follow and tip appropriately? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to support these initiatives to help build (not buidl, please not buidl) the XRP ecosystem. :)

Thanks a lot! Yes, @xrptoolkit

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Got it - I can see the pop-up on the webpage for tips too. You probably want to add your xrptipbot QR code there as well.

Great tip (pun intended), I'll see what we can do.