Stormchaser417

Does XRP Have a Name Problem?

On 11/1/2018 at 3:22 PM, increasedwisdom said:

When it comes to mass adoption, they don't care about investors or the masses.  (other than being able to provide liquidity)

They just want adoption by financial institutions.  Adoption of the services of Ripple (and vicariously XRP).

I get your point, however let's not forget about Coil, Xpring, etc.

2 hours ago, pumpndump said:

Adoption is all that matters and adoption = volume.

Waiting for that!

Dude, do you not realize that despite the magnitude of what Ripple is trying to do, it's going quite fast? This is business. Things that seem simple to the average Joe can and do take years, much less something this complicated. You seem unaware of this and way too impatient to have ever worked in the business sector. 

Edited by Deeznutz

I don't like the zerp slang and all the other crypto words. They are extremely juvenile. I mean hodl? Really?

It devalues the integrity of the community, it sounds like something a middle school kid says.

So I ignore it, and ignore most people that use it. It shows a lack of education and linguistic skills.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:00 PM, Tinyaccount said:

I can’t wait till we all know the proper names for Drop multiples...

100 Drops make a Drizzle.

100 Drizzles per Squirt.

100 Squirts per Zerp.

:)

Sometimes I think I’m a genius.  

Then I’m proven horribly wrong....    :) 

fav post in a long time :lol:

2 hours ago, titi2018 said:

and what does means zerp anyway

Always presumed it's about as close as you can get to saying XRP as a word, in the same way xylophone sounds like a Z, XRP = zerp

Happy to be corrected mind

On 11/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, DividendGamer said:

I don't like the zerp slang and all the other crypto words. They are extremely juvenile. I mean hodl? Really?

It devalues the integrity of the community, it sounds like something a middle school kid says.

So I ignore it, and ignore most people that use it. It shows a lack of education and linguistic skills.

People in business also come up with stupid names, worked on enough projects to attest for the silly project names people put on things... Such as a flood project was called 'Noah'... One project that recently never took off was Project OMG... yep.

17 minutes ago, carpetbelly said:

People in business also come up with stupid names, worked on enough projects to attest for the silly project names people put on things... Such as a flood project was called 'Noah'... One project that recently never took off was Project OMG... yep.

Google, Yahoo, Twitter... sure they are all household names now, but think about the first time you heard them.  Silly non-sense really.

1 hour ago, Zerpple said:

Google, Yahoo, Twitter... sure they are all household names now, but think about the first time you heard them.  Silly non-sense really.

Okay, I can not argue with this point. 

I was the original poster, and so far as I’m concerned, this post settles it. ?

On 11/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, Trickery said:

I wouldn't be too worried, the whole world will be referring to Drops before too long.

Just waiting for the day, it’ll be like “Wow! You’ve got an XRP? I’ve never seen a whole zerp before!”