Hugely impressive blog @Hodor, thanks - and as an XRP Hodler, IMO, your most optimistic to date.:viannen_89::JC_doubleup:

My favourite bits:

"The Big Picture

Is the latest XRP Markets Report what we'd expect to see just prior to xRapid adoption at scale by banks and other large corporates?

Yes."....

"From what I saw at SWELL, along with official statements from Brad Garlinghouse about the first banks using XRP by the end of 2018, I am very confident we are seeing the first rumblings of what could be something truly cataclysmic in scale.The sudden rise in institutional sales should be a big clue."  .......

"The Quarter 3 XRP Markets Report is almost exactly what I expected to see prior to an epic quarter 4, so stay tuned;  Perhaps the next report will contain statistics summarizing xRapid volume."

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn

The rise of xRapid and hence XRP is something very real and tangible that is about to take the world by surprise, along with many in the crypto market.

Kudos for another great article, Hodor.

You do a great job of providing a glimpse. In line with the quote above, something tells me that you've seen enough to not be surprised by the upcoming impact XRP will have on landing. :-)

9 minutes ago, MQB said:

What's your gut feeling about the price EOY by the way?

Of course all of us have numbers that ring around inside our heads, but I haven't sat down to do a formal, rational estimate recently.  When the price manipulation started happening earlier this year with Bitcoin (this is my un-sourced opinion based on the 'barting' chart shapes) I stopped providing any sort of estimates, as it indicated that the crypto market may be suffering from some organized manipulation in the short term.  I'm not trying to FUD; just communicating what I actually believe. 

However, I also believe that XRP has begun to separate (decouple) from Bitcoin's influence, and with institutional use, it should continue this trend even more dramatically IMO. 

But in terms of nuts-and-bolts price predictions?  I'll leave that to better minds that are more qualified - TAs and those that can do a proper fundamental analysis should be the ones doing those estimates.  :D

There are just so many developments to follow I really don't know how you do it?  I'm so appreciative of the work you are doing and without the sensationalist approach.  In this blog the highlights for me are your take on the Q3 report but also the valid concerns which we should be following.  Like you, I really hope the Q4 report is the first to outline XRapid live volume.   Separately, I just got off the phone with one of the Heads of Application Development at ICE/NYSE and he's super excited about their new crypto platform.  I couldn't get too much in the way of details but they are really bullish on this!  

Edited by aavkk

So many developments expanding from a steady centre are impossible to follow in every detail but you manage somehow.  You must be working 24/7 to keep track. Thank you

Surprised you did not mention Wietz Winds XRPtext.com - Such a simple idea that will obviously be copied by the "big boys" and I reflected that the apt domain name he chose will make it that much harder for anyone to knock the inventor off his pole position.

Another development is the XRPBalance.com (not quite as good a domain name) which is constructed from models made by Robert Mitchnick and Susan Athey June 2018.  Susan is a board member at Ripple so this model is likely to reflect the models being used inside Ripple itself even though the calculator was not published by Ripple.  This looks to me like an important development because it gives us clues about what Ripple expect to happen to the price of XRP as XRapid gets adopted.   This information, alongside David Schwartz' comments that XRP needs to be revalued upwards, are beginning to look like a subtle nudge to investors that Ripple now wants prices to start rising.

The "doldrums" have given institutions and start up exchanges (as well us early private investors) excellent low prices to buy stock.  It seems to me that Ripple have been very happy with the Spring crash and long period of low prices, they may even have encouraged institutions not to push the price upwards.   Ripple now has an interest in seeing an XRP price rise to facilitate liquidity on the exchanges serving banks that adopt using XRapid.

Low prices during the setting up phase followed by a bull run as the banks adopt XRapid would be the perfect scenario for their business plan.  It all looks very convenient but maybe it is all chance.  To my mind everything seems to be pointing to behind the scenes preparation of the markets for the large scale adoption of Ripplenet/XRP by banks in coming months.

Edited by Julian_Williams

@Hodor Tnx again for your professional insights and pleasant report. I sincerely hope that you will be with us in the years to come.

This weekend I'll write Wietse an email while I have some ideas concerning the XRPTipbot software. With what he is working on he might even go the direction of an international  XRPPaybot...... (XRP-SEPA interface ....etc...)

My favourite part of your report is surely about the multi-hop function. To have the flexibility in deciding on the cheapest payment route (....being Xrapid) is a huge price booster for XRP.   - A vulcano waiting to explode -

"That last quote was something that every crypto trader should be made aware of;  the rise of xRapid and hence XRP is something very real and tangible that is about to take the world by surprise, along with many in the crypto market.

- Very powerful -

Edited by cryptoxrp