Jump to content

eCash Founder David Chaum Makes Bold Promises with Elixxir Blockchain


Recommended Posts

Thanks to CrytptoEri on Twitter, this is an interesting article

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ecash-founder-david-chaum-makes-bold-promises-elixxir-blockchain/

Quote

Now he claims to have invented the first blockchain in the world with the capacity to handle all the needs of consumer-scale messaging and payments. The new platform, dubbed “Elixxir,” is reportedly able to process hundreds of thousands of confidential, quantum-resistant transactions every second.

What makes it all the more interesting is that it seems our very  own Chris Larsen has invested

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/ripple-co-founder-chris-larsen-invests-into-david-chaums-elixxir-cryptocurrency-platform/

 

Quote

Larsen invested in the consumer-oriented cryptocurrency project, noting that he sees great potential in it. He praised David Chum, saying that:

“David Chaum has been a defender of privacy in the digital world for almost forty years. I am proud to be an early backer of Elixxir and look forward to seeing this consumer-facing blockchain open the door to secure use by millions of individuals in their daily lives.”

 

Edited by mistatee2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

I wonder how Ripple/XRP will fit into the equation??

i've read through the technical brief a few times now and much of it is still a bit over my head just as cobalt was

as i read it i wondered if elements of its consensus/tx ordering be used within ripple's tech or the xrpl in a few years' time

be very interested to hear david schwartz's take on it or some of the ripple devs, for sure they know about it

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

i've read through the technical brief a few times now and much of it is still a bit over my head just as cobalt was

as i read it i wondered if elements of its consensus/tx ordering be used within ripple's tech or the xrpl in a few years' time

be very interested to hear david schwartz's take on it or some of the ripple devs, for sure they know about it

I've just started. At first, I assumed that this was another xPring investment (i.e. similar to how Chris and Stefan invested into Omni) project being built on top of the XRP-Ledger, but upon further analysis, it looks to be another blockchain platform altogether. It doesn't seem as though they have a token or digital asset. I wonder if this platform could potentially be a merger/acquisition by Ripple at some point. From everything I have read so far, it just SCREAMS to be direct competition to Ripple. I just don't see Chris investing into a competing consensus-based platform. I'm thoroughly :scratch_one-s_head:!!!! We have to be missing some crucial bit of insight. Hopefully, we will gain some clarity by EOY or sometime in 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

I've just started. At first, I assumed that this was another xPring investment (i.e. similar to how Chris and Stefan invested into Omni) project being built on top of the XRP-Ledger, but upon further analysis, it looks to be another blockchain platform altogether. It doesn't seem as though they have a token or digital asset. I wonder if this platform could potentially be a merger/acquisition by Ripple at some point. From everything I have read so far, it just SCREAMS to be direct competition to Ripple. I just don't see Chris investing into a competing consensus-based platform. I'm thoroughly :scratch_one-s_head:!!!! We have to be missing some crucial bit of insight. Hopefully, we will gain some clarity by EOY or sometime in 2019.

Like you I think that there are synergies there rather than competition, mainly because of Chris Larsen - why would he look to set up in competition, and the appointment of Amir Sarhangi by Ripple seems to complete the picture for now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

i've read through the technical brief a few times now and much of it is still a bit over my head just as cobalt was

as i read it i wondered if elements of its consensus/tx ordering be used within ripple's tech or the xrpl in a few years' time

be very interested to hear david schwartz's take on it or some of the ripple devs, for sure they know about it

I agree with you - the timing of this is at least a few years hence, but I do see both Ripple and Elixxir working together

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, spondulixrp said:

Note that Larsen calls it a consumer-facing blockchain. XRP is not considered to be consumer-facing by Ripple.

yes because it can (allegedly) scale so much better than the xrp ledger -- supposedly tens of thousands (or more!) of tx per second among other things, like privacy, which again is much better than the xrp ledger in a consumer/retail context

what i want to know is about the design tradeoffs... there is always SOMETHING, even if it's minor

i am especially curious about how it might handle a built-in DEX (decentralized exchange), which xrpl is beautiful for in part due to its tx ordering

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Like you I think that there are synergies there rather than competition, mainly because of Chris Larsen - why would he look to set up in competition, and the appointment of Amir Sarhangi by Ripple seems to complete the picture for now

 

21 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Note that Larsen calls it a consumer-facing blockchain. XRP is not considered to be consumer-facing by Ripple.

I'd still buy a few, if tokens were out...

Speaking of Amir Sarhangi, I think that it's safe to say that something is most definitely the works for Ripple around the development of a platform that is more consumer-facing in light of this most recent hire and Elixxir partnership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we are on the subject of partnerships and hires--from time-to-time, I like to check and see what career positions are currently listed for Ripple. I've noticed something very exciting/interesting in that it looks as if Ripple has filled the Country Manager's Joint Venture position for China!!!! This position had been listed for at least a year. The only position that remains for the Joint Venture Initiative is the Project Manager's position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Since we are on the subject of partnerships and hires--from time-to-time, I like to check and see what career positions are currently listed for Ripple. I've noticed something very exciting/interesting in that it looks as if Ripple has filled the Country Manager's Joint Venture position for China!!!! This position had been listed for at least a year. The only position that remains for the Joint Venture Initiative is the Project Manager's position.

Either that or Ripple has lost all hope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.