XRPaulpawgba

Are we not all on the same team?

Personaly, i'm here and on other related sites to judge the genreal sentiment.

I'm trading hopes, delusions, borderom and anger. 

This market is manipulated and imature at best. And i intend to make a profit out of it.

This whole twitter/reddit/telegramm holy wars are entertaining at best and anoying at most, but they're not phasing me as the noisy people and people that make a difference are not the same. 

That being said, i wish everyone the best. Just dont get consumed by the insanity in this market. 

1 hour ago, XRPaulpawgba said:

Hola friends, 

I acknowledge that this has been a very challenging month to get through following the xRapid announcement on October 1st. Nevertheless, I have seen more hate in the past thirty days than since I began following Ripple and XRP roughly two years ago. Since when did having an XRPchat profile or twitter account make us all insiders and experts? Are we not just contributors? What makes ones opinion more valuable than the other? A good portion of us are all trolls anyways, right? I think it would benefit the community for all of us to simply be respectful of everyone regardless of their opinions. These are uncharted territories we are entering so everyone should stop acting like there are clear bench marking examples to compare XRP and its future value to. This site is obviously for being open minded and having discussions, but the cruelty and hate is just toxic.

We do know : Ripple has partnered with some of the biggest financial institutions in the world and is also supported by massive companies . In a world of manipulation of value and inefficiencies across the board, Ripple and XRP clearly have a future and that should be enough to propel us into where we want to go. The moon.

What we don't know : How XRP will react in the next few months to the incoming rumors. We do not know where the price is headed, or how big this monster can be.

My irrelevant suggestion : Pray for the best, prepare for the worst. I am optimistic that if some things go right, who knows where this price could go? If things go wrong, maybe the price goes back down into the .2-.3 range and the concept is dead. My price prediction is from $.1-$5000 and with that mentality I will never be wrong. The division between 589ers and <1ers is so silly. Shout out BG123 though.

I am definitely a fan of old fashioned raillery, however, cruelty never made anyone's day better. Keep it real guys and have fun.   

Burn the heretics! Kill the mutants! Purge the unclean!

To me it is difficult to understand why any single individual tries to define the whole community, divide members into us and them, when we all are XRP enthusiasts and want to see XRP prosper, gain adoption and raise in value as high as possible.

And before you @XRPaulpawgba or any earlier commentator takes this personally, I do not mean any of you, that is not the point.

The point is, there is plenty of room for all of us, and just like @cmbartley very well pointed out, if 589’s bother you, stop following them and concentrate on the people that make you feel happy and give you energy. Life really is too short to spend it in something that gives you nothing good.

To me... I have found this community very reasonable and full of smart people who can see beyond FUD and hype, but don’t we all admit, last december was huge hype for all of us ?

Edited by P3T3RIS

21 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

I muted any mention of $589 on twitter and it has significantly improved my experience with the #XRPcommunity

At least they'll be gone when we go into 2019. Or at least I hope so.

I'm not up on all the issues you're referring to, but I'd say they are mostly irrelevant.

People try to make things about themselves and inject themselves into things to get attention and feed their ego. 

What impact does this whole ecosystem of XRP talkers and observers have on the success or failure of the project as a whole? Probably not a whole lot in the long run. 

28 minutes ago, Crypto31 said:

I'm not up on all the issues you're referring to, but I'd say they are mostly irrelevant.

People try to make things about themselves and inject themselves into things to get attention and feed their ego. 

What impact does this whole ecosystem of XRP talkers and observers have on the success or failure of the project as a whole? Probably not a whole lot in the long run. 

I do think that perception matters though. In the extreme can take the bitconnect community as evidence that the perception of the community is relevant. The XRP community has a diversity of people with a diversity of connections, or lackthereof, to financial services. Not to mention that much of the price action at the end of 2017 was due to speculation and although not provable, I think that sober-minded FUD blockers helped grease the wheels. I don't think that mathematically unsound predictions help and one could argue that it's ethical to challenge them as it may save someone from making a terrible decision. It's hard to measure but I do think that community has an influence.

In the olden days there were so many people who stumbled upon this forum and were shocked by how much misinformatuon they had received outside of it. The previous community liked to speculate but the speculation was more grounded. I think the wild overspeculation about partnerships and Ripple taking over the world are simply a function of the tent getting larger. It's bound to happen as the community grows. But personally I think it's helpful to try to inject some sanity into FUD:fanboy fights. Only YOU can fight FUD:fanboy fires (the older American forum members might get the reference).

1 minute ago, AlibabaGrp said:

No, everyone is on the same team. The 589 crew aren't people... They are sheep, falling for 15 years old boys who pretend to be women on Twitter *cough* Rachel Pea

589ers are NPCs.

15 hours ago, cmbartley said:

I do think that perception matters though. In the extreme can take the bitconnect community as evidence that the perception of the community is relevant. The XRP community has a diversity of people with a diversity of connections, or lackthereof, to financial services. Not to mention that much of the price action at the end of 2017 was due to speculation and although not provable, I think that sober-minded FUD blockers helped grease the wheels. I don't think that mathematically unsound predictions help and one could argue that it's ethical to challenge them as it may save someone from making a terrible decision. It's hard to measure but I do think that community has an influence.

In the olden days there were so many people who stumbled upon this forum and were shocked by how much misinformatuon they had received outside of it. The previous community liked to speculate but the speculation was more grounded. I think the wild overspeculation about partnerships and Ripple taking over the world are simply a function of the tent getting larger. It's bound to happen as the community grows. But personally I think it's helpful to try to inject some sanity into FUD:fanboy fights. Only YOU can fight FUD:fanboy fires (the older American forum members might get the reference).

I agree the legitimate, honest people on this board have a positive impact. And the substantive, truthful information they post. That's why I come to this forum: for accurate insight into the underworkings on Ripple and XRP. 

In my previous post I was referring to disagreements people may have on here or Twitter. Or outlandish claims like 589 by EOY or 10 minute videos on YouTube with no actual truth to them. I don't think any of that crap matters. 

It should just be ignored and the smart, rational and honest people can have a discussion without all of that.