Sign in to follow this  
XrpWave

omg here we go again CoInBAsE

15 hours ago, Deeznutz said:

Of course it matters. Just because most of us hate Coinbase doesn't mean we shouldn't use them. We need all the exchanges we can get. They're losing their edge because of the growing competition but it would still be a nice addition. It's just business.

Obviously I agree that XRP being added to any exchange is a good thing, particularly one with as many customers as Coinbase. My point was that XRP's success won't hinge on being added to Coinbase or not. In fact, I would say that it is the other way around and that Coinbase's success ultimately will rely on them adding XRP and numerous other digital assets to their exchange to keep them relevant in a constantly expanding and changing market. 

3 hours ago, FelixNYC said:

Forgot who said it but it was exactly as its going down. Coinbase will add xrp, but throw it in between 50 other coins.

I think it was either DustyBC who said that coinbase was going to ''smother XRP'' along with a bunch of other shitcoins made by anonymous 5-man teams and 0 use cases.

I’ve already got XRP listed in my Coinbase Wallet. Just lists the price though, doesn’t actually hold XRP.

Perhaps that’s why my Coinbase Wallet is empty!!!!!!!!!!  Haven’t needed CB in a long time. LBX is cheaper for buying XRP as I don’t need to pay such extreme bank fees, and I hold my XRP in Toast Wallet and on Ledger Nanos.

22A91355-ECE0-44CA-A5FA-F233CCD7BDED.jpeg

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

9 hours ago, caesarmilan said:

Could someone please enlighten me on the significance of Kichiro/Significance of November 5th and onwards.? Would be greatly appreciated. 

Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Gunpowder, treason and plot........ 

Clearly people in Guy Fawkes masks are going to blow up all the fiat!!!!

Remind me to watch V for Vendetta again!

On 10/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, BabyNeedsShoes said:

If Coinbase is preparing IPO and planning on going public, then they don’t have the luxury of loving or hating certain coins.

said so clearly. its like Shakespeare.

There is a changing of the guard occurring this year. The old guard of early Crypto heavyweights and innovators is being ushered out. The new guard of financial markets professionals are being ushered in (Bakkt, Fidelity, etc) and the tribalism is going to give way to fundamentals over the next few years. 

When Bitcoin hits #3, all the people who care about that will panic sell, and I think it will be quite a crash in the end, without a recovery. This will be a "wake up call" to lots of people, and blockchain projects will have to shape up with fundamental systemic innovations (like RippleNet). This may be the "trough of disillusionment", and I hope XRP crashes also, because that will be the last time to buy before the market matures and the price never comes down to those levels again.

Notice Bitstamp just sold, and there have been other acquisitions of crypto exchanges ni the last year

1441569544_producthypecycle.png.9d594a1d314ffbfe3ed23042ba57e043.png

I think we are observing RippleNet "crossing the chasm" also

1585438367_crosingthechasm.thumb.jpg.5b0ae5a9744d5fa782991e35b2abff44.jpg

Edited by KarmaCoverage

@KarmaCoverage thanks, interesting take.

Question - do you think that 'Peak of Inflated Expectations' stage for XRP was at XRP ATH in 2017/early 2018?

And one more - do you think that 'Slope of Enlightenment' and 'Plateau of Productivity' stages will be 2-3 times longer than those stages which had been crossed by now ('Technology Trigger' and 'Peak of Inflated Expectations'?

Edited by WillGetThere
Corrected XRP ATH time

@WillGetThere on Peak of inflated expectations, I think this will come in 2019ish. Once Fidelity and Bakkt, and the equivalent major players in Euro/China/India/etc get their operations fully up to speed.. then the dumbest money will flow in.

Generally you want to sell to dumb money's peak inflated expectations. As the market crashes (im mostly speaking of bitcoin), I'm sure XRP will get dragged down also, this will make a wonderful buying opportunity (maybe not as good/cheap as now) but the reality will be that RippleNet's utility and adoption will be even further developed by then, and the market will just wholly mis-price the thing. IMHO XRP has been undervalued by the market for most of it's entire existence, and Bitcoin has been overvalued (I thought $200 was way overvalued back then, and I still do)

On the 2nd question, I think we are about to enter "Peak of inflated expectations" and bitcoin may set one, possibly 2 more all time highs, then it will flutter for a bit, then set a blaze and burn down like one of those floating Chinese paper candle lamps.

Regarding the comparative time frame "Trough of disillusionment" may last till 2022. This will shake out all of the remaining early crypto heavyweights, and that will end their broad influence on the markets. Once that is done, RippleNet will be matured and it's place in the world will be undeniable. The smart money will stop buying, and the folks who took too long to figure out what the hell was happening, will begin to understand and start to buy. Smart money begins selling out 2022 through 2025, and keeps a good chunk of their portfolio, more or less indefinitely, preferring to earn interest and cashflow on their asset base, rather than cashout for the capital gains.

By 2025 we should have a fully developed yield curve. Right now we are just seeing the beginning of crypto asset lending (hence earning interest) but that only represents the short end of the yield curve. We need the longer term end of the yield curve to develop next. That, and depth and liquidity in crypto derivatives markets. 

Typically the yield curve trends up (higher interest rate earnings) as the time frame of the loan gets longer. Here is a generic example.

842582669_Yieldcurve.jpg.174aff3f3c59c83f196e318f3dd30ada.jpg

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Not sure, if somebody felt the same but in this interview Asif hirji seemed stressed and not as confident and arrogant he used to look in previous interviews. 

58 minutes ago, RDS said:

Not sure, if somebody felt the same but in this interview Asif hirji seemed stressed and not as confident and arrogant he used to look in previous interviews. 

Link please?

1 hour ago, RedRocket said:

Coinbase is our only hope!

lol long gone are those days. It's starting to seem the other way around!

Sign in to follow this