New Wirex payment cards for USA

pdc123

I do love my wirex card. The thing I try hard to resist ;) is putting the money I'm spending this month on fuel, food etc onto the card as XRP & then spend as needed. Or more realistically end up loading more fiat on there cause I don't want to spend my zerps. lol.

0.5% cash back as BTC is nice too

i just dont think very many people will spend crypto like that, even when convenient via a card

most people in crypto are looking to buy and hold for profit, plain and simple

the best role of a digital asset is a currency bridge and liquidity tool

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

i just dont think very many people will spend crypto like that, even when convenient via a card

Exactly. XRP and other secure cryptos are inherently deflationary whereas FIAT is inflationary. You don't wanna hold inflationary asset for long time. Instead you want to make payments with that. That's why xRapid is so revolutionary because in future you can hold lots of XRPs (eliminate the first FX leg) and at the same time source the needed FIAT liquidity while making payments with FIAT. You sell some XRPs while paying but you no longer are exposed to the inflationary FIAT as much as before in order to make payments.

on my wirex app I can swipe between bitcoin, fiat, xrp cards=wallets & either send stuff to it using the wallet address or bank transfer to the card &/or transfer between any of those currencies. When I use it as a normal card in stores it uses the fiat first (plus gives a nice little 0.5% btc cashback).

I believe if I run out of fiat it will just convert the crypto to make the payment, got to look into which it does first actually but I keep enough fiat on there for whatever I'm doing to of not had to do this yet. Basically an easy way to pay for stuff with crypto in shops if so desired.

Fees are reasonable for purchasing zerps although if you are used to making big purchases through the usual exchange route in the most efficient way you will get a marginally better rate. Is also limited to £1k per day. Easy to send the xrp to another address as we are used to..

Dont forget the tipbot [emoji57]

not so worried about taxes as the UK just looks at your overall position in terms of what you've taken out vs put in. OK still need to keep track of those lambo purchases etc but relatively easy.

I did notice they have around a max of £15k (maybe slightly different, that's just using my memory) you can hold in fiat so could be tricky when it moons & want to buy said lambo. Worse problems to have mind.....

Got to test how quickly it transfers XRP out to another wallet as I did have delays sending ETH from there the other month when I just wanted a quick portion for a trade.