curvicurvi

real-time settlement in central bank money without any involvement of DLT or cryptoassets.

I'm not to worried about anything that the EU does. It's a part of the world that no real innovation comes out of.

The EU is like your grandparents, set in their ways and don't see why you need to use a smart phone to look at a map when you can pull out an outdated Rand McNally paper map from 1962, or why look up an address on the internet when you can use a 12" inch thick phonebook to find a phone number in. 

Edited by TheXRPer

16 minutes ago, curvicurvi said:

HOW is it possible ?

I mean, it doesn't smell good guys... :/

I don't think it's  a big deal...this sounds like a retail, SME payments and settlement network within the EU using a digital euro.  It doesn't sound like it's targeting cross-border payments involving different currencies.

It's actually good news because central bank(s) will be working on digitizing their fiat in the EU and so we have more potential players joining Ripple, Stellar's cross-border (cross-border with respect to the unit of currency, not with respect to countries' physical border wherein those countries are using the same unit of currency, like EU members) payment networks.

Edited by enrique11

Of course other companies are going to compete. They're not going to wait for Ripple to run over them. There's room for more than one or two companies in the payments world. In fact, it would be better if there are to foster innovation through competition. Not real worried about this.

1 minute ago, kenrino said:

central bank digital currency (CBDC) is another thing to follow it looks competition to me,

That stands for Central Bank Digital Currency - like the proposed digital Yen (J coin I think)  You can of course us the dlt to send digital yen to America, but you can't spend yen in America. They need to be converted at the other end.  You can have an exchange in America that converts J-coins into Dollars or you can send the money across borders on the XRP bridging donkey which will accept Yen one end and supply Dollars the other end.

TIPS will be developed as an extension of TARGET2 and will settle payments in central bank money. At the beginning, TIPS will only settle payment transfers in euro. However, in case of demand, other currencies could be supported as well