Sign in to follow this  
Xrp2damoon

I could kinda see why it’s difficult!

9 minutes ago, Xrp2damoon said:

The problem with bank transfers is it’s waiting period. When people wanna get in and they see a run up is about to happen, they have to wait days??? When I buy stocks using td ameritrade, I deposit a check and even tho my check isn’t fully cleared I could invest that money into the stocks I want. With crypto exchanges you don’t have that option. You have to go thru a verification process which to a inexperienced individual is a long (at least it seems like that) period. A person who buys weekly, as one member here said, they are use to process so it’s nothing new and they do it. But someone like me who last bought over a year ago, and I had to spend hours setting it up. It’s definitely something that’ll make a lot of people turn they backs.

Check my second post. Use uphold. They let you lock in a price the same way

I keep saying this... The barriers to entry are much too high for the average person. Especially considering the average person with considerable $ to spend on crypto investing is most likely 35+ years old. The most interested investors whom I know are 50+ years old. I am 25 years old, attempting to explain to these poor souls how to create 3D bank authentication for their MasterCard/Visa. Even my two 30-year-old colleagues could not figure it out on their own, and one of them is our facility's IT person.

3 hours ago, Xrp2damoon said:

I also tried Changelly and they don’t support purchases in New York. Crazy. I’m sure once this will be so much easier to purchase btc will start falling and xrp will move up.

Ever try Bittrex? Very solid once you're verified.

27 minutes ago, seasonal said:

Did XRP price go down so you got more?

And yes until it takes less time than buying a pair of slippers off ebay the crypto suffer with growth.

Even if price goes up .10,.20,.50 cents sh!t even a dollar it’ll still be worth buying more. 

I used to buy some ETH on coinbase then send it to Ever coin (Exchange to XRP) then to my toast wallet. Typically took about 10 minutes total. Things don't always need to be difficult.

Edited by Trendkill

3 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

I used to buy some ETH on coinbase then send it to Ever coin (Exchange to XRP) then to my toast wallet. Typically took about 10 minutes total. Things don't always need to be difficult.

And it was that simple on your first buy?

First time I was a little more careful with my copy/pastes and I suppose if I count the time setting up toast wallet etc etc there was more time yes....but now there is Uphold and that takes little to no time at all even for a first time buyer. This is why I don't use that old method.

Edited by Trendkill

13 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

First time I was a little more careful with my copy/pastes and I suppose if I count the time setting up toast wallet etc etc there was more time yes....but now there is Uphold and that takes little to no time at all even for a first time buyer. This is why I don't use that old method.

Is uphold available to all users around the world? I tried Changelly but wasn’t allowed because I can’t purchase in New York. I don’t know why I didn’t go try uphold. But it’s still a long process for a first time buyer. I think once the process will be simplified and not risky as you stated with entering the right wallet address etc we will see a lot more money flowing in.

we are in the very early stages of this market I understand that

18 minutes ago, Xrp2damoon said:

Is uphold available to all users around the world? I tried Changelly but wasn’t allowed because I can’t purchase in New York. I don’t know why I didn’t go try uphold. But it’s still a long process for a first time buyer. I think once the process will be simplified and not risky as you stated with entering the right wallet address etc we will see a lot more money flowing in.

we are in the very early stages of this market I understand that

Copied from their website. These are countries they operate in that they can allow funding and withdrawals.

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States and United Kingdom*. 

I agree though...things could definitely be more plug and play and when that happens to be the norm we will see money flow quicker.

Edited by Trendkill

2 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

Copied from their website. These are countries they operate in that they can allow funding and withdrawals.

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States and United Kingdom*. 

I agree though...things could definitely be more plug and play and when that happens to be the norm we will see money flow quicker.

I will try them out on Thursday/Friday. Will see how it goes and will report.

5 minutes ago, Xrp2damoon said:

I will try them out on Thursday/Friday. Will see how it goes and will report.

Cool...hope it works out for you. Just a note...the whole 3D thing happened for me too so I just linked my bank account instead and make buys that way. It takes several days for the process to clear but the XRP's you buy are locked in at the current price at the time of purchase. It's pretty cool.

Edited by Trendkill