Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xrp2damoon

I could kinda see why it’s difficult!

Recommended Posts

I bought all of my coins way back when prices were lower then .15-.19 cents a piece, so I just recently received my bonus at work and invested it all into xrp as I wasn’t planning on the bonus anyways. As I was looking to place the order I had so many issues, it’s not even funny. I was placing order with one exchange and they require some 3D security that my bank had NO idea what that was. After spending a hour or two calling my bank and getting transferred to MasterCard and then back to my bank I decided I’ll use a different exchange. When I went to another exchange they didn’t sell xrp directly, I had to buy btc and transfer to xrp. I decided I’ll just buy with Coinbase, transfer to my first exchange and transfer btc to xrp. After having issues setting up my debit card with Coinbase because of verification, 6 hours into this mess I finally got my btc, transferred to exchange 1 and I had to wait ANOTHER 50 minutes to receive my btc. In total I spent 7-8 hours buying my xrp. 

What im saying is I see why there are still not enough money in this market. We need a way to be able to buy xrp, simple, and fast. Until that’s available to the market I think we will have a lot of missed money. Someone who wants to spend a few hundred or thousand dollars just to invest in hopes it’ll hit big (which I’m sure there is a ton of people like this) they won’t go thru the hassle I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue but instead I buy ETH and that takes about 15 minutes to transfer. It's during the bullrun most exchanges at least the ones I used didn't need any verification to buy crypto now every exchange I try wants my personal info. I'm like yeah I'll stick to what I've got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Xrp2damoon said:

I bought all of my coins way back when prices were lower then .15-.19 cents a piece, so I just recently received my bonus at work and invested it all into xrp as I wasn’t planning on the bonus anyways. As I was looking to place the order I had so many issues, it’s not even funny. I was placing order with one exchange and they require some 3D security that my bank had NO idea what that was. After spending a hour or two calling my bank and getting transferred to MasterCard and then back to my bank I decided I’ll use a different exchange. When I went to another exchange they didn’t sell xrp directly, I had to buy btc and transfer to xrp. I decided I’ll just buy with Coinbase, transfer to my first exchange and transfer btc to xrp. After having issues setting up my debit card with Coinbase because of verification, 6 hours into this mess I finally got my btc, transferred to exchange 1 and I had to wait ANOTHER 50 minutes to receive my btc. In total I spent 7-8 hours buying my xrp. 

What im saying is I see why there are still not enough money in this market. We need a way to be able to buy xrp, simple, and fast. Until that’s available to the market I think we will have a lot of missed money. Someone who wants to spend a few hundred or thousand dollars just to invest in hopes it’ll hit big (which I’m sure there is a ton of people like this) they won’t go thru the hassle I did. 

Are you referring to Bitstamp?! Seems to be a load of issues there I had the same trouble and ended up using Uphold despite the fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

presume you're USA based? Agree with previous comment I learnt quickly in Dec last year that BTC is not good for getting XRP purchases done ASAP, buy ETH if necessary & send to binance or wherever to turn to XRP. 

Wirex is really easy here in Europe & once you've got the card & registered your bank or debit card you can literally buy XRP direct in the app with a couple of clicks of a button. Limited to £1k per day but so easy comparatively & not noticeably any difference in cost (probably better if you're paying BTC fees in your example). I believe Wirex is coming to USA soon...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mr_Rippling said:

Are you referring to Bitstamp?! Seems to be a load of issues there I had the same trouble and ended up using Uphold despite the fees. 

Yea bitstamp, I guess I’m not the only one who had trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing up and using Coinbase(Pro) and Binance hasn't been any more difficult for me than using Etrade or other brokerage accounts. 

Could it be easier? Yes. If banks and exchanges get more familiar with each other and figure out the security issues.

Having to use wallet addresses and they whole thing is a little less user friendly than buying stocks. 

But buying coins on Coinbase is fairly simple. I don't think that's a primary reason for a lack of investors. 

It just needs to reach that tipping point where crypto and digital assets become totally ubiquitous and the skepticism is silenced. For example when something like Starbucks starts to accept crypto and promote its use. And the average perception finally becomes confident that crypto is the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

presume you're USA based? Agree with previous comment I learnt quickly in Dec last year that BTC is not good for getting XRP purchases done ASAP, buy ETH if necessary & send to binance or wherever to turn to XRP. 

Wirex is really easy here in Europe & once you've got the card & registered your bank or debit card you can literally buy XRP direct in the app with a couple of clicks of a button. Limited to £1k per day but so easy comparatively & not noticeably any difference in cost (probably better if you're paying BTC fees in your example). I believe Wirex is coming to USA soon...….

I also tried Changelly and they don’t support purchases in New York. Crazy. I’m sure once this will be so much easier to purchase btc will start falling and xrp will move up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been dollar cost averaging a little XRP every payday.
decided i wanted to to move some BTC ive been holding in a cold wallet for ages into XRP back when the price was close to its lowest in 2018. I forgot how painful BTC was to move. The exchange wanted 6 blocks confirmation. and because I didnt want to move it all in one go (i like to send a little test first) it turned into an exercise of many hours.
the xrp back to my cold wallet was of course, instant.

the more people go through this experience, especially new people, the more they naturally gravitate to XRP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I was all set up and verified, Kraken was a breeze. The only issue that I've ever had with Kraken is that you can't directly send xrp from one persons account to another. I had a couple friends that wanted to buy xrp last year right before the run and were afraid that they'd miss out on sub .25¢ prices while waiting to get their accounts up and running with all the verification process. Once they were set up later,  I transferred their xrp from my Nano Ledger S - very easy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraken was difficult for me because of how they verify. (brain damage isn't good for consistent handwritting). Uphold was a breeze. Fees are high unless you buy directly to xrp or other directly from bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tehol_Beddict said:

Just use your bank account instead of a debit/credit card. Wait the time it takes for funds to arrive at exchange. Problem solved. Don’t see this being an issue to prevent anyone from entering the market.

On uphold, you can even lock in the current price:

https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000967306-How-to-Lock-In-The-Current-Market-Rate-Instantly-via-Bank-Transfer?mobile_site=true

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Just use your bank account instead of a debit/credit card. Wait the time it takes for funds to arrive at exchange. Problem solved. Don’t see this being an issue to prevent anyone from entering the market.

The problem with bank transfers is it’s waiting period. When people wanna get in and they see a run up is about to happen, they have to wait days??? When I buy stocks using td ameritrade, I deposit a check and even tho my check isn’t fully cleared I could invest that money into the stocks I want. With crypto exchanges you don’t have that option. You have to go thru a verification process which to a inexperienced individual is a long (at least it seems like that) period. A person who buys weekly, as one member here said, they are use to process so it’s nothing new and they do it. But someone like me who last bought over a year ago, and I had to spend hours setting it up. It’s definitely something that’ll make a lot of people turn they backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xrp2damoon said:

I bought all of my coins way back when prices were lower then .15-.19 cents a piece, so I just recently received my bonus at work and invested it all into xrp as I wasn’t planning on the bonus anyways. As I was looking to place the order I had so many issues, it’s not even funny. I was placing order with one exchange and they require some 3D security that my bank had NO idea what that was. After spending a hour or two calling my bank and getting transferred to MasterCard and then back to my bank I decided I’ll use a different exchange. When I went to another exchange they didn’t sell xrp directly, I had to buy btc and transfer to xrp. I decided I’ll just buy with Coinbase, transfer to my first exchange and transfer btc to xrp. After having issues setting up my debit card with Coinbase because of verification, 6 hours into this mess I finally got my btc, transferred to exchange 1 and I had to wait ANOTHER 50 minutes to receive my btc. In total I spent 7-8 hours buying my xrp. 

What im saying is I see why there are still not enough money in this market. We need a way to be able to buy xrp, simple, and fast. Until that’s available to the market I think we will have a lot of missed money. Someone who wants to spend a few hundred or thousand dollars just to invest in hopes it’ll hit big (which I’m sure there is a ton of people like this) they won’t go thru the hassle I did.  

Did XRP price go down so you got more?

And yes until it takes less time than buying a pair of slippers off ebay the crypto suffer with growth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...