Amazing development, just wait: other developers will turn to Wietse and his team to implement the function in already established applications in the iOS and Android ecosystems. Then maybe; developers for Playstation and Xbox.

Edited by mandelbaum

"However, I think it's important to support new, independent crypto news outlets such as the International Cryptocurrency News Network (ICNN), and I've decided to capitalize on my ICNN guest editorial to talk about XRP's most viral, community-developed application."

I believe many newcomers do not realise how big this is for our community! You have been THE voice of our community, primus inter pares! More people reading your posts means more awareness, more attention, more everything... to XRP !

Great News!

I'm just throwing this out there, but if we could get Hodor to be president, people would REALLY know about XRP.

think about it.. all the pens he'd use to sign things could have the Ripple logo.

if anyone here owns a business or restaurant.. include the tipbot! be the first!

Edited by MegaNerd

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

Great news! Now if only someone would tip me 1,000,000 xrp! :lol:

Luckily @xrptipbot has a check for "over max tip" or there would be a lot of drained tip bot accounts by now... 

The new app lets you tip up to 20 xrp; the online check was 5 zerps last time I checked. 

3 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

if anyone here owns a business or restaurant.. include the tipbot! be the first!

As a community we can actually initiate that by tipping each restaurant we visit through their Twitter handle. It will make them curious (and if they want to claim it, they will have to log in ?). 

If succesfull on the long term, it could even serve as an alternative rating to for example zoover (how many actual tips did a restaurant receive ?).

10 minutes ago, Amigo said:

As a community we can actually initiate that by tipping each restaurant we visit through their Twitter handle. It will make them curious (and if they want to claim it, they will have to log in ?). 

If succesfull on the long term, it could even serve as an alternative rating to for example zoover (how many actual tips did a restaurant receive ?).

in order to post here, it should be required to tip .0001 XRP per post.. to me.

38 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Still - I do not get this XRP Tip Bot Hype.

Well to a certain extend hypes are not ment to be understood... ?. Pogoballs, looming, fidget spinners.. they are for the fun of it mostly and maybe technically not even the most complex ones.. yet very hard to time it into a market. In this case I think it is not even ment as a commercial idea but more developed as a technical challenge, yet I do think it is (unintentionally) very well timed and could take of big time. What other thing is out there to tip somebody through a tweet (whilst Twitter is so broadly used) and the receiver is able to actually moneytize it if needed, or retip it bolstering adoption even further. Combined with a geek user base like us starting it off towards potential mass adoption (beyond complimenting tweets, so for example restautants).. that would be so funny and crazy.. just like hypes should be ?.

Edited by Amigo