JA8

Swift: "If Ripple can package their tech to work with ours, then we're open to collaboration"

Posted (edited)

Todd McDonald - R3 - New York30 April, 2019, 21:55 0 likes

Hi Carlo. thanks for taking the time to put together the post. I wanted to correct one (v important!) thing about the post. Corda Settler does not require the use of XRP. Corda Settler allows users to integrate and interact with other payment rails, both traditional and cryptocurrecy rails. XRP happened to be the first sample integration. The SWIFT work is not in any way associated with XRP. thanks

Edited by yxxyun

3 minutes ago, ON_eVolutions said:

Ripple is (was) already interacting/cooperating with SWIFT. Did you miss the R3, Corda, ripplenet, SWIFT GPI story?

I’m all in on XRP and know that XRP will prevail.  I’m a little confused on this Corda settler subject.  I hate being negative but just wanted clarification  I reckon we will see results soon. Exciting times.

https://www.finextra.com/blogposting/17188/blockchain-corda-settler-ripple-and-swift-a-mariage-a-trois

And the comment under the article by Todd McDonald- R3 New York?

Todd McDonald - R3 - New York30 April, 2019, 21:55 0 likes

“Hi Carlo. thanks for taking the time to put together the post. I wanted to correct one (v important!) thing about the post. Corda Settler does not require the use of XRP. Corda Settler allows users to integrate and interact with other payment rails, both traditional and cryptocurrecy rails. XRP happened to be the first sample integration. The SWIFT work is not in any way associated with XRP. thanks”

681FC586-51D9-4840-80E1-D23FDF5CAE00.png

1 minute ago, ZerpTidalWave said:

I’m all in on XRP and know that XRP will prevail.  I’m a little confused on this Corda settler subject.  I hate being negative but just wanted clarification  I reckon we will see results soon. Exciting times.

https://www.finextra.com/blogposting/17188/blockchain-corda-settler-ripple-and-swift-a-mariage-a-trois

And the comment under the article by Todd McDonald- R3 New York?

Todd McDonald - R3 - New York30 April, 2019, 21:55 0 likes

“Hi Carlo. thanks for taking the time to put together the post. I wanted to correct one (v important!) thing about the post. Corda Settler does not require the use of XRP. Corda Settler allows users to integrate and interact with other payment rails, both traditional and cryptocurrecy rails. XRP happened to be the first sample integration. The SWIFT work is not in any way associated with XRP. thanks”

681FC586-51D9-4840-80E1-D23FDF5CAE00.png

I apologize. This subject is in another thread as well. Oops

Posted (edited)

People also assume because R3 received whatever amount of XRP they did, they are automatically integrating XRP. There was money on the line there, a lot of it. That's probably, I'm guessing, why they wanted the XRP first and foremost. R3 may do more than just integrate it as an option at some point but I didn't see the settlement as 'now everything's running on XRP'. This innuendo stuff has been going on forever, it's actually bizarre. I still have no idea what the hell's going on and it has nothing to do with paying a nanosecond of attention to the Twitter hopium zeroes.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ON_eVolutions said:

*facepalm*   read what you just wrote :)

Do you even read the press releases from SWIFT? They have stated multiple times its not Ripple, its existing RTGS from places like Singapore that have zero to do with Ripple.

That's the problem with you hopium addicts. Whenever someone mentions "settlement", you think it has be to Ripple. Many countries have their own RTGS systems that aren't Ripple based.

Edited by Archbob

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, musclehog said:

bruh

This is why we call crap like this hopium. SWIFT has recently said they hooked into countries' own RTGS systems(nothing to do with Ripple) to do instant settlement.

When SWIFT has straight up said multiple times themselves that it has nothing to do with Ripple/XRP and R3 has confirmed what they said, it falls into the category of "idiotic hopium".

Edited by Archbob

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ON_eVolutions said:

Ripple is (was) already interacting/cooperating with SWIFT. Did you miss the R3, Corda, ripplenet, SWIFT GPI story?

Once again, you failed to do Research and just assumed R3 has to equal XRP, which is not true. They've stated multiple times that it has nothing to do with Ripple. SWIFT doesn't need Ripple and Ripple doesn't need SWIFT.

Edited by Archbob

I think this became something bigger than it should've been frankly and I lost a ton of money if not all buying in a while ago. One has to trust management and their words, their Tweets, their interviews. That is poor form right now. Consider this the jelly manifesto:

As it stands there cannot be a single major public figure who pronounces XRP as a 'use case'. Is this conspiracy, is it hopium, we just don't know. Pivoting a PB and J sandwich is tough to do but you can do it. Do you want Strawberry Jelly with that Peanut Butter or Peach Jelly with that Peanut Butter, or let's switch the Peanut Butter around and do Almond Butter now with your Grape Jelly. Retail is being bled, public trust is being lost, greed is not good, and for a payments system meant to improve the world, it looks like a system meant to speed up wealth intake in my opinion. Don't even start with the people who can't afford the piece of bread to make the sandwich. Something has been taken from the world, not because of my bad investment decision, something of efficiency; that is now up for debate.

2 hours ago, Archbob said:

Do you even read the press releases from SWIFT? They have stated multiple times its not Ripple, its existing RTGS from places like Singapore that have zero to do with Ripple.

That's the problem with you hopium addicts. Whenever someone mentions "settlement", you think it has be to Ripple. Many countries have their own RTGS systems that aren't Ripple based.

If only @Finesse could get his head around this.

6 hours ago, ON_eVolutions said:

"Story" you mean imagination?