Swift: "If Ripple can package their tech to work with ours, then we're open to collaboration"

JA8

This collaboration is going to happen in some form or another, can't say when but you have to love the pandering both sides are doing to "We don't have any Taboos in terms of collaboration as long as it make $$$ is what is really meant to be said here."  I think the only thing to figure out is who is going to get the lions share here with that I mean who's going to be in control.  I think Ripple has more to offer and will potentially eat a nice chunk of SWIFT's customer if they don't play the game right but I think they are both realizing the potential of a collaboration. I mean look at it this way SWIFT gains a tech arm and Ripple taps in to all SWIFTS clients.  SWIFT needs Ripple.  We are about to see ego's get checked at the door in lieu of real business decisions that have implications on future survival soon.  I was always told  "Money talks and BS walks and never say never!!"

Edited by Guest

“If you remember VHS versus Betamax, it was universally accepted that Betamax was the best technology but in the end VHS won. "

I'm getting so tired of this analogy that is constantly being brought forward by proponents of inferior technology. No, Betamax may have had better image quality, but VHS was the first format on which you could record 2 hours = a full length movie. And the machines were cheaper. So, VHS provided better tech to solve a problem (recording a movie), for a lower price. That is why VHS won. Now apply that to Ripple's cheaper solution to better solve the payments problem.

9 minutes ago, lucky said:

“If you remember VHS versus Betamax, it was universally accepted that Betamax was the best technology but in the end VHS won. "

I'm getting so tired of this analogy that is constantly being brought forward by proponents of inferior technology. No, Betamax may have had better image quality, but VHS was the first format on which you could record 2 hours = a full length movie. And the machines were cheaper. So, VHS provided better tech to solve a problem (recording a movie), for a lower price. That is why VHS won. Now apply that to Ripple's cheaper solution to better solve the payments problem.

He's actually admitting that Ripple has the better tech. He's saying that Swift has the network, so even if their tech isn't as good, it won't matter. Personally, I think this may be a little naive. I think it's extremely positive however that Swift is saying that they're open to a collaboration. I also think it's rather embarrassing that Marcus Treacher has been recently quite negative about Swift.

circa 2016

Marcus Treacher

"SWIFT has run Ripple in its labs and is totally up to speed with what Ripple does. I guess the problem is whereas we are fresh and we are new, we haven't got our feet on the ground and we are establishing our network. SWIFT has got a humongous legacy. It moves the GDP of the world every three days.

"They are very cautious for a good reason. It just takes some time but we are in dialogue with them. We are speaking to their top brass and given time I feel positive," said Treacher.

they all keep going round in circles