Ripple Insights | Q3 2018 XRP Markets Report

DreXRP

Is there any indication of what the source of the number used for volume traded globally, i.e., the denominator used to arrive at 17.2 basis points?:

In Q3 2018, Ripple sold $65.27 million worth of XRP programmatically. This represented 0.172 percent, or 17.2 basis points of the total XRP volume traded globally in the third quarter.

I'm mainly curious to know whether the volume figure used in the calculation has parameters which would exclude wash trading on certain exchanges with artificially inflated volume.  I assume it would very much be in its interest to keep that volume figure accurate and to exclude false volume because otherwise third parties/former employees could point to that same volume as grounds to justify inflating their own sales.

2 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Still amazed how such a relatively small startup in an emerging market needs to sell $1M per day of their own assets to stay afloat when their software & consulting premiums already. 

this point makes no sense..if they hold somthing, and their is a  buyer why would they not sell it?

27 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Still amazed how such a relatively small startup in an emerging market needs to sell $1M per day of their own assets to stay afloat when their software & consulting premiums already. 

they're not doing it primarily to keep afloat, but what business won't make some cash while it can, but they do need the zerps out in the real world to really get their business working.

I really don't get your point, the business model & the ripplenet ecosystem wouldn't get stronger by them not selling them or by giving them away??? Equally dumping the lot would be a rubbish idea hence why they are being programmatically sold at a relatively slow & consistent way.

29 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

the business model

Still amazed how such a relatively small startup in an emerging market needs to sell $1M per day of their own assets to stay afloat given their software & consulting premiums already. 

Edited by Jugular

41 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Still amazed how such a relatively small startup in an emerging market needs to sell $1M per day of their own assets to stay afloat given their software & consulting premiums already. 

the property rental for that san fran office alone must be yuuuge! they're right in the financial district

and they're paying top dollar for the brightest minds

33 minutes ago, Jugular said:

You know, repeating yourself isn't going to make your zinggg any more true. Exclusively mentioning $1M but explicitely excluding Ripple's gargantuan expansion and growth by downplaying it when you say 'to stay afloat', is downright biased and undeserving of that sassyness.  

1 hour ago, Dutchpinoy said:

Ripple's gargantuan expansion

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Dude are you a glitch in the matrix repeating yourself?

I **** you not, guys, on my bucketlist before I die- I want to “unmask” a bot on here and mess with it. Let me know if you find one. Fascinating...

11 hours ago, Jugular said:

Afloat =/= expansion. Repeat all you want.

4 hours ago, Dutchpinoy said:

Afloat

Yes! I am also amazed how such a relatively small startup in an emerging market needs to sell $1M per day of their own assets to stay afloat given their software & consulting premiums already.