DreXRP

Ripple Insights | Q3 2018 XRP Markets Report

https://ripple.com/insights/q3-2018-xrp-markets-report/

Ripple sells $163 million in XRP amidst rising volatility and volume in Q3 2018

Ripple sales accounted for 0.43 percent of global XRP volume

Three billion XRP released out of cryptographic escrow, 2.6 billion XRP returned to escrow

Wall Street firms take early steps towards providing institutional custody of digital assets

Nice jump from Q2 direct sales to institutions ($16.87 million in Q2)

In addition, XRP II, LLC — a Ripple subsidiary that is a registered and licensed money service business (MSB) — sold $98.06 million worth of XRP in institutional direct sales. In total, the company sold $163.33 million worth of XRP in Q3.

****! I think 2019 will be a good year ? Ripple said the low volitality is due to wallstreet coming in. Me thinks Wallstreet is doing this to proof they can hold Bitcoin stable if they want so ETF gets approved. Also bakkt and fidelity are around the corner

Note: only an opinion!

Edited by AlibabaGrp

Probably, they've "sold more" this quater because of the litigation and settlement with R3 folks - so, it's not a real "institutional investment", just someones greed.

Edited by Alex1

1 minute ago, Alex1 said:

Probably, they've "sold more" this quater because of the litigation and settlement with R3 folks - so, it's not a real "institutional investment", just someones greed.

Pretty sure it was way more that was sold to R3..dont think these figures include that at all.

3 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

I'm not a financial person. What exactly does this mean?

"Ripple sold $65.27 million worth of XRP programmatically." 

It means they sold that specific amount of XRP to fund business investments. Could be through their xPring platform, Coil, etc..

10 minutes ago, Chris_Reeves said:

It means they sold that specific amount of XRP to fund business investments. Could be through their xPring platform, Coil, etc..

Thanks! I understood the difference of direct vs programmatic but the target was what I was searching for. That makes sense Ripple and their Xpring partners or Coil have a sales channel that is "streaming" and on demand. Damn xrp is cool! 

Edited by LordVetinari