panmores

Currently not a single xRapid position open @ Ripple careers

Recently there were a few xRapid-related job openings:

https://ripple.com/company/careers/all-jobs/

I take it as a sign those positions are filled and development is steaming ahead.

Yet there's a new item:  XRP Markets - All Open Positions!

https://ripple.com/company/careers/all-jobs/#xrp-markets-all-open-positions

Sweet.

Also they're no longer looking for the Creative Director, while they're STILL after (all these months) the Brazil country manager and those three China top positions.

10 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Odd, I would actually expect some open xrapid positions if things were really hot. I don't necessarily see this as a good thing

a different take: throwing more developers at a problem doesn't necessarily make it happen faster :)

Edited by madswaggler

21 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Odd, I would actually expect some open xrapid positions if things were really hot. I don't necessarily see this as a good thing

Or new hirings bring in their own network / connections, with no more need to post job openings.

That's why I also referred to the China openings. That's more worrisome that after I'd say a year they're still there.

Edited by panmores

18 minutes ago, princesultan said:

It could go either way, you know?

No openings = full steam ahead...or it isn't used enough to warrant more resources right now
Several openings = we can't find anyone willing to do this....or we can't stay afloat!

If there have been many applicants they might temporarily remove the listings until they have conducted interviews. They might relist open positions again if

they do not fill the positions with the pool of applicants they got.

Edited by mandelbaum

Ripple is a responsible company, unlike many others that over hired in December and are desperately trying to stay relevant (*coughs coinbase* (**coughs again might be getting sick**))

We want to see them take a smart approach,adding jobs when departments are stretched too thin

My gosh speculation based on whether Ripple is hiring or not come on guys! Typically after you get candidates for your advertisement (Meet your quota) you screen those candidates for the best fit, in that process you take down the advertisement you wouldn't want to have 100 candidate to screen and another 100+ apps come in and say you hire 2 or 3 out of the initial pool now your sending almost 300 Thanks but no thanks letters out instead of just 70.  Get a grip here!!

3 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

My gosh speculation based on whether Ripple is hiring or not come on guys! Typically after you get candidates for your advertisement (Meet your quota) you screen those candidates for the best fit, in that process you take down the advertisement you wouldn't want to have 100 candidate to screen and another 100+ apps come in and say you hire 2 or 3 out of the initial pool now your sending almost 300 Thanks but no thanks letters out instead of just 70.  Get a grip here!!

Seriously. I can't believe the career postings is a speculation about operations of the xRapid product at this point. 

37 minutes ago, Statflow said:

Seriously. I can't believe the career postings is a speculation about operations of the xRapid product at this point. 

Actually, a retired hedge fund manager friend of the family, once told me how critically they would look at a companies hiring. He said that they could often tell by these postings, whether or not a company was enjoying healthy growth due to expansion. He also told me about other great lengths that these funds would go to in order to scrutinize companies carefully. He even described that once, his firm paid farm workers in China to count loaded trucks leaving the adjacent plant so that they could approximate production output. EVERYONE wants insider info, so speculate away as I always love a little different perspective than my own.

9 minutes ago, WuWei said:

Actually, a retired hedge fund manager friend of the family, once told me how critically they would look at a companies hiring. He said that they could often tell by these postings, whether or not a company was enjoying healthy growth due to expansion. He also told me about other great lengths that these funds would go to in order to scrutinize companies carefully. He even described that once, his firm paid farm workers in China to count loaded trucks leaving the adjacent plant so that they could approximate production output. EVERYONE wants insider info, so speculate away as I always love a little different perspective than my own.

I think that it's fine for a high level view of a company's health and activity from a different perspective, sure. But to speculate about a specific product that went live a couple weeks ago (in this case, xRapid) seems like it's going way too deep unnecessarily. Just my two zerps. 

As a financial services technology recruiter there are too many variables at play to make any accurate assumptions based on the info we have.   I'll try to carve out some time before the weekend to use my LinkedIn recruiter account to try and dig on who's joined Ripple in the past 3-6 months and cross reference them with the postings.  Still, that's not perfect as some people don't use LinkedIN and others decide not to reveal where they moved to until well down the road.  

10 hours ago, princesultan said:

10 hours ago, madswaggler said:

a different take: throwing more developers at a problem doesn't necessarily make it happen faster :)

I agree @madswaggler. Case in point: Ethereum's scaling issues!!! How many engineers have been/are working on Casper and Plasma? Now, I completely understand the complexities of building such platforms etc. However, I also know that "too many hands trying to stir the pot" can also be counter-productive as well. 

Edited by King34Maine

10 hours ago, panmores said:

Or new hirings bring in their own network / connections, with no more need to post job openings.

That's why I also referred to the China openings. That's more worrisome that after I'd say a year they're still there.

The China job postings are a bit more complicated than it appears. China has zero tolerance for disruption of any kind to their financial framework. Also, Ripple, being a US-based Fintech, will be under even more scrutiny in the eyes of the Chinese government etc. Plus, you throw in the geo-politico issues that are going on between the US and China over tariffs et al further complicates entry into the country's financial district.  If you haven't noticed those China job postings report directly to Okita Takashi, SBI-Ripple Consortium CEO and not Brad G. I think the Ripple team is smart to let SBI take the lead role in navigating the entry points into China, while they focus on the technology. I'm not saying Ripple won't have a say, but they will just have a more behind the scenes role (i.e. silent partner).

Edited by King34Maine