Sign in to follow this  
GrayFox

Temenos - Real-time payments. The time is now

1 hour ago, Uloveme said:

Is there any news about when Ripple tech will be available via t24?

As far as I know Temenos commissioned Bluezelle to create a POC offered as a cloud solution where it connects T-24 customers to Ripple suites through their cloud solutions . Temenos since has been encouraging banks to switch to cloud based banking but it's a huge hurdle for banks. 

Ripple might not be offered directly through T-24 but through cloud based solutions like Bluezelle and Microsoft. We might be a few years away from cloud based banking but it's happening really fast and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within the next 5 years in line with domestic RTGS revamps.

I find it positive that the COO of Paypal is even willing to consider to utilize cryptocurrencies for cross-border payments. After PayPal have implemented their new Temenos system they can choose to settle some of their payments via DLT.

I don't know about that COO but imho it is entirely possible that he has never heard or at least paying attention to XRP before. He may still think that bitcoin is the state of the art blockhain with its settlement time in 7-8 minutes.

Just now, hallwaymonitor said:

I find it positive that the COO of Paypal is even willing to consider to utilize cryptocurrencies for cross-border payments. After PayPal have implemented their new Temenos system they can choose to settle some of their payments via DLT.

I don't know about that COO but imho it is entirely possible that he has never heard or at least paying attention to XRP before. He may still think that bitcoin is the state of the art blockhain with its settlement time in 7-8 minutes.

The only thing that I can process from this - and I'm having a hard time doing that, with this huge smile - is that PayPal's COO is named "Bill Ready". :)

I recall Peter Thiel being vocally supportive of BTC but never a peep about XRP from him.  Of course, what they speak about publicly and do privately are often conflicting.  You can be absolutely sure they are aware of Ripple and XRP.

55 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

When the competition starts getting intense, xCurrent will shift into xRapid gear in a hurry IMO.

Check this out.. https://www.finder.com/international-money-transfers

image.thumb.png.8dae9dd097cbf87a3ea8e2568a64530a.png

Very interesting, that really puts the heat on.  I agree this sort of site is going to accelerate adoption of the most efficient payment channels. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

3 hours ago, aavkk said:

You can be absolutely sure they are aware of Ripple and XRP.

When someone starts talking about cross border payment in terms of crypto, you can bet your shorts, they know about xRapid and XRP. It’s sort of a given and a nod and a wink to XRP folks. Remember everytime Christine Lagarde talked about crypto being best for cross border without mentioning XRP and we’d be like, we got you girl..😉😉

Sign in to follow this