Sign in to follow this  
Biker

Diversify or not

14 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

Many of you guys know much more than me. Just wanted to throw in there that silver is really affordable right now. My hobby is collecting American Eagles but bullion is fine too. This would be a tiny part of your portfolio but if prices are really good right now, why not?

Agreed silver is a great store of wealth. Look into silver and there is some real questions to silver pricing compared to gold. Gold has some real problems with "paper gold". Would be nice to see some sensible regs to pin back the ETFs. 

You think all the mega rich people diversified? Not at first. Yea they did later on to hold onto the money they made. But to make the big money, you need to go big and you need to take big calculated risks.

It's no different than the fella working for 10 years saving money to start a business, high chance his business will die but he does it because he's an entrepreneur. 

I don't see any other assets gaining like Cryptos. If XRP isn't 20-30% higher than it is next year this time, it's a bad sign fundamentally

Edited by AlibabaGrp

No particular reason. Bought them long ago, they skyrocketed shortly after, and I have them ever since. Seems to be dead by now, but I am still in the green with them so.. why not?

Whats your view on XVG? Any other suggestions?

5 hours ago, Biker said:

Any advice? 

First, don't listen to youtubers when making financial decisions (this is not a financial advice ;) ), especially don't let yourself hype by people "connecting dots" or telling you "why xrp will be the global asset". Think rationally and try to wrap your head around what is actually officially stated (aka what are facts), and what is wishful thinking & hopium.

Second, when talking about diversification, talk about diversification of asset classes. You did not really diversify if you own BTC, XRP and XLM. Stocks, ETFs, maybe real estate, there is a variety of assets that are far less risky and make your portfolio more solid.

38 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

You think all the mega rich people diversified? Not at first. Yea they did later on to hold onto the money they made. But to make the big money, you need to go big and you need to take big calculated risks.

YES, all in or nothing! 0.0003%* success rate! "Going big" is the key!!!11 WTF is that even supposed to mean? Big calculated risks? Seriously?

* Asked my broken 10 years old calculator. Still as legit as other "calculations". 

Thanks, I appreciate the many answers. Maybe I should look into paper silver. The physical they put full VAT on in my country unfortunately. 

Somehow I can rectify my large xrp stack with the fact that my best friend (same life situation, kids and house and stuff) puts the same amount of money into nice fresh cars. I drive a ten year old car with many kilometers on it. At least his cars have like guaranteed -15% yearly "dividend". Crypto might do better!

Assuming you're just talking about diversifying within crypto, I'd suggest mixing it up. Look at CMC and pick 3 coins from top ten (1xPOW, 1xPOS, 1xUtility token) with 60% of your money. Do the same from top fifty with 30% and the same for some wild-cards from top 100 with the remaining 10%.

Edited by Badger

4 hours ago, Makanakis said:

No particular reason. Bought them long ago, they skyrocketed shortly after, and I have them ever since. Seems to be dead by now, but I am still in the green with them so.. why not?

Whats your view on XVG? Any other suggestions?

My view is the dev is a scammer and a pos.

Real Estate, Gold(Physical only) and Crypto along with some Gemstones.

20 hours ago, Biker said:

I just can't help but thinking, why not buy the zerps back.. they'll be worth more than 0,45$ a year from now anyway?

I would appreciate sober views on my thinking.

Currently I have a portfolio with 80% XRP + smaller bags of ETH, ETC and LTC.
Personally I would be very unhappy if XRP takes off and I didn't seize the oportunity we all recognized.
Would you accept the fact that you didn't invest your leftovers in a few years?

Sign in to follow this