Domp_Eet

Anyone feel like it's too late?

30 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Agree then.xrp will significantly increase in price after 18 years and not 3 months!

:) Although it can’t be easily seen, the dot com bubble chart I posted above shows Apple reclaiming its 2000-era ATH by around 2005. 

I do agree with you though, the longer the timeframe we consider, the more likely it is that we’ll see XRP breaking its ATH. Three months does seem a little soon to me, but it’s entirely possible. Personally I think somewhere between 3-12 months (largely based on utility, but peppered with speculation)

Cryptocurrencies are still in their infancy. Think about it, there are very few real uses out there for them at this time. What can you buy with crypto? Maybe a few things with BTC,  but not much. xRapid was just lauched, but there is very little real usage of XRP at this time. There are many companies trying to figure out how to build ecosystems around this technology. Some of them will be successful and the demand will increase dramatically as a result. I've been investing since 2013. Trust me they typically trade either flat or negative most of the time. The big gains come in short and sudden bursts. You have to be patient. Invest, have a 5-year horizon, and forget about it. Day traders almost always end up losing compared to the HODLers.

1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

Agree then.xrp will significantly increase in price after 18 years and not 3 months!

XRP/Ripple is much bigger than apple. Apple is a branch, producing and selling hardware and has many competitors on the market place.

XRP/Ripple with IOV are completely changing financial industry in terms of transactions.

There are a few who have a clue what will happen in all industries when you change transaction times from days to seconds.

That’s why I expect XRP price to raise a lot faster then any other commodity. Maybe I’m wrong also but this is how I see the whole picture.

14 hours ago, _harry_ said:

In terms of News, I feel nothing has changed from November 2017 to November 2018. Just the price is double which is quite good. I do not know if we will see the raise of Dec last year. which was crazy.

I still wonder why It happened to the whole crypto market but I think It's quite reasonable that It will happen anytime in the future as we are early adopters.

Some cryptos will grow anytime. There are too many. When concentrated in a few the market will boom.

When? who knows...

5 years... 10 years... ??

In terms of news I feel the complete opposite.  From the countless partnerships, Coil, Xrapid going LIVE, Xpring etc etc the news from Nov 17- Nov 18 has been never ending.  Does your investment feel more secure now in Nov 18 (almost) than it did in Nov 17.  To me the answer is obvious because the news and developments over the past year even though the price doesn't always reflect that.

6 hours ago, Babelly said:

In terms of news I feel the complete opposite.  From the countless partnerships, Coil, Xrapid going LIVE, Xpring etc etc the news from Nov 17- Nov 18 has been never ending.  Does your investment feel more secure now in Nov 18 (almost) than it did in Nov 17.  To me the answer is obvious because the news and developments over the past year even though the price doesn't always reflect that.

Obviously I did not explain properly.

News are great and I feel very possitive about my investment but this market is still very small as it's just the beggining and we are early adopters.

News do not affect price because crypto is not a mainstream investment 200B$ (https://coinmarketcap.com/) as stock market 27T$ or bond market 38T$ (https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/03/11/how-big-is-the-stock-market.aspx)

It is less that 0.3% of the investment decisions which is completely marginal. In terms of attention... Nobody cares.

From my point of view we are living now a moment where whales are making everything bigger and are getting money from mining and pumps. Although there are good examples of companies working hard for their bussines.

I think, this is the case of Ripple among some others. Let's asume that most of the crytocoins are ****. It will arrive a moment where they will concentrate and only the ones that perform the best will survive.

12 hours ago, AlibabaGrp said:

You need to realize just because you got in early doesn't mean everyone else did. The masses got in late. Man, why are some ppl so ......

The masses?

ummmmm, really? 

You should read some of the comments from investors since 2012. They have been through this cycle a few times. They say they went through cycles when everyone was saying "we missed the last rally". There will not be another one. Crypto is done and yet another leg up happens. I have to believe we are still early to the market. I am a little worried about the big boys (banks, FIs, and CME futures) possibly suppressing the market now, but with all the on ramps being built, I feel like the next rally will be historical. They have much more to gain from opening this asset class to the public than suppressing the price IMO. I think stocks are over valued and cryptos are under valued. As stated before, only invest what you can afford to lose. Stop checking the prices everyday. You will find it less stressful. Enjoy your life and do the things in life that make you happy. Hopefully in time, you will find your investment pays off! 

10 minutes ago, dvdman said:

I think stocks are over valued and cryptos are under valued.

^ This 100%.  Stocks are a path of least resistence to the average investor - click, click, buy.  Buying and storing crypto is like trying to get a Delorean to time travel - you have to do 29 things exactly right.  The custodial services will make crypto as easy to buy as stocks.  And it will be seen as a decent hedge. 

38 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

^ This 100%.  Stocks are a path of least resistence to the average investor - click, click, buy.  Buying and storing crypto is like trying to get a Delorean to time travel - you have to do 29 things exactly right.  The custodial services will make crypto as easy to buy as stocks.  And it will be seen as a decent hedge. 

Agreed, but the 2nd thing is these arent stocks. No earnings, how do you value them, the only way to get growth is create demand for the coin that makes people want to buy and hold. 

Quantifying crypto against a metric what metric?

My hope is big name usage creates desire. 

For many traditional investors it will be a hard question to answer because crypto does not follow traditional school of thought and why some are so against it being "monetized Jack Ma included."

Interesting times.

Edited by pumpndump

33 minutes ago, pumpndump said:

Agreed, but the 2nd thing is these arent stocks. No earnings, how do you value them, the only way to get growth is create demand for the coin that makes people want to buy and hold. 

Quantifying crypto against a metric what metric?

My hope is big name usage creates desire. 

For many traditional investors it will be a hard question to answer because crypto does not follow traditional school of thought and why some are so against it being "monetized Jack Ma included."

Interesting times.

Good post. Yes, how will people view crypto? People hold precious metals so I imagine they will see crypto as more similar to holding silver or gold than a stock. I hope so, anyway.