XRP Community Reputation

4 hours ago, Domp_Eet said:

Anyone who doesn't think XRP will reach $100 is a bitcoin maximalist, a coinbase shill, an agent of the winklevoss twins, a paid FUDster to keep XRP prices low so that their whale paymasters can farm weak hands and most importantly STUPID and IGNORANT. Praise Garlinghouse !

But jokes aside though, twitter is just a cesspool of tribalism, misinformation and vested interests. The way some people there talk about their crypto of choice borders on fanaticism. The mooners, 589ers and the people who just HAVE to mention #xrpthestandard at every single mention of XRP don't give this amazing digital asset the respectability and dignity it deserves.

Oh, and side note to the $589 people (if any are lurking): 589 is the atomic weight of cobalt (58.9), you know, that thing ripple is working on, and NOT a price prediction!

It's amazing how new members join each week and know all the current "talking points" verbatim.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently I’ve been thinking about the perception of the XRP community to the outside world. Clearly the community is very passionate, but does anyone feel this is to the point that it may become

twitter is just a sess pitt in general, you go to any company feed and find utter nonsense. If business descions are made based on a few twitter posts then i would be more worried.  

I don't know. I don't use Twitter. Or Facebook. The types of people who use them tend to be very loud and outspoken individuals that want everyone to know what they think. Those kind of people are obn

Tribalism within all the crypto communities is one of my least favorite things about getting into the whole crypto space.  It reflects poorly upon the entire community and it just shows even highly educated people can be completely and utterly intolerable when it involves greed and I refuse to believe people are so "passionate" for any other reason at this point.

All those companies are too busy and have way bigger, more realistic issues to worry about than twitter comments.  It does however affect the early adopter retail individual. 

Crypto what?  Blockchain who?  Very few people will be willing to do their own research, and even less willing to put money towards an emerging technology.  When you head over to the Google Machine to search 'XRP' you eventually get led to places such as Twitter.  After 5 minutes of seeing people already counting how much money they are going to have along with the bee-hive mentality of anything that threatens the queen bee XRP (or other digital assets) is a total turn off. I still don't get the hating on other cryptocurrencies when there is room for multiple to thrive, and even benefit from one another.   Luckily in my particular case, I dug a little further and became knowledgeable enough to tell which people are worth listening to, and there are quite a few of them. 

7 hours ago, Zerptime said:

People here think bitcoin maximalist are some evil group who hates all other coins but in reality both are just greedy people wanting to get rich quick! There's no good or bad guys here!

Greed is your favorite marxist buzz word ?

6 hours ago, Domp_Eet said:

Oh, and side note to the $589 people (if any are lurking): 589 is the atomic weight of cobalt (58.9), you know, that thing ripple is working on, and NOT a price prediction!

We know this.  The 589 was meant both as that and a price prediction.  There's a possibility of other meanings as well.  Bearableguy123 also made other (straight out, non-riddle) comments around that time saying that a $400+ price prediction was too low, etc.  He definitely meant it as a price prediction AS WELL AS the Cobalt thing - whether he was right or not we'll find out in a couple months.  I personally think he was overly ambitious with it, but I certainly wouldn't mind if he turned out to be right.

I don't think the community matters at all. (Except for the few gems like the people that write great articles about Ripple or develop software that enhances the XRP ecosystem)

Twitter/Reddit/social media = BS. About just as relevant as talk on the street. The only thing we do that matters is making XRP a tiny bit more liquid. The future of global payments won't be shaped by any crypto-fanboy. It will be shaped by economics, by regulation and by other fundamental things.

There used to be more threads focused on various aspects of the technology and how the business model would shape up. I think most of that discovery is ironed out by now.

With every great new innovation, the conversation declines as the early and late majority start getting clued in, and join the conversation. The fact that this innovation has not excluded ordinary folks from financial participation was always going to lead to some additional attraction, dilution of quality, and over emotional opinions. People get goofy about money.

Add to that, the vigor with which the bitcoin maximum folks attacked this community with, knowing full well they were wrong, and finally folks like Tiffany and others on twitter, took it upon themselves to assert facts as a defense.

The twitter bitcoin clan are not the decision makers that matter. The louder they fud on XRP, the longer their influence keeps the window of opportunity open, with XRP remaining under valued, and bitcoin over valued. So, the whole situation is honestly cloaked in irony.

I completely agree! I was just thinking the same and started shaking my head the other day reading all those comments! I must add that I just got Twitter last week so I could participate in some of the discussions so idk if it is the norm for those types of behaviors. But nevertheless, it is still very immature, embarrassing and unprofessional! As soon as Swift posts something,  they are bombarded with "is it Ripple?" , "When moon?" , "Ripple is better"...We must remember that there's a difference between being passionate and being obnoxious! I'm passionate about Ripple and XRP but these types of behaviors will NOT bring any positivity to our cause, it doesn't speed up adoption and it sure won't influence Swift or any other company to partner with Ripple! 

My observation is that this is largely a function of "new blood" from other coins/communities/etc - and they come in and are used to "belief" rather than "utility" and latch onto some of the more... "creative", let's say... of the ideas which float around the public portions of the forum and the more "excitable" of the social media proponents of XRP.  This is both good and bad, as new adopters showing up is nice, but when they don't dig deeply and all they see at the surface is people talking about how to spend their magical-bear-promised-billions-by-EOY, not good.

*shrug*

15 hours ago, EWH2020 said:

Recently I’ve been thinking about the perception of the XRP community to the outside world.

Clearly the community is very passionate, but does anyone feel this is to the point that it may become a hindrance to Ripple or further XRP adoption?

Major institutions are Tweeting about developments within their companies and then their news feeds are bombarded by the XRPcommunity asking “is it XRapid?”, “When moon?” Etc. 

What must these institutions think of us? 

If Temenos partners with IBM (looks likely) will the CEO get trolled by XRP moon boys and BG123 fantasists? 

What must the CEO of Temenos make of us?

SWIFT sends a tweet and the whole feed is full of the XRP community telling them how sh*t their technology is. I mean, they must think we’re a bit of a joke. 

I find it a little embarrassing and something that damages our credibility. 

What do you guys think?

If anyone at Santander, American Express, Visa, the United States Treasury, the SEC, Wall Street, JP Morgan, or any other large establishment gives two toostie rolls about the opinions of a bunch of cartoon characters on Twitter than I'd be worried. I do not for 2 seconds believe that the so-called XRP community plays any roll whatsoever in the adoption of cryptocurrency. the value has more less been created by whales, we are small fish, and the institutions are looking to profit off both.  Where the technology provides an actual growth potential to change the world, it has already been developed and is being developed by people who spend 60-80s a week in their office doing the developing, not posting selfies of themselves, applying for fictional executive positions of digital assets, or sending gifs of rockets back and forth to self proclaimed FUD fighers. 

The XRP community is loud, but largely pointless.

38972331_heavyfalcon.gif.fd655bf2db6ed0c3ea9196221817a494.gif

39 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

If anyone at Santander, American Express, Visa, the United States Treasury, the SEC, Wall Street, JP Morgan, or any other large establishment gives two toostie rolls about the opinions of a bunch of cartoon characters on Twitter than I'd be worried. I do not for 2 seconds believe that the so-called XRP community plays any roll whatsoever in the adoption of cryptocurrency. the value has more less been created by whales, we are small fish, and the institutions are looking to profit off both.  Where the technology provides an actual growth potential to change the world, it has already been developed and is being developed by people who spend 60-80s a week in their office doing the developing, not posting selfies of themselves, applying for fictional executive positions of digital assets, or sending gifs of rockets back and forth to self proclaimed FUD fighers. 

The XRP community is loud, but largely pointless.

Bitcoin has already proved you wrong. The value of those establishments comes from the regular joe's who use their products, or the citizens who vote for and pay for their government institutions. Santander could not compete with blockchain because blockchain received more funding for ingenuity. It's the people who are the movers and shakers and in 2008 the banks took that for granted and now here we are. Don't be foolish taking them for granted again or you will see Bitcoin win after all.  

Our reputation is shot.  I told 2 friends about it over the weekend and they come back with "So BG123 says 589?".  It's sad but true.  Everyone is clinging to stupid riddles, any supposed "insider", and a bunch of "When moon" teens.  I mean just pop into the BG123 club here on the forums and it's insane how foolish the community looks.  Random people pop up saying they're insiders with no proof and 50+ people drool over them.  

We need to get back to pure facts, act like adult investors, and stop giving our own community a black eye.  Nobody takes XRP serious and for good reason.  Our community has turned into a bunch of YouTube donation star wanna bees, riddle chasers, and now astrology new world order conspiracy theorist.  Frankly, I'm embarrassed.