EWH2020

XRP Community Reputation

Sadley enough I have to agree with you. Before we where all bitching and moaning about those BTC maximalists but by the looks of it we are just the same. When you look at twitter and anything Ripple related comes by it gets completely taken over by xrp community. Don't get me wrong, enthusiasm should be supported and not pushed down. But by bashing and trolling social media we are starting to look childish.
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar Sadley enough I have to agree with you. Before we where all bitching and moaning about those BTC maximalists but by the looks of it we are just the same. When you look at twitter and anything Ripple related comes by it gets completely taken over by xrp community. Don't get me wrong, enthousiasm should be supported and not pushed down. But by bashing and trolling social media we are starting to look childish.

Excellent point.  Thankfully the core adolescent group here has created a safe playroom for themselves where only RightSpeak is heard.

Occasionally a few slither out to make sure that the Gospel is spoken properly.

But yes, the points you make are well taken.

6 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I don't know. I don't use Twitter. Or Facebook. The types of people who use them tend to be very loud and outspoken individuals that want everyone to know what they think. Those kind of people are obnoxious to me.

I hate Twitter. I rationally know that It can be used in a beneficial way but to me it represents the bad side of this new technological era we live in. Short bursts of incomplete information usually barely thought out before clicking “post.”

”Hit Walmt on wAy home. Good sale on Halloween candy yo. U need to get.”

Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent for a sec.

45 minutes ago, EWH2020 said:

Recently I’ve been thinking about the perception of the XRP community to the outside world.

Clearly the community is very passionate, but does anyone feel this is to the point that it may become a hindrance to Ripple or further XRP adoption?

Major institutions are Tweeting about developments within their companies and then their news feeds are bombarded by the XRPcommunity asking “is it XRapid?”, “When moon?” Etc. 

What must these institutions think of us? 

If Temenos partners with IBM (looks likely) will the CEO get trolled by XRP moon boys and BG123 fantasists? 

What must the CEO of Temenos make of us?

SWIFT sends a tweet and the whole feed is full of the XRP community telling them how sh*t their technology is. I mean, they must think we’re a bit of a joke. 

I find it a little embarrassing and something that damages our credibility. 

What do you guys think?

It's embarrassing and damaging to the XRPCommunity of course #Riptards. But to say what would these institutions or CEO's will think of us doesn't matter, because they aren't. We are nobodies and also Ripple products are not your everyday products used by the world, its for Institutions and they will only see the product and company.

6 minutes ago, Invincible said:

It's embarrassing and damaging to the XRPCommunity of course #Riptards. But to say what would these institutions or CEO's will think of us doesn't matter, because they aren't. We are nobodies and also Ripple products are not your everyday products used by the world, its for Institutions and they will only see the product and company.

Those working in these institutions and CEO's are normal people, not superstars used to being harassed on social media. So when they get brigaded by anonymous people spewing out spiteful comments, it probably does matter. For them at least

47 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I don't know. I don't use Twitter. Or Facebook. The types of people who use them tend to be very loud and outspoken individuals that want everyone to know what they think. Those kind of people are obnoxious to me.

There's like 5 billion users on Facebook. Bit generalizing?

8 minutes ago, captainjack said:

Those working in these institutions and CEO's are normal people, not superstars used to being harassed on social media. So when they get brigaded by anonymous people spewing out spiteful comments, it probably does matter. For them at least

You think Elon Musk, Travis Kalanaik, Suckerberg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc etc. took it to their heart and changed their course after seeing comments on twitter or social media??

I don't think so.

12 minutes ago, captainjack said:

There's like 5 billion users on Facebook. Bit generalizing?

Less than 2.5 billion monthly active users according to recent stats from June & the numbers have been declining. Maybe I am generalizing. This has just been my experience. :D

1 hour ago, EWH2020 said:

What must these institutions think of us? 

There is no "us". You're on your own. Associate or don't associate with "them". It won't make a difference to "these institutions". 

You sound too involved in something you've injected yourself into. Ripple and FI will be fine. That's what they're paid to do.

The reality is, buy crypto and forget about it. Seriously, take a month off to read some books, learn how to juggle or knit a sweater. 

Your crypto will still be there whenever you decide to check back. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Your crypto will still be there whenever you decide to check back

I wouldn't go that far and guarantee that. :D