solid102

Will the flood of new money that came in 2017 ever return

We all know that 2017 was the year news of bitcoin hitting new price milestones every few month when it hit 2,700, 5,000 and so on throughout the year. This brought a huge amount of attention to the market including myself which culminated into the massive bull run at the end of 2017. I still remember that run I could literary put my money on any coin and I would profit in the end I chose to put all my money into XRP and my profits sky rocketed to 90,000 USD. Unfortunately greed got the best of me and I did not cash out and got burned bad.

We all know that a lot of people got burned bad maybe even worse than me and this has cause a whole lot of money to leave the market especially people with no experience in investing. This entire year has been a not so positive year for crypto in terms of price news which usually is the thing that attracts people to invest. now my question is guys will we ever see the money that entered the market in 2017 return this year or are we in for another long stagnant price period until something similar price wise to 2017 happens again.

21 minutes ago, solid102 said:

We all know that 2017 was the year news of bitcoin hitting new price milestones every few month when it hit 2,700, 5,000 and so on throughout the year. This brought a huge amount of attention to the market including myself which culminated into the massive bull run at the end of 2017. I still remember that run I could literary put my money on any coin and I would profit in the end I chose to put all my money into XRP and my profits sky rocketed to 90,000 USD. Unfortunately greed got the best of me and I did not cash out and got burned bad.

We all know that a lot of people got burned bad maybe even worse than me and this has cause a whole lot of money to leave the market especially people with no experience in investing. This entire year has been a not so positive year for crypto in terms of price news which usually is the thing that attracts people to invest. now my question is guys will we ever see the money that entered the market in 2017 return this year or are we in for another long stagnant price period until something similar price wise to 2017 happens again.

Come on, is this real?  Of course. The ‘flood’ of money that came in was nothing compared to what ‘could’ come in. Seriously. That was still the great minority of people. Think about this....only .3% of people in the world have ever used a wallet. We are so early it’s crazy. Just be patient....and buy more if you can. ??

23 minutes ago, xrp-overflow said:

Maybe the money will come back, it's a 17.34 % chance. 

The chance that @AllinXRP is right with his statement and its implications is about 3.141%.

The chances these questions will keep being asked with no real answer....

....is 100% :wizard:

Edited by Atomic1221

The Koreans were key in the last bubble.  Something to bring the Asian interest back again might start things.

There was an article in Marketwatch yesterday about how Bitcoin has become a kind of stablecoin due to its

low volatility lately,  Could have something to do with the flat market.  Many factors, however.

I think it will cycle back at some point, it's just difficult to predict when. The money poured in based on pure speculation and we appear to be inching closer and closer to actual application of not only XRP, but crypto overall.

...or I hope at least. Like you, I let greed take over and didn't cash in a dime on the last run. Maybe another run will help my wife forgive me ?

1 hour ago, solid102 said:

or are we in for another long stagnant price period until something similar price wise to 2017 happens again.

No...https://investinghaven.com/crypto-blockchain/5-must-read-cryptocurrency-predictions-2019/

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Institutional money will be the catalyst

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Bitcoin’s upside capped

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Ripple becomes the new Bitcoin

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: only added value cryptos will do well

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Blockchain implementations accelerate

I think the next big market rally will start after all theses tokens have production ready projects behind them. I think that will trigger an institutional investor based valuation bubble that will be much larger than .com bubble

We don't want a speculative rise, we want a utility rise, mixed with some speculation, but mostly utility.

It was a drop, not a flood. Institutional/utility tsunami incoming.

Edited by PhiGuy

2 hours ago, PhiGuy said:

It was a drop, not a flood. Institutional/utility tsunami incoming.

That is true but this is just a prediction. Otherwise where is this institutional money, why are they still waiting when the price is perfect now and if they are waiting how long will it be ? As for utility  we did have xrapid launch however we do not know the scale of this utility and so far the effects it has on xrp if it is truly use is so tiny compared to speculators effect that happened at the end of 2017.

33 minutes ago, solid102 said:

That is true but this is just a prediction. Otherwise where is this institutional money, why are they still waiting when the price is perfect now and if they are waiting how long will it be

Institutions want to deal with exchanges and custodians at their level and not with shady home made solutions. Once you'll have both they'll be comfortable to include the crypto product in their portfolios.

Edited by Yodaxrp

We all know cryptocurrencies are growing and institutions are flowing in. So let's cut to the chase and ask what we all really want to know:

''Will I see the type of 10.000% growth rates and massive bubbles again so I can take massive profits and use some of the money to buy the dip''

Honestly I have no idea. Maybe institutional involvement will create massive new bubble. There's only been ONE tech bubble so far, when is the next one coming (Growth can't just go on forever)?

Same with crypto, when is the second gigantic bubble coming so I can dump my bags to John Q. Public  and buy my luxury car of choice????

12 hours ago, Live4xrp said:

No...https://investinghaven.com/crypto-blockchain/5-must-read-cryptocurrency-predictions-2019/

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Institutional money will be the catalyst

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Bitcoin’s upside capped

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Ripple becomes the new Bitcoin

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: only added value cryptos will do well

Cryptocurrency predictions for 2019: Blockchain implementations accelerate

The writer Taki Tsaklanos has some very good points IMO, a really well-thought out and concisely expressed analysis, I think you will be happy if you have a minute to read...

"The sentiment around cryptocurrency investing is horrendous, and we like this a lot. Let’s be clear here: we only like this if fundamentals are good. We can tell readers that cryptocurrency and blockchain investing has tremendous fundamentals, although only for a small minority of cryptocurrency projects and blockchain stocks. The ones that will survive the ongoing ‘catharsis’ will do extremely well, we are as convinced as we can about this. This article features InvestingHaven’s 5 must-read cryptocurrency predictions for 2019, which make the point why we are super-bullish on crypto and blockchain investing."

"In this article we really go beyond our Ripple price forecast 2019 and Bitcoin price forecast 2019. It is the fundamental picture of the cryptocurrency market we will paint, beyond chart analysis."

He also posted this a month ago, I hadn't read it before...

https://investinghaven.com/crypto-blockchain/ripple-price-forecast-2019/

A Ripple Price Forecast For 2019

Taki Tsaklanos  1 month ago 

"Ripple is our top favorite crypto company, that is not a secret. How high can the price of Ripple’s cryptocurrency, the XRP token, rise? In a discovery-alike fashion we come to the answer in this Ripple price forecast 2019. In sum, we are convinced XRP token will move to $20. Our base case Ripple price forecast for 2019 is $20."